Just putting the feelers out there to make a decision on this bike. Friend of mine had an issue on this bike last year of intermittent stalling when coming to a stop. Had it at Barneys for diag and repair and $800 later still not right. So back in September I picked it up to take a look at it. Initially what I found was lower than spec compression across cylinders 1-3 and almost no compression on cylinder 4. He has been running a shorty open gap style pipe and probably burned the valves. I have not pulled the head yet but have the cam cover off to look at the valve movement.

So my recommendation was to pull and repair the head, replace applicable gaskets and hoses, etc.. I told him he is probably looking at $1000 to repair after my estimated labor and parts. Problem is I am trying to get some projects done around my house to get it on the market by April/May and do not have a lot of free time. So I started looking at used heads as an option to save time and there are a couple nice ones on EBay under $200 so we would be probably around the same amount to repair but ahead on time.

When I contacted him about the used head option he is still thinking he has already wasted $800 on it and does not really want to invest any more in it. Bike has about 30,000 miles on it and has been garage kept so might be a good starter bike for someone who wants to take the time to repair it. So if anyone is interested let me know and make an offer I can pass along to him. And if you want any photos PM me a cell number and I will text them to you. It is on my lift torn down right now.

It also just occurred to me that I have one of my students wanting to buy a motorcycle so this might be a good project for him that I can help him with at school. But I can?t check with him until next week when we get back in session so if you are interested please let me know by this weekend and I will not speak with him about it.