Thread: 2017 Hypermotard SP?

Hybrid View

2017 Hypermotard SP?

Just like the title says!

I am getting back on two wheels and I'm looking hard at a Hyper for some fun riding in the Rockies. Anyone have any experience with a Hypermotard, good or bad?

Anything else anyone would recommend? I am looking at sport standard, something comfy but capable. My next race bike will be for all out performance.

Let's get this forum going!

Hey Frank, you might want to ping Katie, Kt-rides, she has had one for a few years now.
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!
    When the FCUK did we get Ice Cream!!!!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best
    2:19.424

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898
    Yes i hold a track record, and NO it will never be broken

Gitmo

Quote Originally Posted by griffinzx10 View Post
    Hey Frank, you might want to ping Katie, Kt-rides, she has had one for a few years now.
    Thanks Griff!

What part of Denver? I'll be out there on my R1 in August or Sept. Plus visiting family and friends in Colorado Springs, Longmont, Steam Boat.
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO View Post
    What part of Denver? I'll be out there on my R1 in August or Sept. Plus visiting family and friends in Colorado Springs, Longmont, Steam Boat.
    Oh how cool Rico!

I live in the Denver Tech Center, SE Denver near Aurora.

I was just down in Colorado Springs this weekend, beautiful views! Go see Manitou Springs and take a ride up Pikes Peak while you are there too, you won't regret it. Steamboat is also a beautiful part of the state.

After a few mountain drives I decided riding on the street was worth the risk around here. I'm also looking to get back into some racing out here with the MRA.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerfrank View Post
    Oh how cool Rico!

I live in the Denver Tech Center, SE Denver near Aurora.

I was just down in Colorado Springs this weekend, beautiful views! Go see Manitou Springs and take a ride up Pikes Peak while you are there too, you won't regret it. Steamboat is also a beautiful part of the state.

After a few mountain drives I decided riding on the street was worth the risk around here. I'm also looking to get back into some racing out here with the MRA.
    Ben out there a few times. If you haven't try "The Keg" in Monitou, best buffalo burger I've ever had! I'll PM you some dates when I'm heading out there, we can try and ride Pikes Peak or some other roads.
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

Quote Originally Posted by t_bare View Post
    Katie is on an older air cooled 796, I've got a 08 11s also air cooled. The new ones of course are all water cooled. When Shopping for one I went the old route because I wanted something raw, air cooled and torquey. I've got a couple of bikes so I never had any intention on riding it very far. The newer ones are faster, smoother, and have better range.

t_bare
    Thanks for the feedback. I read/watched plenty of reviews and no one could say a bad word about the 939 liquid cooled model, but they did mention the 1100 was just raw and aggressive and the new model misses the mark there. From what you noted it sounds exactly what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO View Post
    Ben out there a few times. If you haven't try "The Keg" in Monitou, best buffalo burger I've ever had! I'll PM you some dates when I'm heading out there, we can try and ride Pikes Peak or some other roads.
    HA! fingers crossed I can save up that cash sooner than later, working on it!

Katie is on an older air cooled 796, I've got a 08 11s also air cooled. The new ones of course are all water cooled. When Shopping for one I went the old route because I wanted something raw, air cooled and torquey. I've got a couple of bikes so I never had any intention on riding it very far. The newer ones are faster, smoother, and have better range.

t_bare
    Ducati Multistrada GT
    Ducati 998 Rubber Ducky
    Ducati Hypermotard 1100s Dark and Leggy
    KTM 530EXC Use-ta-waz-Stevewfl's
    Triumph Daytona 675 Track Bike!