Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reflection

Reflection

As i sit here and ponder life, how fast it can change. I think to myself with everything that has happened recently, how lucky we are. For me to have a bad attitude towards some people, get pissed off so easily. I witnessed something very touching today. While i was attending Brandons memorial service today, i relaized how i was approaching life, well, it is all wrong. Brandon epitomises(sp?) how everyone should live life. FULL of happiness living in the moment. At the same time being very grounded. this is how i want to live everyday from now on.

to ALL the people that are active members of TSB and those that arent. lets all take some time and get to know eeach other. spend some time with those around us. learn about each other.

I look around me right now in my life, I see many good people, and its a shame that I do not make any real attempt to hang out with you guys/ gals.

we at TBS are one big family.

If i can take one thing from Brandons passing, its this.....

nothing is so bad that we cannot be happy and smile, and love those around us. life can be taken so sudden.

someone at the service said this one thing that struck me..........

" I wish I had more time!"

Chris, I am happy I have met you. I enjoy the few times we ride on the street and the track, the time we spend BSing about anything. I consider you a friend. The biggest thing is that not to wait until it's too late to say the above statement.
    “I always look for a woman who has a tattoo. I see a woman with a tattoo, and I’m thinking, OK, here’s a gal who’s capable of making a decision she’ll regret in the future.”

laurent im having a real hard time right now, today has been very overwhelming

and yes i consider you a very good friend. im glad to have met you my french friend.

Well said Chris.

We really don't have that much time...
    Our "lives" get in the way of our life too much... and yet, life is all we have.

Get in touch with your life and live IT like Brandon did.
    Then reach out to those that you care about and let them know - every day.

i cant remember if it was Mark or Scott who said it. and Rj his words hit home too..... its all about the PASSION.

Chris, I could tell from the moment I saw you today, that you were taking it hard. Thankfully, my hard day was on Thursday when I was home alone. I sat at home and cried for a bit. Not really for myself, but for those that knew him better than me; namely Claudice. (I guess I was the same way when my mother passed. I cried for my father's loss more than my own.) Having things hit home that day helped me stay strong today, I guess.
    Brandon definitely taught me something, as well. I never heard an ill word pass his lips. He has inspired me to be a more positive person. I only hope that I can smile smile as much as he did.
    We take these risks not to escape life...but to stop life from escaping us.

'03 RC 51, '05 ZZR600, Yamaha PW50

i having an even harder time tonite as i sit here alone, thinking. the thought that i have the most , well, that i want to touch people the way Brandon did. i want to be remembered for bringing joy and happiness to others.

his positive outlook on life is amazing. his infectious smile, his calming demeanor. the way he carried himself. i envy that of him.

Quote Originally Posted by TriumphChris675 View Post
    i having an even harder time tonite as i sit here alone, thinking. the thought that i have the most , well, that i want to touch people the way Brandon did. i want to be remembered for bringing joy and happiness to others.

his positive outlook on life is amazing. his infectious smile, his calming demeanor. the way he carried himself. i envy that of him.
    Me too. I'm probably gonna live forever. I'm way too grumpy to die young. LOL

Anyway, I'm out for the night. Take it easy, brother. LMK if you need anything.
    We take these risks not to escape life...but to stop life from escaping us.

'03 RC 51, '05 ZZR600, Yamaha PW50

thanks tim

This whole post is A+ my friend! It's honestly how I view life, and try and get people to see life. I understand it can be hard to not be emotional at any given time but when you can remove yourself and look at the instance (whatever it is) from the prespective of life in its entirety, you'll see it is something that, yes at the moment you can be mad and sour about; but in the prespective of life. It shouldn't be a big deal; it's why I'm never angry/mad or get into fights/arguements.
    07 SXV550 - The most fun on two wheels.
    08 GSXR600 - Gone for a new car!
    SSR140 Mini Tard - Out of commission
    CR85SM - Sold.

Life is too short to live in the tomorrow... live in the now and love the now as best you can.

Good post Chris... welcome to the shiny side of life.
    Follow the liter

Yesterday was a long day full of thoughts and what if's. Hearing taps just rattles me, anyone that has or hasnt served knows the sacrifice that that tone represents. Chris always a pleasure seeing you brother.

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    You've really fucked up when they can see it from space.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41...feature=relmfu

I'm gonna take this chance to kinda copy a note from another forum and a member here now if im not mistaken, hope it's ok Chris, this thing we do, this whole bike/sportbikes thing, it's dangerous. With it comes an inherant risk, a risk that at anytime can rock your world and that of everyone you know. I said a few times last night and again now, if you stay around these things long enough you WILL see this happen. It happens everyday and once in a while it hits very close to home. Me personally several times in my immediate family and friends.
    That said, have your affairs in order and and make every effort there is to lessen that risk, insurance gear, maintenance, health, all of it effects your day and it's outcome, we love this stuff very passionately, we must there's no other reason to ride for years and years and witness sorrow like we have. On the way home we went by Toppdogs spot, unintentionally mind you, it was surreal as it gets to me. Be safe and take care of yourself and your affairs. Never take a thing for granted, know who your with and be happy. I'm pretty much 50 years old and if some of you young guys think life is too short, I have no idea how I have got to where I'm at, I will say that knowing a few people in here have made a little better. Ok I'm rambling, Chris you're right. The rest of ya's be safe. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    You've really fucked up when they can see it from space.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41...feature=relmfu

It was good seeing everyone yesterday, but very sad under the circumstances.
    Chris, you are right, life is short, and unfortunately, many of us have learned that
    particular axiom of life lesson many times over. . . .

We here on TSB embrace something that is so exhilarating, so compelling,
    something that seems to add so much to our lives,
    and yet, like a cruel paradox, it, at the same time, can take life so abruptly, so quickly,
    seemingly without rhyme or reason, and so very mercessly.
    It is a most dangerous game.

Again, my most heartfelt condolences to all of Brandon's family and friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppaNoDoz View Post
    ApogeeNow - you are more than a little scary man.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jarhead View Post
    Tommy, you really scare me sometimes.
    2007 Plasma Blue ZX-1464
    1464cc Bored & Stroked Motor, Re-Flashed ECU, OER Full Hi-Exhaust,
    SpeedoHealer, FP Velocity Stacks, Under-Cut Gears & No Flies!

2005 Subaru Forester XT (AWD madness!)
    1997 34' Fleetwood Bounder (Chevy Big Block Power at its slowest!)

If anything can be said is that Brandon was a great example of how life should be lived.

You have to enjoy it. The past is done and the future is never for certain. Enjoy what you have now an what your doing now. Its all that matters.
    "No matter how many mistakes you've made you are ahead of people who aren't trying."

Remember Spd_dmn_05-Brandon Williford

Tommy, I was there and dont think i met you directly. I was really touched by what everyone had to say at the eulogy. I was impressed and shocked, yet not really surprised at all, that of all of the pictures on the screen, 80% were of Brandon on a motorcycle. The fact that his urn was a motorcycle tank wasnt surprising in the least. I am glad that I had the chance to know him, even for a short period of time. He was a great man, and his death, as well as his life, changed who I am. To add to what everyone else has already said, Brandon's influence on those around him was, and is, profound. If nothing else, it has helped me to understand that life is fleeting, and that if you do not have people to share in your triumphs and failures, then your life is not complete.
    RIP Brandon Williford... you will be missed, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaNu1142 View Post
    98.5% of all drivers who don't also have a motorcycle license carry a gene that prevents them from seeing motorcycles. It's related to a condition the medical community calls "being fucking retarded".
    This guy can fit four weiners in his tailpipe....

Does this rag smell like chloroform?

From the very day you are born, you start to die. Nothing can stop it, and nothing can predict when that will happen. None of us...none...will ever have enough time.

The best you can do is get busy living while you're here.
    Suppose you are an idiot. And suppose you are a member of Congress.
    But I repeat myself. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by pyroman1 View Post
    OK, you are smarter than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottly View Post
    From the very day you are born, you start to die. Nothing can stop it, and nothing can predict when that will happen. None of us...none...will ever have enough time.

The best you can do is get busy living while you're here.
    ^^^ half empty

v v v Half full

From the day youre born you start to live... Nothing can stop it. You will have good and bad presented to you... Make the bad as good as it can be before passing it on. The only thing you wont have enough time for is the relationships you form... Love those relationships while you can and remember them for how amazing they were when they are gone.
    Follow the liter

I'm right there with you Chris, I'm too rough around the edges and really don't get alone with many people......its a personality flaw I'm trying to work on......tho I will say sir you trying to help me out with my 675 just goes to show that good people are still around!

thanks DG