Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dealer Parts Inventory - A lot or a little?

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerfrank View Post
    It sucks man. Usually the shops that are true enthusiasts usually either go under or have to change to keep up. What happened with Manx if you don't mind me asking? It was a cool little shop.
    They closed about a week ago.
    f*ck facebook

Quote Originally Posted by echoraven View Post
    They closed about a week ago.
    oh wow, that sucks to hear.

I always liked how they weren't pushing buy here pay here financing like some shops in the area.

Very sad

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerfrank View Post
    oh wow, that sucks to hear.

I always liked how they weren't pushing buy here pay here financing like some shops in the area.

Very sad
    Those BHPH places are smoking some good stuff when they go to price their bikes. $7,500 for a 600 with 17k miles. What a steal! I cant help but laugh when I see the ads on CL.
    '11 ZX10R (Beastly)
    '07 GSXR 750 (Sold)
    '04 600RR (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Those BHPH places are smoking some good stuff when they go to price their bikes. $7,500 for a 600 with 17k miles. What a steal! I cant help but laugh when I see the ads on CL.
    neither can I

but people buy it and rave about the awesome deal they got.

Maybe we are the ones who don't get it?

Lots of good info stated already.
    One of the biggest changes is the today's customer. Not just in the motorcycle world but in every aspect. The internet is of course a big factor but also many customers have just gotten to being assholes. Perhaps its a bigger picture of how social interaction as changed due social media, texting, etc.

Less motorcycle enthusiast own bikes (perhaps the amount is the same but smaller as whole). What I mean is many are buying to save money on gas and worse of all to not pay insurance. What does this lead to? They come in with a car owner mindset and know very little about bikes in general. If they come in for service or parts they feel it should be the like going to Firestone or Tire kingdom. From the service aspect they dont understand there isnt 10-15 techs in the back. That bring it in the morning broken and its fixed by noon. Many feel that diagnosis is us plugging into a computer like a car and the answer is given. They feel all we have to do is lift the hood. not bring the bike in secure it on the lift pull off a pain in the ass side panel or panels just to maybe find the problem after 20 mins of work.

Then the cost of doing work is foreign to them let alone the cost of parts. Complaining of doing a tire change on the bike when it cost less then 40 per wheel. I could go on but those who ride (the majority) are not into bikes or they are some new generation of gen x or gen z kids who only know the internet and feel its as easy as the youtube video to do the repair.

I tell people I know you can get it cheaper on the internet, I also know that that online retailer is selling out of their home garage or even a spare bedroom and has little to no overhead. I also know you are asking me a ton of questions but you really cant ask them but you want me to do all this for the same price.
    Aprilia Rsvr 1000 07
    Everyones a Ph.D when it comes to riding,they can tell u what tires to get, what oil to use and what gear 2 buy yet these "Docs usually base their expertise on some1 else's opinion not their own experience...