Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Fiber!!

Carbon Fiber!!

Hey guys, anyone out there looking to slap on some Carbon fiber fairings for their bike? I'm planning on buying a few 2x2 pieces from Twill Tech. Voo has them on his nanner, and seems to be pleased with them.

The company has loads of pieces for just about every bike, and they're not that expensive as is, but I figured I'd see if anyone else wanted to go in with me.

They have an Ebay store where you can browse most of their stuff. Lemme know if anyone is interested, and we can order them all at once!

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer
    2006 Yamaha R6s ::sold::
    2007 Yamaha R1

I am very happy with twill tech. I've heard mixed reviews about them but I had a great transaction. I'll warn you now... It's not a quick delivery but I had them make all mine fresh because I had to have matching 2x2 twill for all the parts I bought.
    Follow the liter

Taken from their site:

"If for any reason you are unhappy with what you receive within 48 hours of reception you can return the item if you pay for just the shipping back to us and a 10% restocking fee. If the product was damaged during transit, we will file for insurance for you.

There is a 20% re-stocking fee if you want to cancel your pre-sale. There is no surcharge - no added cost minus the difference you need to pay - if you want to upgrade your pre-sale order to ship immediately (if applicable)."

So to return a product there is a 10% restocking fee, but if you cancel your oder they will charge you 20% to "restock" a product that does not exist because they have not made it yet?

At any rate, what kind of time frame were you thinking about making your order... days, weeks, months?
    - Ryan -
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Theodore Roosevelt
    "The Internet has allowed a bunch of dumb people to say dumb things" - Ice T

I have side fairings on my ebay watch list......just holding out right now..i want to be able to put the stock decals on them so my colors flow.......decals ar twice as mich as the fairings

Maybe interested in a front fender for the ZX14, not sure if I want carbon fiber or just go with a ZX10 front fender.

I was actually looking to do my entire bike in carbon fiber. I wonder how it would look !

Beware the cLaW

Jeff
    2009 Yamaha R6S(Totaled)
    2009 Yamaha R6 Raven (Beastin it)

Well give me a time frame you all want to order them. I'm in no particular rush, and I can wait if I know we can get a nice group discount. I've seen them on voos and I love it. So I plan on buying 4 pieces.

I also plan on putting my oem R1 decal on mine as well.. found it for $10 thanks to Manx.

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer
    2007 Yamaha R1

Double post.. dumb phone.
    Last edited by Macho Gang; 09-16-2011 at 03:55 PM.

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer
    2007 Yamaha R1

Hmm. I'll be interested in a front fender/rear hugger for my Gix
    07 SXV550 - The most fun on two wheels.
    08 GSXR600 - Gone for a new car!
    SSR140 Mini Tard - Out of commission
    CR85SM - Sold.

If it's a decent group discount, I might be interested.

Tell ya what.. if you'd like a price quote, anyone who's interested post or pm me what you're curious about, and for what bike and year. Ill contact the company and get a quote and well go from there..

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer
    2007 Yamaha R1

Quote Originally Posted by Macho Gang View Post
    Tell ya what.. if you'd like a price quote, anyone who's interested post or pm me what you're curious about, and for what bike and year. Ill contact the company and get a quote and well go from there..
    ZX10 front fender, for the one that fits the ZX14. I will find the year.

Sent from Atrix4G Mobile
    "Quality vs Quantity in life. We could all learn a lesson here. Live w/the passion Simo raced. Never know when your # is pulled. Ciao Sic" ~Ben Bostrom

Bah, Carbon fiber looks terrible.

Thanks for the useless post count.

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer
    2007 Yamaha R1

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal636 View Post
    Maybe interested in a front fender for the ZX14, not sure if I want carbon fiber or just go with a ZX10 front fender.
    Zx10 fender, perhaps THAT in carbon too.

unliike the ZX14 fender, the 10 will allow you to bump the tire right up to the back of a truck bed or against the trailer (without paint hitting before tire). you'll have to makwe the mounting brackets for the fender as well or find some on the 'net.
    Steve

2010 Concours14 (everyone asks mileage, its now >109,000)
    KTM EXC
    ZX9R
    ZZR600 all lowered and its for Teressa

Quote Originally Posted by geekonamotorcycle View Post
    Blashphemy! lol
    - Ev
    08 GSXR 600, my boo
    Everything looks better from inside a motorcycle helmet

Quote Originally Posted by geekonamotorcycle View Post
    ??? Any piece of my carbon looks better than your whole bike.
    Follow the liter

Thumbs up

Front fender and rear hugger for 09 600 GSXR.
    Adjustable levers, Flash Tune, Flush Mount Signals, Intergrated Tail Light, A & R Race Baffles

Quote Originally Posted by stevewfl;[URL="tel:1128097"
    1128097[/URL]]Zx10 fender, perhaps THAT in carbon too.

unliike the ZX14 fender, the 10 will allow you to bump the tire right up to the back of a truck bed or against the trailer (without paint hitting before tire). you'll have to makwe the mounting brackets for the fender as well or find some on the 'net.
    Yea, I have been following the zx14.com forum you moderate and see the details. I was not convinced this was something I wanted to do but I really need to lighten the bike up in some areas and the front fender is definitely one area i could shed some pounds. I just got my Sargent modular seat with matching passenger seat last night and had my first ride in with it. It's a huge upgrade from stock just simply because of the shape and how it holds you on the bike instead of sliding you forward. I put stomp grips on it too.. doh you got me thread jacking!

I have some blue carbon fiber on the bike im putting together, do they carry that if so I'm in for some.
    It's only fast enough, when it can't go any faster.