Thread: Beartek bluetooth... Gloves?

Beartek bluetooth... Gloves?

Stumbled across these today, thought some may fine them interesting.

beartek-gloves.jpg

http://www.beartekgloves.com/moto-sp...l#.VO4NGmx0zGg

HIDDEN INSIDE THIS GLOVE is a revolution?: BearTek? Gloves create a new standard in glove function - transforming your hand into a revolutionary new 'remote control.' The gloves work with two interchangeable modules: the patent pending Bluetooth?/Wireless Sync Module technology and the Camera Module, designed for use with GoPro? products. This technology is the core of our one-of-a-kind finger touch control system, giving you access to everything you need to fully control and create your ultimate ride. BearTek? Gloves give you access when you want it; right on your fingertips are the touch points of the glove. Simple touches of the thumb to the appropriate fingers give you wireless control of your phone, music, media, and camera - letting you answer calls, play/pause and skip music tracks, and capture your ride in video or photos.

? Wireless control of music, phone and action camera (GoPro? camera)
    ? Removable/interchangeable sync modules
    ? Up to 80 hour battery life (rechargeable)
    ? Carbon-fiber knuckle and finger protection
    ? Premium 100% cowhide leather outer and protective elements
    ? Ergonomic profile and accordion leather finger panels for flexibility and firm grip
    Follow the liter

There was an earlier version of this at the AIMExpo 2013. Interesting concept, but probably of limited usefulness. First it can't be cheap, heck good gloves that have no bluetooth aren't cheap. 2nd, I don't know about other motorcyclist, but I have about 3 pairs of gloves that I use in rotation (depending on the weather) so that would limit how much I would use something like this.
    f*ck facebook

nice
    Steve

2010 Concours14 (everyone asks mileage, its now >109,000)
    KTM EXC
    ZX9R
    ZZR600 all lowered and its for Teressa

Interesting product but it doesn't sound very useful to me. First off, I don't use any gadgets while riding. Secondly, if I did, it sounds like I'd have to remove at least one hand from grip and monkey with controls while moving. That doesn't sound all that safe.
    '11 ZX10R (Beastly)
    '07 GSXR 750 (Sold)
    '04 600RR (Sold)

Far safer then fumbling with a phone or scala I would think... And yeah, I think these retail at $245. Not cheap but interesting product none the less.

The most interesting bit is the go-pro functionality to me.
    Follow the liter

Good point on the glove rotation Echo. Price isn't bad for what it capable of doing.
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

Yeah, no doubt it's better than messing with the phone or other devices. Using that picture as reference, all the controls are on the left glove. Meaning, you're taking your hand off the throttle, and brake side to push buttons. Just sounds sketchy, in theory.

$245..not too bad of a price. That's well under the price point of the top Held's. And not too far off of most full gauntlet prices.
    '11 ZX10R (Beastly)
    '07 GSXR 750 (Sold)
    '04 600RR (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Yeah, no doubt it's better than messing with the phone or other devices. Using that picture as reference, all the controls are on the left glove. Meaning, you're taking your hand off the throttle, and brake side to push buttons. Just sounds sketchy, in theory.

$245..not too bad of a price. That's well under the price point of the top Held's. And not too far off of most full gauntlet prices.
    Dude... where is your throttle/front brake?
    Follow the liter

well... the snow ones are sold out, but the classic version of these gloves is available for 19.99 + $5 shipping.

http://electronics.woot.com/offers/b...ef=cnt_wp_2_13
    Follow the liter

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
    well... the snow ones are sold out, but the classic version of these gloves is available for 19.99 + $5 shipping.

http://electronics.woot.com/offers/b...ef=cnt_wp_2_13
    Holy flaming crap baskets! As soon as I get home I'm ordering a pair! (why the heck not?)
    f*ck facebook

Theyre still available sir.
    Follow the liter