Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My trip is coming up

Don't worry, I have to postpone mine too, until April. Construction at the house......BUT, I'll save a little more money and add a couple more states to the trip!
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

Didn't postpone.. just missed my target date

a commitment to the decision is all it takes. Then comes doing whatever is necessary to make it happen. It sounds too easy, but in reality it is! The hardest part is right at the beginning when you have to release all the things that hold you from doing it in the first place.

Chris Scott’s Adventure Motorcycling Handbook, Horizons Unlimited’s Achievable Dream DVD boxed set, and the Haynes Adventure Motorcycling series by Robert Wicks are solid starting points.
    Last edited by Knine; 08-02-2017 at 07:02 AM.
    < N > RUN ?

Mine is more finances, and wife and kids.....lol
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

dumpster dive..lol

wife, takes care of the kids..

check out Daniel Rintz (Open-Explorers.com) who completed a round-the-world trip having adopted his own mantra “2 wheels, 1 world, 0 money.”
    < N > RUN ?

Well, The time has come starting Dec .1st I officially will become a "Houseless Nomad ".
    As strange as it sounds, the feeling of choosing this action is just as strange .
    Decided just to take a "Leap " of Faith, then to chose " Perfection " as the deciding sign as when to take the "Leap" !

Because, that perfect sign, that says, your ready wasn't happening with the "budget " I was working with .

Letting "Go " has been hard, But, liberating all in the same breath. Stars grow , then shine , then fade away.

This "Fading " stage in my life, I'm sure will be enlighteness , reflection , and most of all " Memorable "

So, Farewell My Friends !

Bull shit, I'm going to have a Great Time , In a 'Van Down By The River'
    Last edited by Knine; 11-20-2017 at 04:15 AM.
    < N > RUN ?

Congratulations! Hope you have a great time. Post up on here often. I am very interested in how this turns out.

Thanks Rico,
    "Turns Out" will be Awesome how can it not!

The Start is going to be uncomfortable , as I am going to continue " working " up into March . So , I will be doing "Stealth " camping , which I'm not very Stealthy lol.
    < N > RUN ?

By "stealth" do you mean living in your vehicle?
    f*ck facebook

Quote Originally Posted by echoraven View Post
    By "stealth" do you mean living in your vehicle?
    Yes, Truck & Slide in Pop-up Truck Camper.. Where ever I park it will be obvious someone is in there and My Doberman will let them know , Also !
    < N > RUN ?

Hope all is well dude. Are you still out floating around in other areas or are you here in Tampa still?

and Rico, I'm heading to the Georgia/NC mountains in late March, early April. I'll be on a Goldwing. I will be doing this trip even if it's three days, as I also have been trying to take this bike on a trip for over 8 months now.
    Last edited by Agent; 11-20-2017 at 07:09 PM.
    ...: Not Bikeless :...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    Hope all is well dude. Are you still out floating around in other areas or are you here in Tampa still?

and Rico, I'm heading to the Georgia/NC mountains in late March, early April. I'll be on a Goldwing. I will be doing this trip even if it's three days, as I also have been trying to take this bike on a trip for over 8 months now.
    Agent whats up stranger ?
    All is Awesome on my side..
    Still in Tampa.. havn't Floated any where , yet lol
    < N > RUN ?

What's up agent! Glad to see your still around. In March 16 I am leaving for Arkansa for a Concours meet (on the R1) then heading west. It will be the trip I started this thread about. It got postponed do to the Hurricane, then the pool that was supposed to take 2 month and we are close to 4 now! lol. Haven't been riding much do to tendinitis, but I'll keep you posted. Tell us about the Goldwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Knine View Post
    Yes, Truck & Slide in Pop-up Truck Camper.. Where ever I park it will be obvious someone is in there and My Doberman will let them know , Also !
    That is pretty damn cool.
    About a year ago my youtube feed started filling up with people that talked about living in their vehicles. I eyed that feed suspiciously; was my wife planning something and youtube knew about it before I did???
    f*ck facebook

That is pretty damn cool.
    About a year ago my youtube feed started filling up with people that talked about living in their vehicles. I eyed that feed suspiciously; was my wife planning something and youtube knew about it before I did???
    Hmmm .. Explain

I will have a drone and I will be filming .
    I will have to learn how to get what I film out there .. im clueless at the moment lol
    < N > RUN ?

Quote Originally Posted by Knine View Post
    Hmmm .. Explain

I will have a drone and I will be filming .
    I will have to learn how to get what I film out there .. im clueless at the moment lol

I watch alot of videos on youtube. Normally you look up something and it recommends similar videos. So most of my "recommended" videos were about motorcycles, video production, guitar stuff.
    Occasionally youtube will promote it's political garbage.
    One day out of the blue alot of videos about people living in their cars showed up on my feed. Made me mildly suspicious since I never even heard of the concept.

What's your drone?
    I purchased one (not sure which one) that can carry a GoPro sized camera. Have not done much with it since drone-ing is kind of a pain in the buttocks.
    f*ck facebook

I watch alot of videos on youtube. Normally you look up something and it recommends similar videos. So most of my "recommended" videos were about motorcycles, video production, guitar stuff.
    Occasionally youtube will promote it's political garbage.
    One day out of the blue alot of videos about people living in their cars showed up on my feed. Made me mildly suspicious since I never even heard of the concept.

What's your drone?
    I purchased one (not sure which one) that can carry a GoPro sized camera. Have not done much with it since drone-ing is kind of a pain in the buttocks.
    Don't have 1 yet...
    Follow me & go back to home base .. will be requirement in one , though .
    Look at 3 different ones at best buy in the $1000.00 range. I know what i want.. and clueless at the same time.
    Like , I said , just taking the leap.. & deal with the situations as they come , while still working until March...
    Once I get West of the Mississippi a New Journey of cluelessness begins ! lol

Why a pain ?
    < N > RUN ?