Thread: 2013 Triumph Speed Triple Special Edition (1 of 100)

2013 Triumph Speed Triple Special Edition (1 of 100)

Guys and Gals,

We are very excited about the addition of our new brand Triumph Motorcycles to the vehicle lineup at Fun Bike Center Motorsports in Lakeland. Already I have fallen in love with the Street Triple 675R, the Speed Triple 1050 R, and the Daytona 675R as far as the sportbike lineup is concerned.

This bike in particular is extra special. Only 100 of these Special Edition Speed Triples were made and I love to have something that not many others do. Check out the pictures of this and let me know what you think. Of course you'll never be able to fully appreciate the bike just by its looks. To ride a Speed Triple is awesome. Have any of you ridden one? Please share your thoughts.

Attachment 30333
    Attachment 30334
    Attachment 30335
    Attachment 30336
    Attachment 30337

Something Special: Triumph Introduces New Special Edition Speed Triple

The Speed Triple SE features a unique new look, with Matte Blue stripes laid over Matte Graphite paint. A distinctive blue frame and blue rim stripes add even more visual appeal, while the color-matched fly screen, belly pan and seat cowl come standard. Finishing touches include a carbon fiber front fender, tank cover panel and inner radiator panels, as well as a new gray and black saddle design.

Features
    Engine: Liquid cooled 12-valve DOHC in-line three-cylinder 1,050cc engine. Max torque. Max pulling power. 1050cc triple delivers a punch unlike any other. More torque and greater refinement than ever.
    Frame: Design and function. All-new twin-tube over engine design is carefully sculpted to accentuate the styling while delivering class leading agility and stability in one package.
    Styling: Twin headlamps up front are a new interpretation of the classic ‘bug-eye’ look while classic Speed Triple cues remain throughout, including single-sided swingarm, twin pipes and that stubby, aggressive stance.
    Security and Safety: Coded key immobiliser comes as standard. Sophisticated ABS and tire pressure monitors are options for first time on a Speed Triple.
    Engine and Transmission
    Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
    Capacity: 1050 cc
    Bore/Stroke: 79.0 x 71.4 mm
    Fuel System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
    Exhaust: Stainless Steel 3 into 1 into 2, twin high level stainless steel pipes.
    Final Drive: X ring chain
    Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
    Gearbox: 6-speed
    Oil Capacity: 3.8 liters (1.0 US gals)
    Chassis, Running Gear and Displays
    Frame: Aluminum beam twin-spar
    Swingarm: Single-sided, aluminum alloy with eccentric chain adjuster
    Front Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy multi-spoke 17 x 3.5in
    Rear Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy multi-spoke 17 x 6.0in
    Front Tire: 120/70 ZR 17
    Rear Tire: 190/55 ZR 17
    Front Suspension: Showa 43mm upside down forks with adjustable rebound and compression damping, 120mm travel
    Rear Suspension: Showa Monoshock with adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping, 130mm rear wheel travel
    Front Brakes: Twin 320mm floating discs, Brembo 4-piston 4-pad radial calipers, ABS
    Rear Brakes: Single 255mm disc, Nissin single 2-piston sliding caliper, ABS
    Instrument Display/Functions: LCD multi-functional instrument pack with digital speedometer, fuel gauge, trip computer, analogue tachometer, lap timer, programmable gear change lights, service interval announcement display, TPMS ready
    Dimensions and Capacities
    Length: 2086 mm (82.1 in)
    Width (handlebars): 728 mm (28.6)
    Height without mirrors: 1033 mm (40.6 in)
    Seat Height: 825 mm (32.5 in)
    Wheelbase: 1435 mm (56.5 in)
    Rake/Trail: 22.8º / 90.9 mm
    Fuel Tank Capacity / Efficiency: 17.5 liters (4.6 US gals)
    Wet Weight (ready to ride): 214 kg (471 lbs)
    Performance (measured at crankshaft to 95/1/EC)
    Maximum Power: 135PS / 133bhp / 99 kW @ 9400rpm
    Maximum Torque: 111Nm / 81.9 ft.lbs @ 7750rpm
    Fuel Efficiency: 34 MPG City / 50 MPG Highway

Yum... and it looks like you expanded your Triumph apparel from the last time I was there! jjjjooooyyyyy [insert squeaky toy sound here]
    f*ck facebook

Re: 2013 Triumph Speed Triple Special Edition (1 of 100)

I saw this bike over the weekend and it is BEAUTIFUL! If I had the money it would be in my garage already! Talked to one of the owners over the weekend and he was a very friendly guy who seems to be very interested in getting their company in better standing with our community.

Sent from my phone, ignore grammar, spelling, and autocorrect.
    Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
    whatever... like youve never decapitated a goat and 2 chickens and left them on the beach accidentally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkshear View Post
    Hey man, I look AMAZING in drag. Don't judge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottly View Post
    You're a five gallon bucket of drama. Boo hoo.

Re: 2013 Triumph Speed Triple Special Edition (1 of 100)

How much? I am looking for a new bike.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Track Junkie and unfortunate street hater!

GSXR 600
    VFR 800 (lonely)
    Santa Cruz Heckler LE

Love the colors.

Quote Originally Posted by jb06-800 View Post
    How much? I am looking for a new bike.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Because of the very limited quantity of these bikes available, I have seen them selling for a market price of between $14,399 and $15,999 at other dealers lucky enough to have one but we have ours listed for regular retail price of only $13,399.

that's awesome. I will try to be in soon to see it with my eyes.
    Track Junkie and unfortunate street hater!

GSXR 600
    VFR 800 (lonely)
    Santa Cruz Heckler LE

Quote Originally Posted by jb06-800 View Post
    that's awesome. I will try to be in soon to see it with my eyes.
    Make sure you come check it out soon. I have a feeling that it won't be on display here much longer considering I just posted it online in a couple different areas. Now that people know we have it I know it won't be here too long and when it's gone it's gone. They only made 100 of these total and I believe there are less than 10 of these still available for sale in the US.

FYI, I have the ability to get a brand new Triumph Speed Triple SE in the crate for $1100 off from Triumph. It was taken back from the dealer that had it. This means that we could sell it for only $12,299 ($500 less than a regular Speed Triple)! Let me know if any of you are interested because it will likely get snatched up by someone soon. I can set you up with a demo ride on one of our currently in-stock Speed Triples if you have not ridden one before and want to find out whether or not it is a good fit for you.

Stock photos

Here is a stock pic of the 2013 Speed Triple SE (1 of 100)
    While the picture is nice, it definitely doesn't do the bike justice. Looks way better in person, the paint and carbon fiber especially.
    Attachment 31550

That looks like it should be in a transformers movie! Nice!
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

I cant see any of the attachments. poo!!!
    Follow the liter

CURSE YOU!!! That is one sweet looking transformerish bike!
    f*ck facebook

I think Preston is trying to sell his LE just like the one pictured above.

Quote Originally Posted by HoleShotThis View Post
    FYI, I have the ability to get a brand new Triumph Speed Triple SE in the crate for $1100 off from Triumph. It was taken back from the dealer that had it. This means that we could sell it for only $12,299 ($500 less than a regular Speed Triple)! Let me know if any of you are interested because it will likely get snatched up by someone soon. I can set you up with a demo ride on one of our currently in-stock Speed Triples if you have not ridden one before and want to find out whether or not it is a good fit for you.
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that in addition to the low price I can offer on this brand new 2013 Triumph Speed Triple SE, if you purchase ANY 2013 Speed Triple by May 31st then Triumph Motorcycles will give you a $1000 FREE credit to use as you please at shop.triumphmotorcycles.com on genuine Triumph parts, acessories, and/or clothing. This is part of Triumph's Value Added Accessories Program.