Thread: Alex Cooks

Alex Cooks

Ride in Peace!

http://www.wfla.com/story/29283162/c...torcycle-crash

TAMPA, FL (WFLA) -
    A memorial is growing outside Alex's Bar-B-Q in Tampa after owner Alex Cooks was killed in a motorcycle crash Monday afternoon.

Outside the Carrollwood restaurant Wednesday morning, there are flowers and notes giving condolences to the family of owner Alex Cooks. Messages include words like "Rest in Peace." Dozens have also posted on the restaurant's Facebook page expressing sympathies.

Some of the messages include: "RIP. We love you!" "RIP Alex, Carrollwood has lost a good guy" and "What a terrible loss for the whole Tampa community. May your family find peace during this tragic time. RIP Alex!"

Cooks been known in the Bay area for years as an important member of the community because he's given away thousands of bikes to needy kids at Christmas.

Cooks collected bikes at his restaurant for 14 years, because he said as a child, he never got a bike for Christmas. In total, Cooks gave away more than 20,000 bikes to children in need.

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says Cooks, 49, was riding a motorcycle through the Winn Dixie parking lot off N. Florida Avenue around 4:17 p.m. Monday. Deputies say he exited onto Fletcher Avenue and failed to yield to traffic when he struck a westbound Chevy Malibu on its passenger side. They say Cooks was wearing a helmet, but suffered life-threatening injuries and was transported to St. Joseph's? Hospital.

News Channel 8 is working to confirm more information about this sad news for Tampa Bay.
    - Noah
    2012 848 Evo Corse SE w/ Full Termignoni

RIP Rider.
    Follow the liter

Rip
    "The problem is, in making everyone else happy we have sacrificed our own happiness. We sacrifice so much of ourselves to fit in that there's no self left."

PoppaNoDoz

Damn! R.I.P. Good man.

R.i.p.
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

Very sad!
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppaNoDoz View Post
    ApogeeNow - you are more than a little scary man.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jarhead View Post
    Tommy, you really scare me sometimes.
    2007 Plasma Blue ZX-1464
    1464cc Bored & Stroked Motor, Re-Flashed ECU, OER Full Hi-Exhaust,
    SpeedoHealer, FP Velocity Stacks, Under-Cut Gears & No Flies!

2005 Subaru Forester XT (AWD madness!)
    1997 34' Fleetwood Bounder (Chevy Big Block Power at its slowest!)

RIP Alex. I heard about this guy before from Orlando on wild 94.1 when he does the sit up in the air in a tent thing during the holidays. 20,000 bikes donated? Very impressive, shame we lost him.