Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reflection

Chris you are a good guy. I remember I was new on Tsb and on my first groupride. During the ride you spent time helping out us newer guys with our technique, and more specifically got me to loosen up a little bit after you noticed me riding a little stiff and not really leaning too much. That put such a great impression on me and is part of a great reason of why I am still here.
    My Youtube Channel
    2005 Pearl GSXR 600 -SOLD!
    2007 Triumph Daytona 675 -Current

Quote Originally Posted by armytim9760 View Post
    Tommy, I was there and dont think i met you directly. I was really touched by what everyone had to say at the eulogy. I was impressed and shocked, yet not really surprised at all, that of all of the pictures on the screen, 80% were of Brandon on a motorcycle. The fact that his urn was a motorcycle tank wasnt surprising in the least. I am glad that I had the chance to know him, even for a short period of time. He was a great man, and his death, as well as his life, changed who I am. To add to what everyone else has already said, Brandon's influence on those around him was, and is, profound. If nothing else, it has helped me to understand that life is fleeting, and that if you do not have people to share in your triumphs and failures, then your life is not complete.

We left immediately after the military memorial service, (I was with Dave), although I met Brandon only a few times
    and therefore not friends (only aquaintances), I did feel obligated to be present during the military memorial service,
    but not be present for the afterglow.
    I made the decision to go because Brandon is part of the TSB family, and that alone is enough of a reason,
    but at the same time I wanted to honor his wife's wishes.
    Dave (I think) felt the same way.

Being that I did not get the opportunity to truly get to know Brandon for to be able to call him
    a friend; I, in a way, feel cheated for not having that opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppaNoDoz View Post
    ApogeeNow - you are more than a little scary man.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jarhead View Post
    Tommy, you really scare me sometimes.
    2007 Plasma Blue ZX-1464
    1464cc Bored & Stroked Motor, Re-Flashed ECU, OER Full Hi-Exhaust,
    SpeedoHealer, FP Velocity Stacks, Under-Cut Gears & No Flies!

2005 Subaru Forester XT (AWD madness!)
    1997 34' Fleetwood Bounder (Chevy Big Block Power at its slowest!)

Dave, it was hard to recognize you without your smile and sense of humor...

Tommy, I was hoping to chat with you a bit, seems like I get to spend like 4 minutes with you each year.

Hearing Scott (very moving) and just being there not only to respect the departed but to celebrate his life I realized I need to work less and live more. I just completed 10 years working my part time job and have so little to show for it. I need to be down to just 1 job and do the meet and greets, perhaps a track day.

To Tim, Tiph, Teo, Amanda, Mr & Mrs Katy, Laura, Tim and everyone else who celebrated his memory, thank you for letting me be a part of it. I am both humbled and honored.

...even if Tim only asked the pretty ladies for their facebook...
    f*ck facebook

thanks hammiel....

you know its strange, at times i feel that i need to reach out more, then other times, im shown that i DO reach out. when my time here is up, i dont want to be remembered as "that guy" i want people to remmeber chris cane as a stand up individual, one who can be counted on, trusted, loved. happy, ever giving. as i see how Brandon was, the best way i can honor him, is to be more like him. try and be a better person, be kind and considerate.
    Last edited by TriumphChris675; 05-08-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Chris you are a good guy and you have fun. I don't know you all that well but, I think you just let the small stuff get to you. Fuck all that little stuff and laugh it off. We should all live like that, like Brandon did.

Quote Originally Posted by vfrsam View Post
    chris you are a good guy and you have fun. I don't know you all that well but, i think you just let the small stuff get to you. Fuck all that little stuff and laugh it off. We should all live like that, like brandon did.
    do i ever

oh and thanks sam. appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by TriumphChris675 View Post
    do i ever
    Giggles...

sent from my EPIC!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsonik1 View Post
    But, what do I know, I was only a janitor.

Remember kids... Guns dont kill people. Birthday party rental clowns with guns kill people.
    Quote Originally Posted by ApogeeNow View Post
    All we need to do is to surgically remove their eyes and their eardrums.
    It will not only stop them from stealing, but will put them into eternal soundless darkness,
    denying them much more than just losing their hands, and hopefully they would eventually lose their minds.

First and only... 07GSXR750.

3 x Alumni!!! *HHS 2006-PHCC 2008-USF 2013*

chris, it was nice to meet you, i don't think you're bad at all, I hope you took some of my comments as jokingly as i meant them, such as you vs. cajuns, it was a great ride back up 275 with you and sam and i would ride with you again.
    it was also nice to meet some more people more face to face rather than in passing or briefly. theo, tiph, etc.
    i do know how you feel though, i find myself becoming introverted sometimes in public situations where i'm not comfortable, but can talk my heart out on the internet. Brandon's service and the loving people in his life made me realize how empty my life is, and how little of it i live even though i keep telling myself i will seize every opportunity, i feel as though i don't always make myself available for those opportunities, and/or don't go looking for them enough. it also made me realize I'm going to try harder, because i don't want to leave this world with all these things undone, you don't get a second chance to do them. like many others have said, don't sweat the small stuff. live as if tomorrows your number.
    09' Tuono 1000, Code Orange. Puig midscreen, Woodcraft sliders, Delkevic Carbon Fiber exhaust, Map2 ECU, -1,+2 gearing.

Chris, I think you got exactly what you were supposed to out of this tragic incident. The best we can do to honor those who go before us is to never forget them, or the effect they have on our lives (which all too often becomes clear only after they pass). This hurt will turn into a positive, life changing event, one that you can credit your friend with...
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"-E. Roosevelt

Right there with ya brother. It's a better world when we can enjoy it with love and laughter. Stay positive and enjoy each day because our attitudes are infectious, good or bad. Glad to have met everyone on TSB that I have. It really is a breadth of fresh air to meet a group of people so willing to help each other out at a moments notice just because we share the same passion in life.

-Tony

Lastnight was really rough. Broke down too many times. As the night went on things got better and I drank a few beers. Was really nice to see some really old friends , but hated that it took this to get everyone together. I went to work this morning and broke down again for a few hours.

I only rode with Brandon a few times. I did hang out with him quite a bit. The guy was the happiest man I think I have ever met. I could only dream to be such a positive role model that he was.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffinzx10 View Post
    sideshow hate to say it, but you are correct
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Im paranoid on doing things myself. .

thanks hammiel....

you know its strange, at times i feel that i need to reach out more, then other times, im shown that i DO reach out. when my time here is up, i dont want to be remembered as "that guy" i want people to remmeber chris cane as a stand up individual, one who can be counted on, trusted, loved. happy, ever giving. as i see how Brandon was, the best way i can honor him, is to be more like him. try and be a better person, be kind and considerate.
    Chris your a fucking cool dude. Pitting with you during the Dynoworks weekend was a blast. Don't be too hard on yourself and try not to let stuff get to you so much. I have the same issue and have really gotten serious and worked on it this last year, believe me you'll be happier and in my case better health.

People say motorcycles are dangerous, try having high blood pressure every day and night over any little thing that pisses you off. In the end it just doesn't matter.
    "No matter how many mistakes you've made you are ahead of people who aren't trying."

Remember Spd_dmn_05-Brandon Williford

ok so who wants to live a little???? i get back from this next trip around the 23rd of may..........

LETS JUMP OUT OF A PLANE!!!!!!!!!! whos with me? ive never done it

It's super fun! You will have a blast! I recommend skydive Tampa bay on SR 60. Everyone out there is super nice and make you feel welcome

Just remember boys and girls, it's not the fall that kills you...it's the sudden stop at the end.
    Suppose you are an idiot. And suppose you are a member of Congress.
    But I repeat myself. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by pyroman1 View Post
    OK, you are smarter than me.

Skydiving sounds fun. Cost?
    f*ck facebook

It's like 200.00 a jump

It's like 200.00 a jump
    The only other cost is video if you want it. If you can afford video too, I'd say do that as well

All I can add to the theme of this thread is this.

The only person you need to be better than is the one you were the day before.

I can't remember the author.
    _________________ ____
    |--Papa Jon Racing--| | ; |____.
    |_..._...__________| _|..........|
    "(@)'(@)"""""|(@)(@)*****(@)

CCS #19