Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back at the Gym....

Back at the Gym....

Back at the Gym and training again. If anyone is interested let me know, Gracie Brandon and Gracie Fishhawk have a great after school kids program. Already met an old TSB member in the intro class last week.
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!
    When the FCUK did we get Ice Cream!!!!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best
    2:19.424

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898
    Yes i hold a track record, and NO it will never be broken

Gitmo

I need to get my fat ass to doing something before I fall over and croak.
    -------------------
    Thank your stars you're not that way...turn your back and walk away
    Don't even pause and ask them why...turn around and say goodbye

2008 Ninja 650r, aka Old Man Ninja

I did that last year, i signed up at Gracie Brandon, started going more and more, and from Jan to July of last year i lost about 22lbs.. Then in novemeber, i stopped and gained 15 back, LOL.

Its a great gym, everyone is really friendly and cool, even though its an MMA/ BJJ gym, there isnt that whole tuff guy attitude there. If you want to check it out, they let you come and try a class for a night, no obligation.
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898

Gitmo

congratz!
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampshade221 View Post
    I need to get my fat ass to doing something before I fall over and croak.
    I felt the same way too; but was aware of my normal trend of starting, getting enthused, pushing, pushing and then pushing some more then stopping. This time I'm forcing myself to hold back. At lunch I walk for 20 minutes (between 3 and 4 days a week) and when I get home I use my inmitation Total Gym for about 20 minutes (about 3 times week is the target).

No magical transformations, but I'm feeling better, sleeping better and my pants are getting a big bigger by themselves and not by me buying a bigger pair.
    f*ck facebook

thats the way, small life changes over time
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898

Gitmo

Man I been once in the last 6 months due to work. Everyone I started with has gotten so much better now we need new intro class cause I suck lol
    Aprilia Rsvr 1000 07
    Everyones a Ph.D when it comes to riding,they can tell u what tires to get, what oil to use and what gear 2 buy yet these "Docs usually base their expertise on some1 else's opinion not their own experience...

Glad you are back at it JC! You were one of my favorite training partners. Sucks I missed you this week. Who started at GB? Was he in class Mon and Weds? For anyone wanting to try it out in the Brandon, Riverview, Fishhawk area, I highly recommend it. Great people at the gym, it is a family atmosphere. No egos, no tough guy douche attitudes at all. If they do show up, they are weeded out pretty damn fast. If you are in the Wesley Chapel area, come by my school for free 2 week trial classes.

C'mon JD, we miss you bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    Man I been once in the last 6 months due to work. Everyone I started with has gotten so much better now we need new intro class cause I suck lol
    Rocks i feel ya, i kind of wanted to run through the intro classes again, just for refreshers and work on my technique, and learn some things i might have missed last year.... Just jump back in, whats the worst that can happen, LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by wricksta View Post
    Glad you are back at it JC! You were one of my favorite training partners. Sucks I missed you this week. Who started at GB? Was he in class Mon and Weds? For anyone wanting to try it out in the Brandon, Riverview, Fishhawk area, I highly recommend it. Great people at the gym, it is a family atmosphere. No egos, no tough guy douche attitudes at all. If they do show up, they are weeded out pretty damn fast. If you are in the Wesley Chapel area, come by my school for free 2 week trial classes.

C'mon JD, we miss you bruh.
    Thanks Wrick, that means a lot to me, i miss training and learning from you also. I cant remember his name right now, he saw my TSB shirt and recognized me, and we got to talking, i think his name is John, forgot his name on here.

And anyone thinking of coming out, Wrick is correct, there is no douchy tough guy attitudes there, everyone is super friendly, and it is truly is a family enviornment. Come out, try it out, get in shape, have fun, meet new and interesting people.................and get tapped out by them... ha ha ha
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898

Gitmo

My personal trainer once told me that in order to get healthy and lose weight, your body is meant to transform itself from the inside out, which is why so many people give up after going to the gym for only a few months. Your internal organs start to lose body fat first, then it translates to the outside once the inside is overhauled. If you keep looking in the mirror but not notice anything, its because it hasn't worked its way outside. Which is one of the reasons that dieting while exercise is soooo important.

I need to get back in the gym, but don't want to pay the ridiculous money to be a part of one.
    Slower than a Vespa

Save the

Just wanted to share my son's only match at the MMAC tournament at the USF Sundome this weekend. Since he is a product of Gracie Brandon and now my gym in WC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIoKkT_SG3c

Back at the Gym....

Wricksta creates beasts. Awesome match Benny. Tell him I said congrats.

Sent from my iPhone by YOUR MOM!!!
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898

Gitmo

Thanks brutha! The fam says they miss your crazy ass. When are you coming up to train with us?

Quote Originally Posted by wricksta View Post
    Thanks brutha! The fam says they miss your crazy ass. When are you coming up to train with us?
    that is an excellent question, LOL sooooooon??????? LOL

Tell the kids i said HI
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898

Gitmo

Wricksta, you have your own gym now? or a new place you train?

As far as me going to the gym?, I can't afford it, so I work for my brother learning to run my own landscape crew, get paid and loosing weight at the same time! WOOT WOOT!
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

Back at the Gym....

I don't own the gym. I was hired over a yr ago to be the head brazilian jiu jitsu coach at Hammerfist krav maga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wricksta where is this gym? Price? I'd like to start training and getting into this. It'll be great to learn something new
    Slower than a Vespa

Save the

Hammerfist is in Wesley Chapel and Gracie Brandon is in Brandon. The prices vary depending on which classes you sign up for. Where are you located? Both schools have a free trial classes, you can come in take a couple classes and see if you like it. In Brandon you have JC there to help you out and in Wesley Chapel I am the main instructor and Rocks is one of the krav maga instructors. If you are in another area I can recommend affiliate gyms to you as well. Good luck brutha.

I'm in Clearwater/Largo area.
    Slower than a Vespa

Save the