Thread: Looking to get fit again...

Looking to get fit again...

I've been pretty relaxed on myself the last couple of years and I'm at the point where it bothers me so much I can't sleep anymore. I used to be real fit, running miles on 6 minutes & lifting a good size weight. 190 lbs of fury lol now I'm topping 250 -ish and I can't stand it. I seemed to have lost my way when I had my 1st kid at 19 and just been playing the lazy card.

Now I'm 25 and it's killing me. I want to be fit and big again and I don't know where to start anymore.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to go that's not $800/year, and good meal plan to go along with it?

Want to try my go at MMA but I want to get in better shape before I go into that.

Goal for me would be to drop back down to around 170 - 190 and then just fit & ripped like old days lol I miss my abs haha
    Slower than a Vespa

Save the

You must be kind of short to be shooting for that weight. If you are short, 250 is WAY overweight. If that is the case, start slowly. Eat healthy, not just less. Start walking a mile twice per day, break in to the occasional jog after the first week. Once you get started, you will feel better quickly. When you feel better, motivation comes much easier.
    2001 CR250r
    1983 XR350r Evo racer!
    2007 CRF450x
    1973 Midget
    .... and counting

Crossfit. I did the same thing about a year ago and I'm in the best shape of my life including high school.

I don't know about short, I'm 5'9. According to the doctors scale & military I should be roughly like 150 - 170 lol
    Slower than a Vespa

Save the

Looking to get fit again...

I have a bad back and have to shed some serious weight before gym time; I started with bicycles and dropped a ton of weight.

Then my thyroid got wonky and my weight is all over the place 😔.

But as stated previously, start easy. Small changes add up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now just to find a good bicycle that's not overly expensive. Wonder if I can get my dad to let me borrow his fully custom carbon fiber road bike he bought last year.
    Slower than a Vespa

Save the

I went through the same process and while working in Iraq I went from 260 to 190 in a matter of months. I started on the stationary cycles and elliptical a buddy of mine let me borrow a book he had titled Body-for-LIFE. The book had some good info in it plus I had the right motivation at the time, I didn't want to be a fat slow honkie in a combat zone. I wouldnt say that I became a gym rat but there wasnt much else to do but sleep but it was a bit too noisy out there to get much of that done.
    - Noah
    2012 848 Evo Corse SE w/ Full Termignoni