Thread: Need mechanic in tampa area

Need mechanic in tampa area

Chad Wolfe used to service my bikes, I haven't been to see him in 2 years (he quit answering his phone).

Who is recommended now? I just need some general stuff done, like new front shock oil, oil change, chain tensioned, etc.

I may be able to help you if you are unable to find anyone. I am just limited on space since we sold our house in Valrico. We are renting in Wesley Chapel while we look for a lot to build. I am off until Monday but do have a couple appointments tomorrow and Thursday mornings.
    If you need my help what I would like to do is help you do the work yourself - I am an automotive instructor and like many on here do not trust anyone else to work on my bikes. I learned this many years ago when a long time local shop installed a new tire backwards on my bike. All I ask for is that if you do not already have it you get a factory service manual for your bike (not Haynes or Clymer) in paperback, on disc, or downloaded. Then, maybe buy me lunch or some beer - it is more about the satisfaction of helping other riders take care of their bikes.
    "No good deed goes unpunished!"

05 ZG1000 Concours
    04 Z1000
    82 Seca Turbo X2
    78 KZ1000 Z1R

A shop you can trust is Barneys in St. Pete. Talk to Drewster, the parts and service manager, we will make sure youre set.
    Follow the liter