Thread: Nuviz: Motorcyle HUD

Nuviz: Motorcyle HUD

These guys have the first available HUD for motorcycles. It's basically a small piece of plastic where images related to your GPS (mostly) as well as other functions are projected. For those of us that use smart phones on our bikes it means far less time gathering relevant information and more time with eyes on the road.

The $699 price is STEEP but they are offering no interest financing and that makes it tempting.

Check it out and let me know what you think:
    https://www.ridenuviz.com/products/n...ead-up-display

Personally I'd prefer something cheaper without the built in camera, smaller so I can use it with my existing intercom system.
    f*ck facebook

Technology might just be getting a little ahead of itself. I ride to get away from everything. I am actually considering getting rid of my phone and getting a flip phone.....
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO View Post
    Technology might just be getting a little ahead of itself. I ride to get away from everything. I am actually considering getting rid of my phone and getting a flip phone.....
    Unfortunately when I ride I'm purposely going somewhere, it's extremely rare when I just go riding.

What puts this in super boner category for me is when I'm riding with the misses I'm super concerned about keeping the bike upright. It's a big bike and both the misses and myself have a few extra pounds on us so anything that keeps my head upright is a bonus for me.

That being said, if it were about $300 cheaper without the camera or intercom functions (pretty much just the HUD) it would be a no brainer for me as I already have intercoms on my helmets and several cameras.
    f*ck facebook

What is all in the HUD that you like so much? GPS? Speedo? Tach? Warns you if your speeding?
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO View Post
    What is all in the HUD that you like so much? GPS? Speedo? Tach? Warns you if your speeding?
    Directions! My wife has a special intuition where she knows when the nav will give me a direction change and she starts talking interrupting the intercom.
    f*ck facebook

Cant change the priority of inputs on your intercom system? Pretty sure you can with Scala. You can move Navigation on top of Intercom.
    Follow the liter

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
    Cant change the priority of inputs on your intercom system? Pretty sure you can with Scala. You can move Navigation on top of Intercom.
    I no longer have Scala. Both of them died (my old G4s) and I tried one of the new Freecom systems but it was super buggy (losing the bluetooth link, granted it was new) and felt cheap (especially the mount).
    I now have the Sena (either the 10 or 20s) and have yet to try to configure it on my computer.
    Prioritizing inputs wouldn't work because I do navigation on my phone and it's playing music at the same time.
    f*ck facebook

Riiiight, so navigation first, then intercom, then music... Music and interom wont go over Nav, and music is always there is no one is talking or no nav is happening.
    Follow the liter

I'm I so old I still like the sound of my engine revving and just plain and simple getting lost? Then again you can pretty much drop me off anywhere in the northern hemisphere and give me a minute or 2 and I'll point you north.....