Thread: Ideas on wrapping or painting my exhaust..

Ideas on wrapping or painting my exhaust..

I have a full muzzy exhaust and i dont like the stainless look so i have some questions on what i can do to it. First I was thinking of wrapping it with some black header tape. Or should i plasti dip it? Or should I get it Sand blasted and paint it flat black?

I kinda want a smaller exhaust canister so i was thinking of getting a shorty pipe too. Im all over the place lol

I don't believe plastic dip will work, unless you want a giant smoke screen when you leave your driveway....lol
    Just ride it for a while!
    If not, it might take a little while to have it powder coated.
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

There are some heat resistant paints out there but I think it'd just be smarter to go ahead and powder coat it.
    1999 Honda CBR 600F4 -- Yellow & Black w/ Stage 1 Jet kit, K&N Filter and Two Brother's Exhaust

2005 Mercedes E55 AMG -- Blue w/ Tune, Pulley, Heat Exchanger, K&N Filter // 12.00@117 mph

Ideas on wrapping or painting my exhaust..

Quote Originally Posted by JoshM813 View Post
    There are some heat resistant paints out there but I think it'd just be smarter to go ahead and powder coat it.
    ^this. Or ceramic coat it for a slight performance increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a place in Pasco county that will ceramic coat everything for you... I would highly recommend not painting or powder coating it black... HOT!!!
    Follow the liter

Yea great point on the black making things hotter. Right now I can go ride for an hour, hop off and grab my tail lights and their only 6 out of 10 on hotness, so that stainless pipe does displace heat really well as it is. Maybe ill just leave it.

Thanks for the recommendations guys!

disregard
    Last edited by hicktown; 05-13-2015 at 04:49 PM.