Thread: My 05 R1 2.0

My 05 R1 2.0

So after a couple of long trips and many sunday rides with gear in the bags. I just didn't like the way it felt and started not liking the way it looked......eventually hating it!!!!! So, on my last trip to TN I rode some 400 miles through twisties and got my brother in (one of the best welders I know) to re-do my custom mounting brackets. Here is what we came up with....oh yeah, now to start testing.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

Looks good man. Toss up some before and after pics.
    Follow the liter

Can't tell on the picture to well, but I moved them down about 6 inches, forward around 4, and rotated them a bit.
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

Lower wieght is good, I like it. Do you have Adjustbars on there? If so awesome. Up for touring, dropped ddown when reached mountain destination.
    “I always look for a woman who has a tattoo. I see a woman with a tattoo, and I’m thinking, OK, here’s a gal who’s capable of making a decision she’ll regret in the future.”

Quote Originally Posted by RICO View Post
    ...and got my brother in (one of the best welders I know) to re-do my custom mounting brackets....
    Is he local? I would LOVE to have some custom mounting brackets on my Bonnie to use tool bags as mini saddle bags.
    f*ck facebook

Much better brother.
    Follow the liter

Quote Originally Posted by echoraven View Post
    Is he local? I would LOVE to have some custom mounting brackets on my Bonnie to use tool bags as mini saddle bags.
    Sorry, he is in TN.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO View Post
    Sorry, he is in TN.
    Fuckballs.
    f*ck facebook

nice!
    Steve

2010 Concours14 (everyone asks mileage, its now >109,000)
    KTM EXC
    ZX9R
    ZZR600 all lowered and its for Teressa