Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 20th annual "Ride with the Wolf" Rally: SUCHES, GA (9/4 - 9/7)

Thumbs up 20th annual "Ride with the Wolf" Rally: SUCHES, GA (9/4 - 9/7)

This will be an incredible camping/riding rally. Some on TSB recently experienced the good times with the "Concours Owners Group" during a small event in the Keys.

This event is hosted by an experienced team of three long time involved COG members and former RWTW rally hosts. Joan Moody, COG #63, started this event off, Vic Salisbury, COG #3673, hosted it for many years, and Jerry Holland, COG #4478 also hosted for several years. These three involved and experienced members give the RWTW the best opportunity for having an event that will be remembered by all who attend.

Two Wheels of Suches (TWS), formally known as TWO (Two Wheels Only), has been totally remodeled, featuring all new bath houses and rest rooms, and the main lodge has gone through a complete rebuild, with a new kitchen and loft sleeping quarters. We will have exclusive use of the camping area for this rally, and all loft spaces are for COG members only. Since we expect to fill up the campground for this event, TWS have offered our members a discount per night from their already low camping rates. Please mention the COG camping discount rate of $13.50/night when you call. The loft sleeping is limited, and is available on a first come first served arrangement only. Make your reservations early for the loft if you don't tent camp. Mention COG when booking a cabin or loft sleeping when you call.

Included in the rally fee is a Saturday night banquet, which will be a BBQ dinner catered by the TWS staff. Also included in the fee is a one of a kind long sleeve shirt, which will carry bragging right for many years by showing you attended the 20th anniversary RWTW.

We plan on putting a lot of effort and money into this rally, and will have a huge prize package to offer all riders in attendance. Your chance of going home with some nice goodies/swag is very good, and this will all be done at the banquet Saturday after dinner.

As the southeast members are known to enjoy a bonfire, we'll have one or two group fire areas. As our members are also know to go late into the night around the fire, we've made arrangements to have a good supply of wood available. SECOG members are the most experienced campers in all of COG, so expect all of the usual things that we like.

There it is. A four day rally in a great riding location, at an essentially new facility, with all your fellow COG members and friends in attendance. Come join us, ride the great roads, and meet some new people. You'll certainly leave with a new friend or two.

Event: Run With The Wolf 20th Anniversary Rally
    cog Members: $25.00
    Guests: $30.00

Address: 1915 State Hwy 60

Meeting Place: Two Wheels of Suches (TWS) aka TWO m/c Campground

Location Phone: 706 973 1671
    Reg. Deadline: 08/27/2014
    Start Date-Time: 09/04/2014 - 9:00 AM
    * End Date-Time: 09/07/2014 - 5:00 PM

Payment Details: Event fees include the Saturday night BBQ banquet and long sleeve rally shirt. Tent camping fees or loft sleeping must be arranged by YOU with TWS. Do this as soon as you can to have the best option for yourself. We plan on having this fill up to the maximum number of attendees allowed, so please note the registration deadline.
    Steve

2010 Concours14 (everyone asks mileage, its now >109,000)
    KTM EXC
    ZX9R
    ZZR600 all lowered and its for Teressa

Great location. I used to hit TWO all the time. You can't lose riding in any direction. Wolf Pen Gap (180) to the east. Blood Mountain (129). Richard Russell. 60 up 68 to Tellico and across the Cherohala.

60-68 is one of my favorite roads.
    Fat AND slow!

Quote Originally Posted by vfrvtec View Post
    Great location. I used to hit TWO all the time. You can't lose riding in any direction. Wolf Pen Gap (180) to the east. Blood Mountain (129). Richard Russell. 60 up 68 to Tellico and across the Cherohala.

60-68 is one of my favorite roads.
    join us! =)
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

latest from COG -

Some more details for the 20th Anniversary Run With the Wolf four day rally in September:

Some of the best riding in the East, both scenic and technical roads, to suit all levels of experience/desire.
    We already have four of the six COG areas represented with riders registered.
    We'll have a major prize package available to all COG members in attendance.
    There will be a Friday night social mixer on the deck of TWoS by main lodge, with a DJ.
    Your low registration fee covers a one of a kind long sleeve shirt and the Saturday night banquet.
    An expanded bunk house option for all that don't/can't camp in tents.
    A nightly bonfire to ensure everyone experiences the camaraderie.
    On-site meals available, and a convenience store across the street for "supplies".
    Great camping in an iconic motorcycle only campground.
    Nearby motorcycle service available for mechanical and tire service. http://www.ridershill.com/
    Hope you can join us for this historic four day rally. The SE area welcomes our fellow riders
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by stevewfl View Post
    join us! =)
    I wish I could, but September is family vacation in California time -- not enough time off from work to do both.
    Fat AND slow!

I'm also trying to weave this into my schedule. If I can swing the whole Labor Day week off, I may take the train up to Lorton, VA Labor Day night or so and weave back down to Suches for a few more days of riding in the old stomping grounds.
    -------------------
    Thank your stars you're not that way...turn your back and walk away
    Don't even pause and ask them why...turn around and say goodbye

2008 Ninja 650r, aka Old Man Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Lampshade221 View Post
    I'm also trying to weave this into my schedule. If I can swing the whole Labor Day week off, I may take the train up to Lorton, VA Labor Day night or so and weave back down to Suches for a few more days of riding in the old stomping grounds.
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

In....

Probably heading up early with Abby and bike in tow. Spend a couple days with her and then she will drive back and I'll ride around for a couple days before heading to Suches and then home.
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

The DS riding is epic in that area too. I lived near there for years & schooled natives where to ride. Forest service roads & trails. Whissenhunt ohv state trails are awesome too, which is a few miles from Suches.

Steve, how about setting up some dates?
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

I concur. I don't have to take the train. I could be back here either Sunday or Monday.
    -------------------

Quote Originally Posted by RICO View Post
    Steve, how about setting up some dates?
    Rico I may be taking vacation days and railing WV and Northwest VA mountains before the event, but will definitely see you all in Suches (9/4 - 9/7)

Quote Originally Posted by Lampshade221 View Post
    I concur. I don't have to take the train. I could be back here either Sunday or Monday.
    Quicker just to ride rather than fooling around with going over to the train, loading, unloading, etc but I understand if you want to party the whole trip with friends then its the way to roll =)
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

Shameless bump. So macdaddy and a few others keep seeing it. LOL.

Got this cleared with Steph. Now just have to tell work I won't be around. I think I'll have 10 days off, maybe 12. Could turn into a huge loop ending up in Suches on Thursday.
    -------------------

Hmm...

Hmm what its a no brainer!
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

And..... anyone wanting to meet in WV a few days before and drop down let me know. Here is just our the entrance into WV. Its a locals road but its "starting" to go around the internet, not Hardly-Ableson'd and squidded up up like the dragon yet by any means and on a weekday we'll own it

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Taze...48383?hl=en-US
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

I love that area, its been a few years I am due, but can't make this one. Have fun!

Very nice looking road, Steve!

Steve, I might be a go for this
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by seatec View Post
    Steve, I might be a go for this
    Scared of commitment? lol