Thread: Man down

Man down

I went down on the bike Saturday Feb 7 around 1:30pm at the intersection of Westshore & Kennedy. A lady in a Chrysler 300 was making a right turn onto Westshore at the same time I was making a left trun onto Westshore, but instead of staying in her lane, she immediately merged over 3 lanes right into me. I went down hard on the left side and as taken by ambulance to St. Jospehs Hospital. My bike is still in the impound, but it appears to have survived with only minor damage, mostly just scrapes (thank God for frame sliders). I fared decently well too, my gear took the brunt of the damage, but I knocked my left knee & hip pretty hard, and got a lil whiplash from the impact with the helmet to the ground. I am alive and kicking still, going to the doctors for treatment/therapy and hopefully the bike will get fixed shortly.

Sucks to hear. Feel better and heal soon
    _________________ ____
    |--Papa Jon Racing--| | ; |____.
    |_..._...__________| _|..........|
    "(@)'(@)"""""|(@)(@)*****(@)

CCS #19

damm, sucks to hear, but glad you fared well all things considered...
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!
    When the FCUK did we get Ice Cream!!!!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best
    2:19.424

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898
    Yes i hold a track record, and NO it will never be broken

Gitmo

glad to hear you are well.
    - Noah
    2012 848 Evo Corse SE w/ Full Termignoni

Good to hear you and the bike made it out without any major damage or injuries!
    '11 ZX10R (Beastly)
    '07 GSXR 750 (Sold)
    '04 600RR (Sold)

Damn man, sorry to hear that. But good to hear you are just a little banged up. Get well and get back out there with us!
    -------------------
    Thank your stars you're not that way...turn your back and walk away
    Don't even pause and ask them why...turn around and say goodbye

2008 Ninja 650r, aka Old Man Ninja

Glad your are good. Is the bike at the police impound or a tow yard? If at the tow yard, get it out ASAP, or the charges on it will climb fast. What happened with the lady? Insurances? Ticket? Give us all the info! We can handle it!!!!!!
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

+1 on getting bike asap, I got taken by the impound place that had mine.
    good luck
    glad to hear you made it out with minor bumps

Glad your ok and if you need someone to pick up your bike let us know. I would take time off work to do so.

Piece of advice: Lawyer the fuck up. Lawyer WAY THE FUCK UP. The ladies insurance company WILL attempt to screw you and a lawyer will be a gatekeeper to your asshole. I don't care who, if you need someone my wife works for a firm, but (again doesn't matter who) lawyer the fuck up!!!

...hopefully your sensing a theme.
    f*ck facebook

I've got a lawyer. Bike is still in tow yard. I don't know if I can ride it or not. It was the lady's fault, she was ticketed, police had 2 witnesses saying she merged into me. She has insurance, its Geico, same as mine, although when I told the claims department that I had a lawyer, they wouldn't talk to me anymore. I dont know what to do next. Im just going to see the doctors until I physically feel better than I was before the accident. I don't need money, i just want to get better and my bike/helmet to get fixed/replaced.

Get the bike out, even if you have to borrow a truck. I bet it goes up in price by the day, and wouldn't doubt if it's like $50.
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

Update, finally reached Geico again. They wouldn't talk to me on Monday after I told them I had a lawyer (when they asked about accident details) but I got a message on my phone wanting the lawyers info, so I called them back, gave them the info and told them what I was trying to say back on Monday that I signed the release for Geico to pick up the bike and take it to St. Pete Powersports for the repair work (its a Triumph, and I wanted the Triumph dealer to fix it) so finally its going to get fixed.

Great! Yep, once you get a lawyer he (or she) is always between the insurance company and your anus and like Rico said get your bike out of the lot! I think his estimate of $50 may be on the cheap side.
    f*ck facebook

Update #2 the bike is out of the tow yard and on its way to St Pete Powersports, it should be there shortly

Please tell me the ultra sweet exhaust note on that thing didn't take any damage!
    -------------------
    Thank your stars you're not that way...turn your back and walk away
    Don't even pause and ask them why...turn around and say goodbye

2008 Ninja 650r, aka Old Man Ninja

The damage is minimal, the frame sliders kept everything safe, a busted turn signal and a broken side/tail fairing and scraped up the belly pan and stator cover, scraped the rear axle nut cover and bar end mirror and the battery is dead. The exhaust is fine. Now on to the bad news, I have a "hip labral tear", one torn disc and two bulging discs. My recovery is not going to be as fast as I expected, this sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Keoni View Post
    I have a "hip labral tear", one torn disc and two bulging discs. My recovery is not going to be as fast as I expected, this sucks
    You already had a MRI?
    _________________ ____
    |--Papa Jon Racing--| | ; |____.
    |_..._...__________| _|..........|
    "(@)'(@)"""""|(@)(@)*****(@)

CCS #19

Man down

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Jon View Post
    You already had a MRI?
    I took off work on Monday to see the doctor and got the MRI done that night at 9pm

I would be more concerned with the bulging and torn discs than the hip labral tear...it should heal on its own...the discs however, can cause you all kinds of issues
    1991 Ninja zx600(sold) 1989 Ninja zx-10(sold) 2002 Ninja zx-7r(totalled) 2004 GSXR 750 (totalled) 1984 Honda VF700 F Interceptor(traded)
    1992 XJ600 Seca II(sold) 2005 CBR1000RR(traded) 2004 FJR 1300 ABS

Man down

Quote Originally Posted by macdaddyslomo View Post
    I would be more concerned with the bulging and torn discs than the hip labral tear...it should heal on its own...the discs however, can cause you all kinds of issues
    The doctor says that the issues with the discs are minimal compared to the labral tear, he said they usually treat with them with injections but that they will heal with the right therapy but the tear will not.