Thread: Suspension Setup for '12 CBR1000

Suspension Setup for '12 CBR1000

(Tried to PM Chad but his box is full)

Hey Chad,

Not sure if you're accepting work, but you come highly recommended so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I just picked up a 2012 CBR1000rr (no ABS) and I love it. Ultimately I'm wanting to start taking it to the track on a regular basis. That being said, the suspension is bone stock and has not been messed with since I bought it new. Just seeing if you're available to help with a quick suspension setup for my demensions (6'2" 195lbs)..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Alton
    '12 Honda CBR1RR - Gilles rearsets - Cox radiator guard - Yosh fender eliminator - GBRacing engine covers - Hotbodies rear hugger - Shogun Front Axle/Frame/Bar End sliders - Full Arrow SBK exhaust - Bazzaz FI/TC/QS

Set your suspension sag with all of your gear with you on the bike, track gear preferably since it's heavier than street gear.

I just had mine done by Eric Gray at GMD in Ft Lauderdale little bit of a drive but well worth it IMO

Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior View Post
    Set your suspension sag with all of your gear with you on the bike, track gear preferably since it's heavier than street gear.
    will do, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EricG View Post
    I just had mine done by Eric Gray at GMD in Ft Lauderdale little bit of a drive but well worth it IMO
    definitely a little bit of a drive, I appreciate it
    '12 Honda CBR1RR - Gilles rearsets - Cox radiator guard - Yosh fender eliminator - GBRacing engine covers - Hotbodies rear hugger - Shogun Front Axle/Frame/Bar End sliders - Full Arrow SBK exhaust - Bazzaz FI/TC/QS

No prob I have his contact info if you wanted it.

beep we can set up your sag and preload in my garage, and try to get ur rebound and compression better set up for you. we will keep adjusting it every time we ride, dialing it in. till you find a pro to help out.

i got one guy we can take our bikes to he said it will be under 100 bucks to tune the suspension.

i set my sag my self and been adjusting the other dials as i ride. its been getting better and better with each ride.

text me im off today if want to set it up
    11' S1000RR

Seductive Cycles

If you can change your oil you can set your sag. I dont understand why people spend 80 bucks to turn 6 screws and 3 preload rings. it takes like 20 minutes. 10 if you have someone help you
    I will do today what you won't So I can do tomorrow what you can't

facebook.com/squidward269 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43-e7...ature=youtu.be

05-R1
    06 GSXR600

Quote Originally Posted by Squidward269 View Post
    If you can change your oil you can set your sag. I dont understand why people spend 80 bucks to turn 6 screws and 3 preload rings. it takes like 20 minutes. 10 if you have someone help you
    understanding how suspension works is beyond some people, me possible being one of them.

setting preload & low speed/high speed compression/rebound per a riders riding style isn't as easy as changing oil

on my bwm i need way more front preload then the manual calls for, i think it has to compensate for the shitty compression the bike comes stock with. i wish it was as simple as changing my oil.
    11' S1000RR

Seductive Cycles

I had no idea how to do it either and I figured if Eric Gray at GMD makes a living doing it there has to be some skill and special in it at least to do it correctly

plenty of information online that breaks it down barney stile. just read up on it first. and alwase right down the settings that were already on the bike incase you muff it up, reset it and start over.
    I will do today what you won't So I can do tomorrow what you can't

facebook.com/squidward269 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43-e7...ature=youtu.be

05-R1
    06 GSXR600

Setting adjustments is not rocket science if you are revalving and going that extra mile then yes but sag and clickers anyone can do if you have the want or willingness to turn some wrenches

12. Quote Originally Posted by Squidward269 View Post
    I might have a little trouble measuring the sag by myself.. I might need your help

Quote Originally Posted by GunSlinger View Post
    beep we can set up your sag and preload in my garage, and try to get ur rebound and compression better set up for you. we will keep adjusting it every time we ride, dialing it in. till you find a pro to help out.

i got one guy we can take our bikes to he said it will be under 100 bucks to tune the suspension.

i set my sag my self and been adjusting the other dials as i ride. its been getting better and better with each ride.

text me im off today if want to set it up
    Sounds good bro. Good to hear that your suspension working better for you

Quote Originally Posted by EricG View Post
    No prob I have his contact info if you wanted it.
    sounds good, i'll pm you if i can't find anyone closer

Quote Originally Posted by Squidward269 View Post
    alwase right down the settings that were already on the bike incase you muff it up, reset it and start over.
    will do, cause i'm the king of muffing things up

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisL View Post
    Setting adjustments is not rocket science if you are revalving and going that extra mile then yes but sag and clickers anyone can do if you have the want or willingness to turn some wrenches
    i hear ya