Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: What was your Deed of the Day?!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooksville
    Posts
    2,905

    What was your Deed of the Day?!

    I feel it's important to offer help to others, knowing some can't be helped, and others need to help themselves before accepting help from others.
    What was your good deed?!
    Could be a conversation, lending a hand, or something as simple as a smile to brighten someones day.

    Today I encountered a new rider and offered him a few tips, never know it may save a life- his or someone else's.


    So what had happened was...
    After driving down BBD's seeing a motorcyclist weaving impatiently in and out of traffic, including a few close calls in front of me in the hummer.... I pulled in to the gas station moments after the rider.
    I parked right next to the bike and waited. Upon his return, I got out of my truck, said hello and asked how long he had been riding. Guy mentioned, “Less than 2 months.” I replied and mentioned, “I was gonna offer him a few tips. One, be careful when locking his steering- he had turned it too far so the parking lights were on. I mentioned, it would kill the battery.” Surprised I knew what I was talking about he checked the validity of my claim and I had his attention. I then told him a lifesaving tip, “to stop driving like a JACK ASS- I'd been behind him since I got off the interstate, while I drove at a normal pace in my big truck, I was able to see his every move as he weaved in and out of traffic, some of which were close calls.” I mentioned, "He was either going to kill someone or himself... he should drive defensively, not offensively... those few seconds shouldn't be life or death... We arrived at the same place with only a few seconds difference." I continued to mention, “Whether he cared what I said or not, just think about it.” I told him, “I ride too and I know a lot of people and have seen many scenarios. I support and help teach safety and awareness; so I know what I'm talking about.” Knowing he was on a 2012 GSXR 750, I mentioned, “I rode the 07 version of his bike, it’s a great bike, he probably paid around 13-15k for it.” Again he was surprised I knew what I was talking about. I also gave him another bit of future reference advice since he kept his helmet, glasses, and gloves on in the store.... I told him, “it’s ok some places but for many, it's a safety issue and unaccepted to walk into an establishment with his helmet and gloves on- especially in the ghetto.” I mentioned, “He had a beautiful new bike and he was a new rider, to ride safe and just think about those few seconds... they didn't save him much time, but they could save his life.” He did ask if I followed him. I told him I did not, I just witnessed the behavior and saw him pull in to the store; I lived nearby and was headed to a meeting, but wanted to take a minute to offer him a few tips. He did thank me and mentioned he appreciated what I had to say. We shook hands and I went on my way.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsonik1 View Post
    But, what do I know, I was only a janitor.

    Remember kids... Guns dont kill people. Birthday party rental clowns with guns kill people.
    Quote Originally Posted by ApogeeNow View Post
    All we need to do is to surgically remove their eyes and their eardrums.
    It will not only stop them from stealing, but will put them into eternal soundless darkness,
    denying them much more than just losing their hands, and hopefully they would eventually lose their minds.

    First and only... 07GSXR750.

    3 x Alumni!!! *HHS 2006-PHCC 2008-USF 2013*

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Brandon, FL
    Posts
    1,258
    Good on you. Hopefully you made a lasting impression and the guy learned something.

    My meager deed was loaning my aqua-cast (used after my rotator cuff surgery) to a dude in base ops that has to have his done tomorrow. We had crossed paths earlier in the week and he was explaining to someone how the doc "wanted him to get this thing and insurance didn't cover it and it cost $250". I told him mine was boxed up in the closet and still worked (loaned it several months back to another guy..lol). Gave him my card and he stopped by today and said it surprised him I remembered and brought it. I just said "drop it back by in a month or two, cause my other shoulder is going down hill quick". lol.
    -------------------
    Thank your stars you're not that way...turn your back and walk away
    Don't even pause and ask them why...turn around and say goodbye


    2008 Ninja 650r, aka Old Man Ninja

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Spring Hill (Pasco County)
    Posts
    16,851
    That was good Tiph, good job and nice write up!

    My good deed for today is that I didn't check your post for any grammatical mistakes; don't you feel blessed!
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppaNoDoz View Post
    ApogeeNow - you are more than a little scary man.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jarhead View Post
    Tommy, you really scare me sometimes.
    2007 Plasma Blue ZX-1464
    1464cc Bored & Stroked Motor, Re-Flashed ECU, OER Full Hi-Exhaust,
    SpeedoHealer, FP Velocity Stacks, Under-Cut Gears & No Flies!


    2005 Subaru Forester XT (AWD madness!)
    1997 34' Fleetwood Bounder (Chevy Big Block Power at its slowest!)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In a box
    Posts
    31,724
    Did you give him a TSB card Tiph?
    I worked on my friends car on my day off and saved him half the cost he was quoted at the dealership.
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

    “I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooksville
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: What was your Deed of the Day?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lampshade221 View Post
    Good on you. Hopefully you made a lasting impression and the guy learned something.

    My meager deed was loaning my aqua-cast (used after my rotator cuff surgery) to a dude in base ops that has to have his done tomorrow. We had crossed paths earlier in the week and he was explaining to someone how the doc "wanted him to get this thing and insurance didn't cover it and it cost $250". I told him mine was boxed up in the closet and still worked (loaned it several months back to another guy..lol). Gave him my card and he stopped by today and said it surprised him I remembered and brought it. I just said "drop it back by in a month or two, cause my other shoulder is going down hill quick". lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ApogeeNow View Post
    That was good Tiph, good job and nice write up!

    My good deed for today is that I didn't check your post for any grammatical mistakes; don't you feel blessed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICO View Post
    Did you give him a TSB card Tiph?
    I worked on my friends car on my day off and saved him half the cost he was quoted at the dealership.
    Lampshade: that's an awesome gesture, and that will directly help!

    Tommy, I appreciate it, although I did review it in attempt not to torture you while reading it.

    Rico, no unfortunately that wasn't on my priorities and I was running later for my meeting. I thought about it after and since it was a new bike and he's only been riding 2mo. I ment to ask if he was at least endorsed... but it slipped my mind. :\ sry guys.

    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dsonik1 View Post
    But, what do I know, I was only a janitor.

    Remember kids... Guns dont kill people. Birthday party rental clowns with guns kill people.
    Quote Originally Posted by ApogeeNow View Post
    All we need to do is to surgically remove their eyes and their eardrums.
    It will not only stop them from stealing, but will put them into eternal soundless darkness,
    denying them much more than just losing their hands, and hopefully they would eventually lose their minds.

    First and only... 07GSXR750.

    3 x Alumni!!! *HHS 2006-PHCC 2008-USF 2013*

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooksville
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: What was your Deed of the Day?!

    Quote Originally Posted by RICO View Post
    Did you give him a TSB card Tiph?
    I worked on my friends car on my day off and saved him half the cost he was quoted at the dealership.
    Ps also good deed. Saving ppl money on more than car ins is always a good thing

    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dsonik1 View Post
    But, what do I know, I was only a janitor.

    Remember kids... Guns dont kill people. Birthday party rental clowns with guns kill people.
    Quote Originally Posted by ApogeeNow View Post
    All we need to do is to surgically remove their eyes and their eardrums.
    It will not only stop them from stealing, but will put them into eternal soundless darkness,
    denying them much more than just losing their hands, and hopefully they would eventually lose their minds.

    First and only... 07GSXR750.

    3 x Alumni!!! *HHS 2006-PHCC 2008-USF 2013*

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooksville
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: What was your Deed of the Day?!



    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dsonik1 View Post
    But, what do I know, I was only a janitor.

    Remember kids... Guns dont kill people. Birthday party rental clowns with guns kill people.
    Quote Originally Posted by ApogeeNow View Post
    All we need to do is to surgically remove their eyes and their eardrums.
    It will not only stop them from stealing, but will put them into eternal soundless darkness,
    denying them much more than just losing their hands, and hopefully they would eventually lose their minds.

    First and only... 07GSXR750.

    3 x Alumni!!! *HHS 2006-PHCC 2008-USF 2013*

  8. #8
    My good deed is not strangling people at work. I'm saving lives every day.
    If do right, no can defense

  9. #9
    My good deed for the day will be to stay home so as to not annoy the general populace.
    I can't slow down, the Langoliers will get me.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Spring Hill (Pasco County)
    Posts
    16,851
    Quote Originally Posted by slowtreme View Post
    My good deed is not strangling people at work. I'm saving lives every day.
    Lol!

    (Don't let anyone from your HR department see your post . . . . )
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppaNoDoz View Post
    ApogeeNow - you are more than a little scary man.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jarhead View Post
    Tommy, you really scare me sometimes.
    2007 Plasma Blue ZX-1464
    1464cc Bored & Stroked Motor, Re-Flashed ECU, OER Full Hi-Exhaust,
    SpeedoHealer, FP Velocity Stacks, Under-Cut Gears & No Flies!


    2005 Subaru Forester XT (AWD madness!)
    1997 34' Fleetwood Bounder (Chevy Big Block Power at its slowest!)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    TuningforkVille, Yamiland
    Posts
    26,679
    Today, My good deed was to let the girl I was talking too be single again.
    Follow the liter

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Brandon
    Posts
    8,174
    Wednesday night we spent it in a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale (The Rabbit Factor thread) and this little old lady asked me "are you taking me for a ride on that big bike of yours?" to which; without skipping a beat, I replied "I've got 2 helmets and a tank full of gas"...
    f*ck facebook

  13. #13

    Re: What was your Deed of the Day?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiphanid View Post
    Ps also good deed. Saving ppl money on more than car ins is always a good thing

    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    Hey, hey, HEY! That's my job!

    I hate tapatalk - but this was posted from it.

  14. #14

    Re: What was your Deed of the Day?!

    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
    Today, My good deed was to let the girl I was talking too be single again.
    :-(

    I hate tapatalk - but this was posted from it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Spring Hill (Pasco County)
    Posts
    16,851
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
    Today, My good deed was to let the girl I was talking too be single again.
    One too many "o's" in the usage of the word "too" and the "m" in "My", need not be in caps.

    Crap, I just ruined an opportunity to do a good deed by not correcting anyone's grammar! Damn!
    Sorry Voo.
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppaNoDoz View Post
    ApogeeNow - you are more than a little scary man.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jarhead View Post
    Tommy, you really scare me sometimes.
    2007 Plasma Blue ZX-1464
    1464cc Bored & Stroked Motor, Re-Flashed ECU, OER Full Hi-Exhaust,
    SpeedoHealer, FP Velocity Stacks, Under-Cut Gears & No Flies!


    2005 Subaru Forester XT (AWD madness!)
    1997 34' Fleetwood Bounder (Chevy Big Block Power at its slowest!)

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    TuningforkVille, Yamiland
    Posts
    26,679
    No worries, I deserve far worse for the life I have led.
    Follow the liter

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Spring Hill (Pasco County)
    Posts
    16,851
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
    No worries, I deserve far worse for the life I have led.

    I sent you a pm . . .


    And btw, no you don't, imo, you're good guy, a "good troop" as we said in the military.
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppaNoDoz View Post
    ApogeeNow - you are more than a little scary man.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jarhead View Post
    Tommy, you really scare me sometimes.
    2007 Plasma Blue ZX-1464
    1464cc Bored & Stroked Motor, Re-Flashed ECU, OER Full Hi-Exhaust,
    SpeedoHealer, FP Velocity Stacks, Under-Cut Gears & No Flies!


    2005 Subaru Forester XT (AWD madness!)
    1997 34' Fleetwood Bounder (Chevy Big Block Power at its slowest!)

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooksville
    Posts
    2,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiphanid View Post
    I feel it's important to offer help to others, knowing some can't be helped, and others need to help themselves before accepting help from others.
    What was your good deed?!
    Could be a conversation, lending a hand, or something as simple as a smile to brighten someones day.

    Today I encountered a new rider and offered him a few tips, never know it may save a life- his or someone else's.


    So what had happened was...
    After driving down BBD's seeing a motorcyclist weaving impatiently in and out of traffic, including a few close calls in front of me in the hummer.... I pulled in to the gas station moments after the rider.
    I parked right next to the bike and waited. Upon his return, I got out of my truck, said hello and asked how long he had been riding. Guy mentioned, “Less than 2 months.” I replied and mentioned, “I was gonna offer him a few tips. One, be careful when locking his steering- he had turned it too far so the parking lights were on. I mentioned, it would kill the battery.” Surprised I knew what I was talking about he checked the validity of my claim and I had his attention. I then told him a lifesaving tip, “to stop driving like a JACK ASS- I'd been behind him since I got off the interstate, while I drove at a normal pace in my big truck, I was able to see his every move as he weaved in and out of traffic, some of which were close calls.” I mentioned, "He was either going to kill someone or himself... he should drive defensively, not offensively... those few seconds shouldn't be life or death... We arrived at the same place with only a few seconds difference." I continued to mention, “Whether he cared what I said or not, just think about it.” I told him, “I ride too and I know a lot of people and have seen many scenarios. I support and help teach safety and awareness; so I know what I'm talking about.” Knowing he was on a 2012 GSXR 750, I mentioned, “I rode the 07 version of his bike, it’s a great bike, he probably paid around 13-15k for it.” Again he was surprised I knew what I was talking about. I also gave him another bit of future reference advice since he kept his helmet, glasses, and gloves on in the store.... I told him, “it’s ok some places but for many, it's a safety issue and unaccepted to walk into an establishment with his helmet and gloves on- especially in the ghetto.” I mentioned, “He had a beautiful new bike and he was a new rider, to ride safe and just think about those few seconds... they didn't save him much time, but they could save his life.” He did ask if I followed him. I told him I did not, I just witnessed the behavior and saw him pull in to the store; I lived nearby and was headed to a meeting, but wanted to take a minute to offer him a few tips. He did thank me and mentioned he appreciated what I had to say. We shook hands and I went on my way.
    TriumphChris... our txt today remind me of this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsonik1 View Post
    But, what do I know, I was only a janitor.

    Remember kids... Guns dont kill people. Birthday party rental clowns with guns kill people.
    Quote Originally Posted by ApogeeNow View Post
    All we need to do is to surgically remove their eyes and their eardrums.
    It will not only stop them from stealing, but will put them into eternal soundless darkness,
    denying them much more than just losing their hands, and hopefully they would eventually lose their minds.

    First and only... 07GSXR750.

    3 x Alumni!!! *HHS 2006-PHCC 2008-USF 2013*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •