Thread: I'm a newbie...Power Commander question.

I'm a newbie...Power Commander question.

Hello,

I'm getting a Yoshi R55 exhaust system and I'm trying to learn the difference b/w using a Power Commander and having the ECU flashed for tuning purposes. Can anyone give me some advice regarding this? I'm fairly clueless and just now starting to dabble in this stuff.

Thanks!!!

Hi welcome, and as you can see the site isnt very active anymore, but we are always looking for people to join and enjoy the site, and hopefully start a fire and get things going again.
    I dont know much about ECU flashes, but a power commander and getting it properly dyno-tuned will def give you much more power, and even power curve and smooth power delivery. Obviously, the power commander costs more and then you need a full dyno tune, which also costs more than the ECU flash, but you will get more HP, and better overall performance from the bike, the cost of exhaust, the power commander and the tune.
    The key is to find someone "good" who can really tune a bike, there used to be someone in sarasota who did a great job, but he closed down his shop. Currently I dont know of anyone who really does this, and does this very well.

I hope this helps
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!
    When the FCUK did we get Ice Cream!!!!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best
    2:19.424

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898
    Yes i hold a track record, and NO it will never be broken

Gitmo

Power Commander all day. Having the ability to tune is a great benefit. As Griff mentioned. It comes down to who does the tune for you. I had a great tune done by an old member here that would slightly retard my power when coming on the throttle at low rpm. Made for much less loss of traction. I tended to have a heavy hand coming out of turns early in my riding career.
    Follow the liter

ps... Welcome. What do you ride? year make model?
    Follow the liter

I had a 2007 GSXR 750 for a long time, but I sold it in 2012 and didn't ride again until about a week ago when I got my new bike - 2018 Kawi ZX-14R.

Congrats. Pics? Or it didn't happen. lol
    Follow the liter

Welcome. I forgot what a motorcycle is but the power commander I had with the tune evenend out the throttle and made it more consistent when rolling on.
    "No matter how many mistakes you've made you are ahead of people who aren't trying."

Remember Spd_dmn_05-Brandon Williford