Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jennings CCS 10.1.11 - 10.2.11

Quote Originally Posted by chickenhauke View Post
    Oh, get over yourself. I made the drive so I could get some quality time with Giggles while you were out gallivanting. haha

Seriously, my first time to a CCS race weekend = AWSOME! I was more excited/nervous about you racing than I am when I ride the track (no homo). The atmosphere was just way more electrifying than a regular track weekend. The smell of 2 stroke and race fuel helps. I would not have experienced it if I didn’t know that you guys were there and are always fun to hang out with. Very glad I went. As for packing up, I always try to help in order to offset the cost of me getting in the way. haha
    ha ha ha, OMG that was freaking awesome, LOL< ha ha ha...

And dude, you werent in the way, not in the least. Shit even if you just sat and hung out in the tent, and didnt lift a finger, you wouldnt be in the way..
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!
    When the FCUK did we get Ice Cream!!!!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best
    2:19.424

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898
    Yes i hold a track record, and NO it will never be broken

Gitmo

brother... it so bad ass... even the session looking at your junk and left leg is awesome!!! You can see the NEW knee puck doing work and hear it against the asphault.
    Last edited by voodoo; 10-03-2011 at 10:28 AM.
    Follow the liter

that is pretty cool, that could be a nice touch in some of the vid you make, just make sure its one of the HIGH speed corners, cuz that is cool
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898

Gitmo

Cool write ups Griff. wish I could have made it. HAve to go see a race sometime.
    "No matter how many mistakes you've made you are ahead of people who aren't trying."

Remember Spd_dmn_05-Brandon Williford

Nice write up man!!! Glad you had a good weekend. Looks like somebody needs to hit the drag strip : Can't wait to ride with you again.
    08 ZX10r
    06 GSXR 750

"Excuses are monuments of nothingness. They build bridges to nowhere. Those who use these tools of incompetence, seldom become anything but nothing at all.” Therefore I will not use Excuses…..

Quote Originally Posted by seatec View Post
    Oh yeah. I hate White people. Can't trust them.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jarhead View Post
    hey don't blame the dealer for your habit................
    Quote Originally Posted by Chameleiana View Post
    If you're so self conscious about being out in public because of your cooter - maybe you need antibiotics rather than overpriced cooter-febreze.

F.B.A. Associate Member Of F.A.R.T.

Glad to her nothing bad happened, wow 110-115 off turn 2!
    Good to hear you had a great time as well.
    Great write up.
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

Congratulations Griff! I heard there were some fast guys up there and you held your own. Glad you had fun.

Thnk camel, bull, Rico and weekend. WW, I don't know if I held anything to them, but there were some fast guys.
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898

Gitmo

Awesome JC! These stories make me wanna get my license SO bad. Do you have any video of your races? Would love to check it out.

Awesome write-up!!

Bikes: 06 GSXR 600 (Chad Wolfe Prepared) suspension!

TRACK JUNKIE

Griff do you always run that many classes ? Thats some serious track time in one day. Also it sounds like all classes are one moto ? good stuff nice to see you out on the track again and racing. Been a while huh.

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    You've really fucked up when they can see it from space.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41...feature=relmfu

yea nice write up! Seemed like MOST had a good time! Sean and Santi got down to 16.0 and 16.1's and James set a new PB of 18.9, Chris and his .19, nice work guys!

I was several seconds off mine, but still getting used to the bike. Had a blast! Just wish Beck would have taken it easy on the tard! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio View Post
    Awesome JC! These stories make me wanna get my license SO bad. Do you have any video of your races? Would love to check it out.
    voo has the video, he said he is going to work on something....

Quote Originally Posted by RCDAVE View Post
    Griff do you always run that many classes ? Thats some serious track time in one day. Also it sounds like all classes are one moto ? good stuff nice to see you out on the track again and racing. Been a while huh.
    Dave, yes i try, my reasoning is that the GT races are 9 lap races, and i run only one of them, the other 4 races are all sprint races, which are only 6 lap races.. So in reality it is only like 5 sessions on a track day, so the track time is less. The pace is quicker, and to be honest, i was more sore yesterday, then when i ride and control ride..... LOL, and yeah, my last race was April 2010..... So it had been a while... Its just too damm expensive, even if you want to be somewhat competitive... Tires are the biggest factor, and the amt of track time.. Sat i only did 4 practice sessions, and as i mentioned, the track was crowded. And next season, they are raising the practice fee to 100 for the day, so a track day is a little more, with a lot more track time.

Quote Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
    yea nice write up! Seemed like MOST had a good time! Sean and Santi got down to 16.0 and 16.1's and James set a new PB of 18.9, Chris and his .19, nice work guys!

I was several seconds off mine, but still getting used to the bike. Had a blast! Just wish Beck would have taken it easy on the tard! lol
    Niner, Sean was flying out there, but that is expected, he is a fast fast guy...
    James really clicked off an 18.9? Wow that is awesome, congrats to him, i know he was flying out there, and i knew about Chris' 19, that was awesome......

How'd you end up over the weekend??
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898

Gitmo

I will at the very least have something on a laptop for people to view on Sunday.

I'm gonna make an attempt at editing some of the pics and video this evening. I have video and pictures of everything from tech inspection to practice, to riders meetings, and races... Along with tons of pics of all the bikes I dug... Yes, a lot of Yamahas and Ducatis.

FWIW... there were only I would say 3 Hondas there. Mostly Yamaha, Ducati, and Gsxrs... A couple SV's and I honestly cant remember seeing a Kawi aside from the chromed out 14 that showed up to watch the race.
    Follow the liter

voo, Justin, the kid we talked to late Sat night, he races a kawi
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898

Gitmo

Quote Originally Posted by griffinzx10 View Post
    Niner, Sean was flying out there, but that is expected, he is a fast fast guy...
    James really clicked off an 18.9? Wow that is awesome, congrats to him, i know he was flying out there, and i knew about Chris' 19, that was awesome......

How'd you end up over the weekend??
    Yea he is fast! Had some grip issues on Saturday, Saturday night we were up till about midnight swapping his stock link back in and changing the rear spring, seemed to work a little better. I will say that BMW is a PITA to work on!!!!!!!!! They may have build a beast of a bike but they did NOT plan on the owner working on it themselves!

Yup, he said he got an 18.8 too, I only saw the 18.9, yea big congrats to him! And think he did 9-10 races! 2 back to backs! I'm tired of working on that R6 too! lol He's definitely got some room to go too! He's still bottoming out his forks, but we changed his shock which he said made a HUGE difference. He gets that front end sorted and I bet you he's doing 18.2's.

My weekend, eh... Beck going down really messed me up a lot but I tried to put it out of my mind. I had a lot of fun! Learned the bike a bit, I have Tim (Hunt) redo the shock and forks last week, so this was my first time riding it hard and it was a COMPLETELY different bike!!!

Struggled with some rear end issues, Sean helped me eliminate some of them. I did 3 races, 2, 6 and 12.

The GTO (9 lap) was fun at first, I am PATHETIC at starts! I need to work on that! I also need to pump myself up some to help me focus, I think I'm just to relaxed when I get out there. So going into T1 I am usually just hanging out... lol

But I did work on getting more aggressive sooner, so GTO was good but around lap 7 my shoulder was in some serious pain, so I kept adjusting my body to help with the shoulder and kept making mistakes. Rather than crash I pitted in. But it was fun.

Race 6, my start was still pathetic (8th row I think), was able to pick off a couple between T1b and T2 and a couple between T2 and T3. So I was moving up nicely. Vaughn got out in front (he's really good with starts! Congrats to him!). I didn't want to lose touch with him, so I was trying to get a couple riders going into T3 so I could stay with him, but I ended up missing T3 apex, which screwed me bad! Ran off in T5. Couldn't get back on the track until EVERYONE passed. So I came out in LAST, was able to catch up and get a pass in so I didn't finish LAST LOL I was happy with that. Got a few 24.0's (still should be doing 21's or better tho )

Race 12 was fun! Had some good battles, but again start killed me, I would get ahead of a group but by then I was out of touch of the next group of riders.

At our trackday this month I'm going to practice some starts! And in our Mock Race we'll see how it goes. If I could catch on the lead group it would have been SOOOO much better. I never felt like I was going fast, I need to push harder!

Quote Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
    Yea he is fast! Had some grip issues on Saturday, Saturday night we were up till about midnight swapping his stock link back in and changing the rear spring, seemed to work a little better. I will say that BMW is a PITA to work on!!!!!!!!! They may have build a beast of a bike but they did NOT plan on the owner working on it themselves!

Yup, he said he got an 18.8 too, I only saw the 18.9, yea big congrats to him! And think he did 9-10 races! 2 back to backs! I'm tired of working on that R6 too! lol He's definitely got some room to go too! He's still bottoming out his forks, but we changed his shock which he said made a HUGE difference. He gets that front end sorted and I bet you he's doing 18.2's.

My weekend, eh... Beck going down really messed me up a lot but I tried to put it out of my mind. I had a lot of fun! Learned the bike a bit, I have Tim (Hunt) redo the shock and forks last week, so this was my first time riding it hard and it was a COMPLETELY different bike!!!

Struggled with some rear end issues, Sean helped me eliminate some of them. I did 3 races, 2, 6 and 12.

The GTO (9 lap) was fun at first, I am PATHETIC at starts! I need to work on that! I also need to pump myself up some to help me focus, I think I'm just to relaxed when I get out there. So going into T1 I am usually just hanging out... lol

But I did work on getting more aggressive sooner, so GTO was good but around lap 7 my shoulder was in some serious pain, so I kept adjusting my body to help with the shoulder and kept making mistakes. Rather than crash I pitted in. But it was fun.

Race 6, my start was still pathetic (8th row I think), was able to pick off a couple between T1b and T2 and a couple between T2 and T3. So I was moving up nicely. Vaughn got out in front (he's really good with starts! Congrats to him!). I didn't want to lose touch with him, so I was trying to get a couple riders going into T3 so I could stay with him, but I ended up missing T3 apex, which screwed me bad! Ran off in T5. Couldn't get back on the track until EVERYONE passed. So I came out in LAST, was able to catch up and get a pass in so I didn't finish LAST LOL I was happy with that. Got a few 24.0's (still should be doing 21's or better tho )

Race 12 was fun! Had some good battles, but again start killed me, I would get ahead of a group but by then I was out of touch of the next group of riders.

At our trackday this month I'm going to practice some starts! And in our Mock Race we'll see how it goes. If I could catch on the lead group it would have been SOOOO much better. I never felt like I was going fast, I need to push harder!
    i know what you mean, starts killed me in all but my last race, i got a better start, but i just wasnt fast enough to hang with James and those guys.... And i agree, i need to get MORE aggressive, and find a way to PUSH myself more to go faster, you get a certain comfort level at your current pace, and then getting your mind wrapped around pushing it can get difficult to go faster.

But sounds like you had a decent weekend, hey, any race weekend you dont crash is a good one...
    Last edited by griffinzx10; 10-04-2011 at 12:37 PM.
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898

Gitmo

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
    I will at the very least have something on a laptop for people to view on Sunday.
    Can't wait to see this tomorrow.
    "No matter how many mistakes you've made you are ahead of people who aren't trying."

Well. I have the intro, practice day, race day practice and first race edited together. Thus far its 20 minutes long. I'm gonna show it off tomorrow and get feedback. I will be putting together an almost all race footage music video now that I figured the software for editing out.
    Follow the liter

Sweet!