Thread: A Twist of the Wrist II by Keith Code

A Twist of the Wrist II by Keith Code

So I have read the Bayliss book "A faster way" and found it helpful but in the end I found that it was more like a how to book but with a ton of sea stories on how he did stuff at different tracks. I felt I need more info along the way and started doing google searches on different terms and techniques etc and happened upon Keith Codes book "A Twist of the Wrist II."

To be honest I judged the book by the cover and dismissed it at first due to the cover art, it just looked like a movie poster for a 1950's sci-fi horror film. So I am on youtube and find some video snippets of CSS in the UK and that lead me to Keith's movies based on the book. I have links to the video down in the pics and videos http://tampasportbikes.com/forum/sho...bike-School-UK.

Keith's movie is in english but subtitled so I found that distracting but it did open me up to his book which I have since bought and been reading. At better than half the cost of Bayliss's brag book Keith's easily out weighs it in content by a factor of 400.

The book breaks stuff down Barney style and for key terms mentioned in each chapter he takes great care to explain them at the end. The book takes you mentally and technically through what they call Survival Responses which leads us to making mistakes.

You really owe it to yourself to get this book, or watch the movie at the link above, and find out for yourself what is happening in your head and how that translates to your street and/or track riding.
    - Noah
    2012 848 Evo Corse SE w/ Full Termignoni

There used to be a full non-subtitled version on YouTube a couple years ago but I cannot locate it now, but I have also seen this version (your link). I need to get /read the book.

Ride Red!

the movie seems a little dorky but I get the wisdom behind how they shot it now that I have read the book.
    - Noah

Dorky yes, but it's about the craft I/we Love. I couldn't even tell you how many times I have watched it

Ride Red!
    Last edited by rvmiller; 09-19-2014 at 04:17 PM.

+1 on that brother. I watched 3 times within the first two days of finding the link.
    - Noah

I have the movie downloaded in my computer, usually watch it when on vacation.
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

hopefully they update it. I think it was filmed in 07 or 08 and if memory serves me right i think they added an 8th SR.
    - Noah

Its really difficult for any cycle book to challenge this as it's essentially the bible of motorcycling.
    '11 ZX10R (Beastly)
    '07 GSXR 750 (Sold)
    '04 600RR (Sold)

I have the DVD and the book... took the riding school about a year ago. All were good investments.
    Fat AND slow!

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Its really difficult for any cycle book to challenge this as it's essentially the bible of motorcycling.
    no doubt, the art work in the bayliss book is fetching but where this book lacks in the art department it laps the bayliss book in meaningful material.
    - Noah

Quote Originally Posted by vfrvtec View Post
    I have the DVD and the book... took the riding school about a year ago. All were good investments.
    I'd like to do their Barber school.
    - Noah

So would I but they only offer it in the summer; pretty miserable. CA in the fall was perfect temps.
    Fat AND slow!