Thread: Oil changes? How do you do them?

Oil changes? How do you do them?

The manual recommends changing the filter cartridge every other oil change.

I've always changed the filter cartridge along with the oil every time, but am I doing it wrong?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Slower than a Vespa

Save the

Replace every time.
    f*ck facebook

it really depends, when i was doing just track days, i would change the oil after every track weekend, and the filter every other track weekend.
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!
    When the FCUK did we get Ice Cream!!!!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best
    2:19.424

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898
    Yes i hold a track record, and NO it will never be broken

Gitmo

I might put 5k/yr on my bike ('12 with 8,400 miles) I change my oil @ 5k miles with Amsoil full synthetic

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Slower than a Vespa

Save the

You "should" be good, but i have heard, and i am not 100% about this, as I am not a mechanic, but I have heard that some oils have a shelf life, as in not to let it sit for that long.
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!
    When the FCUK did we get Ice Cream!!!!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best
    2:19.424

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898
    Yes i hold a track record, and NO it will never be broken

Gitmo

you're fine doing it every other time. The engineers that designed that bike have a touch more insight than we do

Long story short I used to work for years in the motorcycle maintenance field and 95% of people under-ride and over-maintenance save your money homie! 5k a year is nothing, when you break it down that's just under 417 miles a month, it's not a lot. Once again, save your money man.

I would say it is more of how you beat your bike. LOL
    I use to red line every where I went....many years ago and before synthetics came out.
    I changed it every 3k miles and filter as well.
    Now I'm a little older, a little wiser and a lot slower.
    I do change my R1 every 4k and since I only cruise on the concours, that will probably 5k.

Also, rosella is pretty cheap in price. If I was using more expensive, than I would probably add another 1k miles to the changes.
    Truck gets Mobil 1 and Mobil filter, so its like $50+, I change that every 10k to 11k miles.
    Last edited by RICO; 01-18-2017 at 05:09 PM.
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

stick with oem filters, oil well i prefer bel ray products, really good stuff, and why not change the filter every time.
    Aprilia Rsvr 1000 07
    Everyones a Ph.D when it comes to riding,they can tell u what tires to get, what oil to use and what gear 2 buy yet these "Docs usually base their expertise on some1 else's opinion not their own experience...