Thread: Arai, Shoei, RPHA, AGV, Shark, or Suomy?

Arai, Shoei, RPHA, AGV, Shark, or Suomy?

Hey everyone, please help me out here with my next big helmet order so that I can be sure to have just what you want in stock. Which helmet do you prefer and why? Do you have a favorite model and design? If you were buying a new helmet tomorrow, which would it be?

Personally I am a big fan of my Suomy. Although they aren't as popular I feel that part of it is due to most shops not carrying them. The Spec 1R is my personal favorite but the Vandal is a close second from a price to value ratio. I happen to think they have some of the best designs and pait quality as well. Other than that my second favorite brand is Shoei, followed oddly enough by some of the new Bell Star helmets.
    -Jon

06 Triumph Speed Triple, Current
    05 Triumph Speed four, Sold
    04 GSX-R 600, Sold
    04 GSX-R 1000 Miladin Replica, Stolen
    07 CBR-1000, Totalled
    07 GSX-R built out 750, Sold

xlite best helmet ive ever owned.
    even hold up well against a tree!!!!

Of those listed my next helmet purchase would be an AGV because I already own a Shoei, Arai, and RPS-10.

I have only used Shoei RF1100s. I would of liked to compare it to Arai but haven't found a shop that has XL Arai in stock to even try on.
    - Ryan -
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Theodore Roosevelt
    "The Internet has allowed a bunch of dumb people to say dumb things" - Ice T

Arai. Hard to find any local shops that carry them in various sizes.

My nugget is round and the Shoei RF series always had the best fit for me. A new (and pleasant) discovery has been Bell. I recently purchased the Vortex and the fit is as good as the Shoei, just doesn't feel as "plush", but an amazing value and their graphics are unique and interesting; my Flying Tigers helmet has gotten a ton of compliments.
    f*ck facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Primape View Post
    Arai. Hard to find any local shops that carry them in various sizes.
    Go visit EC. They have them. I got mine from there a few years ago.
    Matt

2009 1198S
    2001 748

I'm the same as Echo with a round melon. The RF-1100 is a very comfortable quality helmet that fits my head shape and is a nice weight. My son has an AGV Evo 4 (I think its the Evo 4), and I couldn't wear that thing to save my life. Very nice slick looking race inspired shaping but certainly not for us with round, Charlie Brown-esque melons.
    -------------------
    Thank your stars you're not that way...turn your back and walk away
    Don't even pause and ask them why...turn around and say goodbye

2008 Ninja 650r, aka Old Man Ninja

Sorry, but for me it's HJC...Good, safe helmets, at a reasonable price...That way the first time it gets a ding from a pebble i'm not crying about my $700 helmet...Currently in a RPS-10, and I like the new RPHA-10...THE FS-15 is a really good helmet too...
    1991 Ninja zx600(sold) 1989 Ninja zx-10(sold) 2002 Ninja zx-7r(totalled) 2004 GSXR 750 (totalled) 1984 Honda VF700 F Interceptor(traded)
    1992 XJ600 Seca II(sold) 2005 CBR1000RR(traded) 2004 FJR 1300 ABS

Quote Originally Posted by macdaddyslomo View Post
    Sorry, but for me it's HJC...Good, safe helmets, at a reasonable price...That way the first time it gets a ding from a pebble i'm not crying about my $700 helmet...Currently in a RPS-10, and I like the new RPHA-10...THE FS-15 is a really good helmet too...
    that is a pretty good helmet. But id prefer something a little bit more. The construction doesnt feel as solid as arai or shoei.

I'd like a arai but its a bit expensive, ive really enjoyed my shoei rf-1100 and x-11.

my first helmet was an icon alliance, even a good agv is a great upgrade.
    Randy: 99' BB6 - 03' R6

Dynoworks tuned, Chad Wolfe prepared.

I ride with a RPHA and absolutely love it. My previous helmet was an Arai Vector, which I still have but only use for passengers now. I love Arai helmets (still ride with an Arai off-road helmet), but I personally now prefer the RPHA, comfort-wise, price-wise (about $200 less) and also the fit and finish. Oh yeah, and it is the lightest snell 10 rated helmet so that's a plus.