Thread: Carfax

Carfax

So 1 Carfax is $40 and Unlimited is $55. Anyone want to go in on a Carfax deal with me? The unlimited mean unlimited license plate looks up and 5 VIN #s. I only want to look up my own and my family and can do that by license plate. So the 5 Vins are first come first serve. Just bought a used car and want to look up maintenance history. Will probably purchase in about 2 weeks so seeing how many are interested!
    The twisties - not the superslabs -separate the riders from the
    squids.

Currently riding '08 SV650SF. K8 FTW.

carfax is a waste. it really is. think about this. how many accidents arent reported, the owner tows it home, or drives it home, fixes it themselves, and never tells ANYBODY? or the owners that maintain their own vehicles.

carfax doesnt report this stuff, so its really a useless thing as far as I'm concerned. why waste your money? just maintain it yourself, save your money, and have a qualified mechanic look the car over for potential issues.
    I'm Nico now. Still slowly moving up.

Boredom leads to bad things.... don't ask how I know.

Its a newer car. I just keep all maintenance done in an excel sheet and would like to track the oil changes and any misc warranty replacements the dealer did. It's not a big deal if it doesn't happen.
    The twisties - not the superslabs -separate the riders from the
    squids.

Currently riding '08 SV650SF. K8 FTW.

Bob, I don't think they are worthless, they will often tell you when a car has been wrecked, flooded, auctioned, etc.

However, having a clean Carfax does not mean that the car has never been wrecked.

My nephew just purchased a used car and we used Carfax to disqualify several nice looking cars from contention.

Quote Originally Posted by 92VFR View Post
    Bob, I don't think they are worthless, they will often tell you when a car has been wrecked, flooded, auctioned, etc.

However, having a clean Carfax does not mean that the car has never been wrecked.

My nephew just purchased a used car and we used Carfax to disqualify several nice looking cars from contention.

I concur.
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppaNoDoz View Post
    ApogeeNow - you are more than a little scary man.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jarhead View Post
    Tommy, you really scare me sometimes.
    2007 Plasma Blue ZX-1464
    1464cc Bored & Stroked Motor, Re-Flashed ECU, OER Full Hi-Exhaust,
    SpeedoHealer, FP Velocity Stacks, Under-Cut Gears & No Flies!

2005 Subaru Forester XT (AWD madness!)
    1997 34' Fleetwood Bounder (Chevy Big Block Power at its slowest!)

Now, If I may...I have learned from a car dealership; that I am working with. That carfax is against the rules. They do not want customers asking for something the dealership has to print out. Which I might add carfax is very inconclusive.
    I GREW UP TO FUKN SCREW UP
    PRESIDENT OF TrOLlInG Inc. 2010
    2005 YZF-R6 Raven