Thread: Need help ASAP

Need help ASAP

Hi, Chad. My name is Matt. My bike is suddenly having serious problems and I was told that you are the man to talk to. I have a 2006 Yamaha R6. Friday night the normal yamatick I'm used to became a fix-me-soon valve tick. I figured I would bring it into the shop on Monday and not worry. Saturday I came up to a light and the second I pulled in the clutch the engine died and would not turn over. After waiting for about an hour it cooled down and fired up again, but sounded and ran like garbage. It shut off again at the touch of the clutch lever on my street. The tick/chatter is unbearable so I won't ride it until it is fixed, but it is my only vehicle. I need it worked on as soon as you have time. My number is 727-809-2408 if you could text or call me.

Id try sending him a PM as well. He's a super busy man and not on here much....not sure how often he has been checking. He's definitely worth getting in contact with though!
    2009 Vivid Orange/Black R6: sold
    2012 FZ1 "The Storm Trooper"

I tried to PM first, but it came back saying his inbox was full. It does sound like it would be worth the wait to have him do it by reading everyone's posts about his prices and quality of work. I don't want to take it to dealership if I don't have to. It's going to be expensive and the only mechanic I've trusted at the shop for the last six years is now gone. Unfortunately, the last post I see by Chad was February and I have seen a lot of reports that he is very busy.

I dont think he is taking in anymore work at the moment.

I was getting the feeling that might be the case and yet I still hoped otherwise. Are there any other recommendations for solving my issue besides a dealership?

We can look at it tomorrow. We can drop the pan and see what it looks like and get an idea what the next step would be. 80 bucks. Plus, that can be applied to the repair if we do the work.

Call me. 727-539-6269 (Manx)

Quote Originally Posted by Drewster View Post
    We can drop the pan and see what it looks like and get an idea what the next step would be.

Yes, sounds like it is beyond a simple valve adjustment to fix your problems... It may have dropped a valve.

Don't start and or run the motor!
    2001 CR250r
    1983 XR350r Evo racer!
    2007 CRF450x
    1973 Midget
    .... and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Drewster View Post
    We can look at it tomorrow. We can drop the pan and see what it looks like and get an idea what the next step would be. 80 bucks. Plus, that can be applied to the repair if we do the work.

I would recomend using Manx Motorsports for you mechanical work if you aren't able to get ahold of Chad.

Sent from mah smaht fonez.
    Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
    whatever... like youve never decapitated a goat and 2 chickens and left them on the beach accidentally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkshear View Post
    Hey man, I look AMAZING in drag. Don't judge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottly View Post
    You're a five gallon bucket of drama. Boo hoo.

You're fucked.

Hey, somebody had to say it.
    Last edited by Scottly; 06-24-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    Suppose you are an idiot. And suppose you are a member of Congress.
    But I repeat myself. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by pyroman1 View Post
    OK, you are smarter than me.

any update matt?
    I've been here

Pm me for sale price...
    I will do today what you won't So I can do tomorrow what you can't

facebook.com/squidward269 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43-e7...ature=youtu.be

05-R1
    06 GSXR600

Quote Originally Posted by Scottly View Post
    Your fucked.

Hey, somebody had to say it.
    That is funny wrong but funny.

Sounds like ur gonna need the head shaved down and some new valves...might be looking at a paperweight

If anyone was still curious about how this is going, I got a replacement motor for $600. The guy suggested I replace the thermostat while it's out and says I will need to carry over my stator and starter from my old engine. I'll be starting the project as soon as the thermostat gets here and this storm passes. After the swap I'll tear into the motor and see what I can find wrong. I don't really know anything about this stuff so it should be a learning experience.