Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Long rides: a must have?

Long rides: a must have?

My sport touring friends have convinced me if i buy this i will never want to do hi mile days without it. I've done 1100 mile days on stock seats, can't wait to try this. Google "airhawk r" if interested, i will post a product review after I've done a thousand or so miles with next week

Tapatalk but there has to be a better way
    Steve

2010 Concours14 (everyone asks mileage, its now >109,000)
    KTM EXC
    ZX9R
    ZZR600 all lowered and its for Teressa

I won't need a review, just let me borrow the seat . . . . and the bike, so I can judge for myself!

Me Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppaNoDoz View Post
    ApogeeNow - you are more than a little scary man.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jarhead View Post
    Tommy, you really scare me sometimes.
    2007 Plasma Blue ZX-1464
    1464cc Bored & Stroked Motor, Re-Flashed ECU, OER Full Hi-Exhaust,
    SpeedoHealer, FP Velocity Stacks, Under-Cut Gears & No Flies!

2005 Subaru Forester XT (AWD madness!)
    1997 34' Fleetwood Bounder (Chevy Big Block Power at its slowest!)

+1 Those are great for long rides.
    '99 Sprint ST
    '07 Daytona 675

4 Wheels move the body.
    2 Wheels move the soul.*
    *Soul movement not applicable to scooters, mopeds and motorized bicycles. Certain models have been linked to spleen movement, but tests are inconclusive at the writing of this signature.

The Airhawk is great once you adjust the air to your liking. I did 10,000 miles in 18 days with one on my VFR.
    Fat AND slow!

I'd like to get one for the misses.

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away....
    f*ck facebook

Might have to check this out!
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

Used it when I rode up to PA (two 500 mile days each way). Once you get it adjusted those things are amazing.

i would definitely recommend for the rides you do.
    Last edited by elicate; 08-05-2013 at 08:43 AM.
    2011 BMW F800GS

Quote Originally Posted by vfrvtec View Post
    The Airhawk is great once you adjust the air to your liking. I did 10,000 miles in 18 days with one on my VFR.
    Wich model exactly did you order?
    All they say on the website is about cruisers and sport tourers.
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO View Post
    Wich model exactly did you order?
    All they say on the website is about cruisers and sport tourers.
    Rico, here is a chart. It is not complete, but it should give you a good idea. http://www.therohostore.com/airhawk-...fit-chart.aspx
    '99 Sprint ST
    '07 Daytona 675

4 Wheels move the body.
    2 Wheels move the soul.*
    *Soul movement not applicable to scooters, mopeds and motorized bicycles. Certain models have been linked to spleen movement, but tests are inconclusive at the writing of this signature.

Steve what size did you get?

I hate tapatalk - but this was posted from it.

Ah, it appears that air hawk r is the size and model name..

Quote Originally Posted by ckrayeg View Post
    Rico, here is a chart. It is not complete, but it should give you a good idea. http://www.therohostore.com/airhawk-...fit-chart.aspx
    None for the R1, Which one would you all suggest?

Re: Long rides: a must have?

I had one and it was awesome. Matter of fact I still have it sitting in my garage

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Bikeless, for now.

I splurged for the R model. 159, Amazon.com has it cheaper than the airhawk page.

It is flat awesome! Why didn't you guys tell us about then before ?

Here it is first time on my bike after a ride from Columbia sc to north wilkesboro nc. Wish our have had it on some of my 1100 mile days

Tapatalk but there has to be a better way
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

I wanna try that. This may be the ticket to that key west trip.

Rico,
    Try cutting out a piece of paper in the dimensions of the different size pads and see which size seems to work best for your bike. The pads are about 2" thick. I have the 14" x 11" if you want to try it out.
    '99 Sprint ST
    '07 Daytona 675

4 Wheels move the body.
    2 Wheels move the soul.*

I'm pretty darn sure the Airhawk site has a fitting guide.

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away....
    f*ck facebook

I did 19 hours in the saddle yesterday as a result of this thing. Combo of red dirt roads, slow twisty roads, and superslab. I'd have done 24 hours but messed around and took Ronda to dinner in Dothan Al.

This AIRHAWK R is a "must have" for me going forward. Last time I did that kind of day I was sore as heel and hating it. I'm fine today
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by sergeantnic View Post
    I had one and it was awesome. Matter of fact I still have it sitting in my garage

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Might sell it?

Quote Originally Posted by ckrayeg View Post
    Rico,
    Try cutting out a piece of paper in the dimensions of the different size pads and see which size seems to work best for your bike. The pads are about 2" thick. I have the 14" x 11" if you want to try it out.
    Yes, I would like to see it and try it out. Let me know when you will be out and about with it.
    Not doing this years Euro ride, R1 isn't put back together and KLR won't keep up with anything.....