Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Successful Chad Wolfe Experience.

Another Successful Chad Wolfe Experience.

I hadn't been posting much lately and I had posted pictures on FB and spoke briefly about a week ago of my adventures and trip to Chad's... I thought I'd take some time tonight and elaborate as well as create my TSB success story.

This is the Post story to the previous Another Just Another TIPH Adventure posted 1/12/13

Pictures should be publicly viewable here -even for those without FB accts. If not let me know I'll post them hear also.
    At The Dr.-Public album on Facebook

I was advised to be careful while riding until I adjusted to the bike again. I road the evening I picked up the bike, as well as an evening soon after. The bike ride's much smoother and handles very differently. As Chad mentioned, when something changes gradually over time... it's difficult to notice the difference, especially if it's all I've known. Now that the front tire is balanced, the steering is fixed, the damper is serviced, and the suspension is set the bike handles much more better!!

It also responds and accelerates much smoother now that the crud is removed from my shifter area, and my valves an motor are happy with adjustments, new plugs, and fresh oil!

The following info is the album description but so this is a repost but:
    Huge thank you to Chad Wolfe, not only was he available at the time of the call, but he spent a few days and many hours inspecting and putting his hard work into my bike. Very friendly, professional, and extremely knowledgeable. Acknowledged each of my questions and not only answered, but took the time to explain the answer to entirety. Chad goes above and beyond to do what he can and make the machine a much better functioning machine. In addition to the few things we agreed to work on, Chad also took the time to critique each piece as he inspected and reassembled "TIPH". He changed the fluid in my steering damper and upgraded and buried my steering bearings and shaft in grease to ensure I don't encounter the steering flaw again. At the time of pick up, we checked the controls and reviewed a check list of things done, as well as recapped on the work we agreed on. Apparently, not only did I have a steering issue to replace, but my front tire was out of balance quite a bit. My bike spends most it's life exposed to the elements, Chad offered some recommendations as well as did what he could to remove and prevent some corrosion I'm encountering and will continue to encounter. The night originally ended with a few recommendations; when I find room in my budget and prioritized a few things to consider next; such as fork oil and seals, tires, and cleaning my fuel injectors. My bike has officially been Chad Prepared and it's easy to say I'll def be back and he'll be seeing "TIPH" for any and hopefully all other work to be done.
    I also wanted to mention, these images are showing the bike as Chad was performing the valve check and adjustment... this is something he welcomed me to see, as well as explained along the way while also answering any questions I had. This is something typically rare to see done if at all by most mechanics and dealers.
    Work done:[37,007 mile service]
    - Initial Repair to get the bike running: screwed down the screw for the positive terminal!
    [He then checked the electrical system to make sure there was no lingering issue in the charging system including the battery, rectifier, or stator]
    - Unexpected Repair included replacing and lubing upper and lower steering bearings
    - Adjusting values which as apparently the first time they were "adjusted" (not just checked)
    - Changed plugs (Last in Feb '12 at 25k mi)
    - Changed Oil & filter (Last in August at 32/34k mi)
    - Full service (including coolant, and brake fluid flush)

While tinkering Chad included: (at no addtional charge)
    - a basic suspension set up raising my bike in the front and rear slightly
    - checked and balanced my front tire
    - modified the placement and attached my HID balace and cleaned up the loose wiring
    - checked and cleaned the internals of the bike after stripping off the fairings: technically top end removing excess dirt before working on the valves, and critiqued the wires and other small parts as he reassembled everything.
    - removed and minimized the amount of corrosion in some areas
    - cleaned and lubed the chain
    - fixed the bracket at the bottom of my fairing near my headers (from an armadillo incident when I began riding nearly 6 yrs ago)
    - removed a few unnecessary parts such as useless hoses and other parts to the exhaust valve mechanism
    - added the dry lubricant to my ignition and other key locks

I'm sure there are at least another handful of things he included that I'm forgetting at the moment, but as I remember or if he'd like to continue the list, I'll edit the post.

My point is...
    CHAD WOLFE GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND, I WOULD RECOMMEND A VISIT TO CHAD ANY DAY OR TIME.

THANK YOU AGAIN, CHAD! TIPH'll be seeing you again soon enough.

::All info in this post is based purely my opinion and my experience, but the work mentioned above is subject to any alteration or clarification by Chad Wolfe::
    Last edited by Tiphanid; 01-22-2013 at 03:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsonik1 View Post
    But, what do I know, I was only a janitor.

Remember kids... Guns dont kill people. Birthday party rental clowns with guns kill people.
    Quote Originally Posted by ApogeeNow View Post
    All we need to do is to surgically remove their eyes and their eardrums.
    It will not only stop them from stealing, but will put them into eternal soundless darkness,
    denying them much more than just losing their hands, and hopefully they would eventually lose their minds.

First and only... 07GSXR750.

3 x Alumni!!! *HHS 2006-PHCC 2008-USF 2013*

Once I get a daytime day of riding in, I'm sure I'll post an update to my new ride... so far it appears I'm putting to much effort into my turns now that it smoothly and willingly wants to glide, it's time I tone back and readjust to the ride, I'm lookin forward to the feel of improved ride and turns.

Remember kids... Guns dont kill people. Birthday party rental clowns with guns kill people.
    It will not only stop them from stealing, but will put them into eternal soundless darkness,
    denying them much more than just losing their hands, and hopefully they would eventually lose their minds.

Re: Another Successful Chad Wolfe Experience.

Chad never disappoints. Really glad to see him back in full swing after a brief hiatus.

Sent from a device with more computing power than was used for the original moon mission, even though it sucks as a telephone. Text me, at least then I'll understand you.
    Headstone Reads "Just . . a little bit . . . MORE"

Facebook
    Motorcycle Photos & Stories

I was waiting for this; since I was there for some of it.

The sledgehammer is with Chad right now getting new shocks along with having it's massive shaft drive lubricated, along with a handlebar adjustment. Apparently Triumph didn't think that a shaft that has to propel the biggest production motor with the highest torque figures 9 years running needs any lube...

The Triumph shop (that I've had great experience with) said it would take 1 hour to install my new shocks (that I shelled out $500 for) and the 2nd thing Chad said when he saw them "I'll take this apart and lubricate here; otherwise it won't give you problems for about 3 years, but after that corrosion may set it...". My first thought upon hearing this was "giggety". The first thing he said was the shaft in the shock was massive... "all right..."

Having my bike worked on by Chad is a privilege. I've never seen (or heard of anyone) with his level of attention to detail. I drop my bike off when he tells me and pick it up as soon as he says it's good, I don't quibble. Don't get me wrong, Chad is a wonderful guy but I greatly appreciate and respect the fact that he is making space for my 2 wheeled fatty when he can have a couple of slender bikes in her place. Chad is in a position when he can pick and choose his clients and I consider myself fortunate to be among them.

So in short; my bike is with Chad... giggety; all right
    reverse-1236166298_quagmire_-_giggity.gif
    f*ck facebook

Ugh... tiph your making it really hard to put off having my valves done.
    <_<

Quote Originally Posted by echoraven View Post
    *I was waiting for this; since I was there for some of it.

-yes, nice surprise
    yea I'm having some school anxiety and riding withdraws... so it took be a bit to get time to type it up I've been trying not to procrastinate but also you can see I had a lot to say, go figure so it'd take more than a quick break.

*The Triumph shop (that I've had great experience with) said it would take 1 hour to install my new shocks (that I shelled out $500 for) and the 2nd thing Chad said when he saw them "I'll take this apart and lubricate here; otherwise it won't give you problems for about 3 years, but after that corrosion may set it...".
    *My first thought upon hearing this was "giggety". The first thing he said was the shaft was massive... "all right..." <- fixed... bwaaha hehe... ::innocently walks away slowly::

-indeed... as u can see from the list of tinkering he did quite a bit extra...some people would say that's just building hour and in turn more money but in Chad's case, not only wasn't this an hourly job he's passionate about it. Some people sew,others clean stuff, some shoot, others jump out of planes, really who meditates anymore ...
    Chad works an meticulously cleans other's bikes. I knew better and was still impressed with the result.

*Having my bike worked on by Chad is a privilege. I've never seen (or heard of anyone) with his level of attention to detail.

*I drop my bike off when he tells me and pick it up as soon as he says it's good, I don't quibble.

-Exactly and all my exact thoughts, not a worry in my mind. I even disclaimered to him that I was asking question in curiousity not doubting or questioning his work.
    When people were asking me to ride, or how long the bike was down... I just shrugged or replied when the Chad sends the msg to go get it, when he saids go I'd be there

*Don't get me wrong, Chad is a wonderful guy but I greatly appreciate and respect the fact that he is making space for my 2 wheeled fatty when he can have a couple of slender bikes in her place.

- HUGE LOL here... if you only knew...
    For some reason we had a slight hiccup, my headlights stopped working after a neigborhood loop and feel, to the point we had to kick ur 10ton out of the garage pull mine back in and operate... ironically, the flawless looking switch appeared to be the source and the problem still remains a ghostly mystery- quite the conundrum for Chad... but he worked his magic so I could ride home that night, and the next, and I hadn't had another issue. I'm not complaining story time w/ Chad's a great time. I'm only slightly jealous my bike seems to like him more than me... but at least I see why

*Chad is in a position when he can pick and choose his clients and I consider myself fortunate to be among them.

So in short; (Lol you made a short joke hehe. )
    my bike is with Chad... giggety; all right
    reverse-1236166298_quagmire_-_giggity.gif

most comments are above within the quote...
    * is echos comment
    - is my response.

-Not only do I agree w these statements 100%...
    But in your case, it's just that he has slight bromance for you! It seems he's got a weakness for great people and while your makin short jokes, maybe that was also a factor
    He doesn't reeeaaallly.... like your bikes... jk...jk... ok maybe just a little

LOL many valid points Echo, I just gotta bust your chops. Good to see you and your lady

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Tiphanid; 01-22-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caps View Post
    Ugh... tiph your making it really hard to put off having my valves done.
    <_<
    Oh hey, I know this really great guy- you should call him maybe... ::in tune with the stupid song::

Lmao!! Chad Wolfe highly recommended... I forgot to mention :face palm: ... the record!

Not only does Chad have his ways of making the bike talk, it'll tell him the lil things he wants to hear, for example it appear's my valves were "checked" around 11/18k miles but this was the first adjustment.

I did mention being there while he worked on this, right?!
    * He performs a leakdown test and feeler checks on each cylinder. While he works (not guessing after) he writes down all the specs, including the gap, current shim, replacement shim, and the final spec. for records, and explains it all at pick up. THIS IS A VALUABLE CHAD SIGNATURE MOVE.

Just a side note, fun fact.
    Chad was explaining the leakdown test and how it shows a % further explaining the acceptable range and such, he mentions a grain of sand could be the difference of a 19 and 15 gap... truth be told... on my second cylinder, that was exactly the case!

Matt! Make the call.

Another note for those as ignorant as myself
    "The oil is the life line of the machine!!"
    It never hurts to change the oil, and the valves are an independant job from the oil. Until I saw what I saw, it just didn't make since to me and I thought I'd be working backwards to change my over-due oil then to do my valves.

Cams up top and the lack of push rods and rockers are a new concept to me, but it's a significant improvement and purposeful in the sportbike world.

Congrats Tiph! Good to hear you're back on the road

And I agree with this statement the most.....

CHAD WOLFE GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND, I WOULD RECOMMEND A VISIT TO CHAD ANY DAY OR TIME.
    _________________ ____
    |--Papa Jon Racing--| | ; |____.
    |_..._...__________| _|..........|
    "(@)'(@)"""""|(@)(@)*****(@)

CCS #19

I always like the fact that he explains everything to you.
    Being a mechanic for so many years, I realized how much more comfortable customers are when you explain what, when, why, and how of a problem, and he even gets into more detail with people like me, who understand some of it! LOL

Should we start the Chad > Chuck Norris now?
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO View Post
    I always like the fact that he explains everything to you.
    Being a mechanic for so many years, I realized how much more comfortable customers are when you explain what, when, why, and how of a problem, and he even gets into more detail with people like me, who understand some of it! LOL

Should we start the Chad > Chuck Norris now?
    oh yea, you shoulda saw my roommates faces when I tried to explain the sprockets and chain function to my roommates... they heard part of a story about a front sprocket coming off... their expressions showed complete alienation, so I tried to clue them in. Me explaining bikes, guns, and car stuff to them is quiet comical from my POV, but they get it in the end, at least enough to appreciate the stories

and yea I was joking with Chad how I slightly expected him to look more like chuck norris...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphanid View Post
    ...But in your case, it's just that he has slight bromance for you! It seems he's got a weakness for great people and while your makin short jokes, maybe that was also a factor

...LOL many valid points Echo, I just gotta bust your chops. Good to see you and your lady
    I make it no secret; I've got mad respect for what he does. He's available for his kids; if that is not deserving of respect, then nothing is.

I always pay great attention when he speaks, 'cause he's like one of them slightly insane geniuses and you hope some of that "genius" rubs off.... so my honey was quite bored! That's ok, cause I took her to Cody's steakhouse (she loves that place) and when we pick up the beast, she gets to go there again!

...and yea I was joking with Chad how I slightly expected him to look more like chuck norris...
    It's rumored that when one of Chuck Norris's bikes breaks down he threatens them until they fix themselves, though sometimes Mr. Norris has a soft spot so he calls on Chad to give his bikes some TLC.

...another rumor is that in motorcycle heaven there are thousands of Chad clones running around!
    f*ck facebook

I make it no secret; I've got mad respect for what he does. He's available for his kids; if that is not deserving of respect, then nothing is.

I always pay great attention when he speaks, 'cause he's like one of them slightly insane geniuses and you hope some of that "genius" rubs off.... so my honey was quite bored! That's ok, cause I took her to Cody's steakhouse (she loves that place) and when we pick up the beast, she gets to go there again!

It's rumored that when one of Chuck Norris's bikes breaks down he threatens them until they fix themselves, though sometimes Mr. Norris has a soft spot so he calls on Chad to give his bikes some TLC.

...another rumor is that in motorcycle heaven there are thousands of Chad clones running around!
    LOL AWESOME...

& I call BS, there is only allowed to be ONE Chad Wolfe... even though I'm sure there are days he'd love to have clone also.
    nothing beats a clone to change a poopie diaper

Oh hey, I know this really great guy- you should call him maybe... ::in tune with the stupid song::

Lmao!! Chad Wolfe highly recommended... I forgot to mention :face palm: ... the record!

Not only does Chad have his ways of making the bike talk, it'll tell him the lil things he wants to hear, for example it appear's my valves were "checked" around 11/18k miles but this was the first adjustment.

I did mention being there while he worked on this, right?!
    * He performs a leakdown test and feeler checks on each cylinder. While he works (not guessing after) he writes down all the specs, including the gap, current shim, replacement shim, and the final spec. for records, and explains it all at pick up. THIS IS A VALUABLE CHAD SIGNATURE MOVE.

Just a side note, fun fact.
    Chad was explaining the leakdown test and how it shows a % further explaining the acceptable range and such, he mentions a grain of sand could be the difference of a 19 and 15 gap... truth be told... on my second cylinder, that was exactly the case!

Matt! Make the call.

Ugh... text me how to get a hold of him. <_<

Chad!!!
    Follow the liter

I slightly expected him to look more like chuck norris...
    Maybe after he lets himself go for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
    Chad!!!
    YOUUUU!!!!!
    Good enough, isn't.

"Beware of people who give you directions, when they don't know where you are...." - Chip Spalding

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Wolfe View Post
    YOUUUU!!!!!
    He spoke to MEEEEEEEEE... I'm suddenly faster.

Where the hell are my bike keys?
    Follow the liter

LOL AWESOME...

& I call BS, there is only allowed to be ONE Chad Wolfe...
    Gotta disagree hon, heaven for a motorcycle considerate rider, smooth curvy roads, no crates and being lovingly fondled by Chad. That's every motorcycle's version of heaven...

Don't know if I asked you; do you have a cover for your bike? Got one I don't need (and one I can't use) and I'd give it to you.
    f*ck facebook

Gotta disagree hon, heaven for a motorcycle considerate rider, smooth curvy roads, no crates and being lovingly fondled by Chad. That's every motorcycle's version of heaven...

Don't know if I asked you; do you have a cover for your bike? Got one I don't need (and one I can't use) and I'd give it to you.
    Thanks I do have one, I think it's a pretty good one, not just a loose thin one anyway. It's currently keeping TIPH out of sight out of mind...

That helmet we talked about months ago... That's something Id like to pick up assuming you still have it...

Good evening! So I was able to see Mr. Wolfe recently... I had the fork oil and seals replaced, I believe the first time in it's lifetime.

I rode about 30min in stop and go traffic in the cold Wed night... wow what a difference... I was very uncomforable, it felt very stiff and had much better throttle response. I remember him fiddling with my throttle but didn't realize he must have tightened it.

It's my understanding the new oil is thicker, and the cold weather and traffic, of course, doesn't allow it to heat up or break in the fresh oil... not to mention that autopilot we were talking about is def something it's apparent I was doing. Throttle alone, I was used to the positon for comfortable riding and now I need to make a conscious effort not to lay into the throttle. New steering head bearings, fresh oil in the forks and damper, and raised suspension are just enough to make a world of difference.

For those that may also be newer to riding thought I'd take the time to remind you to always selfcheck and know what's going on and how you're riding your machine. I do a lot of commuting and street riding... and it was easy for me to "get comfortable" My 750 is my first and only experience on a bike... I assumed I was learning and getting comfortable with mileage and time. It's a good time to selfcheck and realize I was also getting comfortable with normal ware and without knowing the adverse affects. In my case, I didn't know there was anything wrong with my steering bearing, and I was used to the feel of my suspension and throttle...

I can't wait till nxt Wed when I really get to ride and get a real feel warming it up an feeling how it should be. I'll keep you posted Thanks again Chad Wolfe!!

As always Chad is highly recommended, very welcoming and easy to get alone with. Always an interesting time with conversations especially when he and Brian get going... I appreciate him taking the time to stop pause and demonstrate as he explains the answers to all the questions I have along the way. We didn't change or adjust my the valves in my forks but I was shown them on another pair. Not only did he show off what the parts were he explained the way they work also. Mr. Wolfe is Top Notch!

... and yes any 4 year old that has a vacation and 4day birthday is spoiled and lucky to have you.

Few pix of th fork operation