Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GPS Tracker APP review: "Bubbler"

Thumbs up GPS Tracker APP review: "Bubbler"

I've used more tracking Apps than I can mention. But I've found one that just rocks. Try a free version of Bubbler GPS. It works in conjunction with spotwalla.com (many of us used spotwalla over "spot locator's default map service). Spotwalla itself is the most powerful active mapping tool. Its free, has a long trip retention (maybe forever I dunno never lost a trip). Spotwalla power is the main reason this APP is so awesome. After using the APP for a day I opt'd for the paid version with more mad power, spotwalla mapping is a totally free service.

Folks can see in real time where you are (mom and Teressa stay worried about me). Also the spotwalla is very power mapping tool Bubbler uploads to, and maps will be retained for as long as you want.

Here is an example map (screenshot) of my last ride. Note there are a few gaps because I have the app set NOT to automatically come on, and I forgot to hit the button. Also in the mountains I didn't want my specific routes recorded so I only did the lame dragon and such.

Note if this was the URL link to the map one could zoom in on each point, see data on each point, pull history, etc

Steve

2010 Concours14 (everyone asks mileage, its now >109,000)
    KTM EXC
    ZX9R
    ZZR600 all lowered and its for Teressa

I forgot to mention cell phones, unlike spot locator devices, of course lose service. A nice feature about this app is it will save the points for upload when the phone bounces back into a service area. 5-star!
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

I want to get away from people when I go riding, I don't want them to know anything! lol

You might have to show me in person how this works, you have to download spotwalla, then put bubbler in it? Work with Iphone?
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

If you don;t want anyone else to see your route don't give them the trip link. In spotwalla you can also make each trip private or not, if its private it wont be on the web, only on your spotwalla login. Great for saving those top secret rural roads (or no roads) and being able to map the points onto topo or such.

The hardest part of it all is registering a login for spotwalla and creating the first map, takes about 1-3 minutes =)

Then DL Bubbler from the play store, or apples, veersion of google apps, and follow the simple directions. Once set up its a matter of hitting the go button.

Plus for privacy as I said, I'm missing points because i forgot to hit the green button to start the data collection. Mine is set up where I have to engage it each time I want it to collect points =)
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

Rico, here are simple installation and set up instructions, apologies i didn;t have this info in post #1 my friend - thanks

http://www.bubblergps.com/installing.html
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

Thanks for the info, I will try it out.
    I was joking about people knowing where I was.lol
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

That is interesting. The mondo version can also upload your pictures to be available via the dot it seems. Gonna have to play with that one a bit. You have got me curious.
    -------------------
    Thank your stars you're not that way...turn your back and walk away
    Don't even pause and ask them why...turn around and say goodbye

2008 Ninja 650r, aka Old Man Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Lampshade221 View Post
    That is interesting. The mondo version can also upload your pictures to be available via the dot it seems. Gonna have to play with that one a bit. You have got me curious.
    I liked it so much I got the pay for version, altho the free does everything I need
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

I hate you stevefl.....lol
    Bubbler or spotwalla won't work with Apple......DAM U!!!!! lol

GPS Tracker APP review: "Bubbler"

Quote Originally Posted by RICO View Post
    I hate you stevefl.....lol
    Bubbler or spotwalla won't work with Apple......DAM U!!!!! lol
    Fucknuts!!

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away....
    f*ck facebook

Quote Originally Posted by echoraven View Post
    Fucknuts!!

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away....
    I apologize, I didn;t know!- And since purchasing an iMac I'm a reformed Mac hater Apple rocks!
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

just downloaded bubbler and created an account with spotwalla
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

GPS Tracker APP review: "Bubbler"

Quote Originally Posted by stevewfl View Post
    I apologize, I didn;t know!- And since purchasing an iMac I'm a reformed Mac hater Apple rocks!
    That's cool Steve. Been trying to find one for about a year.
    f*ck facebook

My travel companion is a MS Surface Pro. Full PC in a tablet package.
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

Hmm turned bubbler on this morning on my work to work but nothing is sowing anywhere on spot walla. DO I HAVE TO HAVE a trip pre defined before it starts working? Back to reading the instructions
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

yes go into spotwalla and set up a trip, takes 2 secs =)
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

click on trips (all the way top right)

also look at bubbler and make sure everything is green, it probably is but that signifies the app is linked to the web page
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by stevewfl View Post
    click on trips (all the way top right)

also look at bubbler and make sure everything is green, it probably is but that signifies the app is linked to the web page
    Made trip for today so it should work when I go home today. Bubbler was all green when I turn it on.
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

Can we all meet up one weekend somewhere we can get free internet and we all bring our GPS, computers, cell phones and what ever else and we help each other figure this out?

Quote Originally Posted by RICO View Post
    Can we all meet up one weekend somewhere we can get free internet and we all bring our GPS, computers, cell phones and what ever else and we help each other figure this out?
    I'll be glad to help what I can, but you and Seatec will soon be the resident experts
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R