Thread: Bought a new helmet

Thumbs up Bought a new helmet

So, I had to do this. CCS requires you to have a Snell rated helmet within 5 years of the last rating. Well, Snell just came out with their 2015 ratings and the only lids I could find that have the current 2015 rating were Arai, Shoei and HJC helmets . I went with HJC and picked up the CL-17 Streamline. It ran me $150 + $25 for a dark shield.

I wore it for the 1st time Sunday during the CCS races at Daytona, and was pleasantly surprised. Fits like a glove and the ventilation was decent. It felt heavy to carry, but when I put it on it didn't feel heavy at all. The shield is crazy easy to switch out and the locking mechanism might be the simplest I've ever used.

Here's a link it.

CL-17 Streamline

_________________ ____
    |--Papa Jon Racing--| | ; |____.
    |_..._...__________| _|..........|
    "(@)'(@)"""""|(@)(@)*****(@)

CCS #19

Nice lid Jon!

I was never a fan of HJC in the past. I felt like they made some pretty cheap helmets, and were only useful as an entry level helmet. I think that changed about 4-5 years ago. My last two helmets have been HJC's, the RPS-10, and the CL-17. I think they have really stepped their game up and are making a much better helmet, while still remaining affordable.
    '11 ZX10R (Beastly)
    '07 GSXR 750 (Sold)
    '04 600RR (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    I think they have really stepped their game up and are making a much better helmet, while still remaining affordable.
    I've worn nothing but Arai and Shoei the last few years, but I've owned (and wore) just about every helmet brand made. I can honestly say I am very pleased with this helmet, and am more than happy with the purchase.
    _________________ ____
    |--Papa Jon Racing--| | ; |____.
    |_..._...__________| _|..........|
    "(@)'(@)"""""|(@)(@)*****(@)

CCS #19

Nice lid!

Bikes: 06 GSXR 600 (Chad Wolfe Prepared) suspension!

TRACK JUNKIE

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Jon View Post
    I've owned (and wore) just about every helmet brand made.
    Ever have a NAVA helmet, it was my first FF helmet back in the late 70's, very quiet with an automatic shield. If you left it open it would drop down around 25 mph but still be 1/3 inch off the helmet then around 50 mph it snapped shut on a rubber gasket and recesses in the helmet, loved that helmet, shame it had to wear out. My worst was an Arthur Fulmer FF.
    I can't slow down, the Langoliers will get me.