Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sport-touring, X-country style

Steve, nothing short of a spectacular trip so far! I’m glad you’re enjoying the ride. Continue to be safe.
    PS. Love the “keep right” notes on the Yam. I had to do the same when I was in St. Croix. It was a helluva thing to try and get used to.
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/PI-STIX-Custom-Rods/204316709715

Thanks!

here's my ride through lower Utah rolling into Vegas today:

Hey when I get 90ish I want to roll just like this guy:

Steve

2010 Concours14 (everyone asks mileage, its now >109,000)
    KTM EXC
    ZX9R
    ZZR600 all lowered and its for Teressa

Spectacular views.
    How are the temp changes from the different altitudes you been at?
    What about gear? Does the rain gear really work well?
    All the rain gear I have worn I get soaked in sweat.
    I am going to plan mine for the august-september time.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

Thanks Rico - Rain Gear has worked splendidly but its a one piece, kind of a pain to take on and off. I planned mine in July for Colorado (warmest month), and still used heated gear wired to the bike!

Temps have been below freezing in the high Rocky Mountains of Colorado, and above 100 here in the desert. Crazy!
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

Rolled into Vegas today and threw dice all night. About break even, maybe down 50.

The bike has been 3700 miles since Saturday, I'll give "it" a break and hang out in Vegas another night.

About throwing dice all night tonight.... of course I took a few pics.

My Favorite place on the main Vegas drag - the Bellagio

My ultimate favorite "locals" place off the main drag

And a stop by here is always suggested while in this town

Please drink many of these, get drunk, gamble loosely. The management.
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

Another of 'Steve's Epic Adventures'. Thank you for sharing your experiences and pictures again. I am sure you get to meet some very intresting people. What a fun trip!!! Enjoy and ride safe. Please keep the pics and updates coming.....
    2 Buells, 1 04 XB12S and 1 XB12R

AM CCS# 331 - 04 Buell XB12R

Great pics once again.
    Wow, temps below freezing! I believe I went in september to mesa verde and it was right around freezing.
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

Quote Originally Posted by FlynScotsman View Post
    Another of 'Steve's Epic Adventures'. Thank you for sharing your experiences and pictures again. I am sure you get to meet some very intresting people. What a fun trip!!! Enjoy and ride safe. Please keep the pics and updates coming.....
    Quote Originally Posted by RICO View Post
    Great pics once again.
    Wow, temps below freezing! I believe I went in september to mesa verde and it was right around freezing.
    Thanks guys, Rico it was cold in the upstate (they had "Alpine Arctic Conditons Warnings"). Mesa Verda was actually when i started to thaw out.

I'me debating a ride out of here across Death Valley before Southern Cal, all the the locals and a few people that sport-tour suggested I don't try that in July.
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

Tire plug lost a little air but held up. I'm in CA. Went up Van Nuys Blvd in North Hollywood, now out at the twisties by "The Rock Store", most famous motorcycle hangout. Jay Leno is there a lot. Trying to find some Bikeland,org fellas in the neighborhood here before I go hang out in the city. Sunset strip is calling my name!

Wow I got some good pics of crazy shyte in the rural Cali desert on the way here I'll post!
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

So how many miles is this trip going to be?

Dunno honestly how many miles this ride will be. its at 4K now since Saturday a week ago. And thats with 2 down days in Vegas.
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

Sun so bright I had to use a CPL polerizer just to see a pic. You know how I am about liking the natural scenes, out in the middle of nowhere desert I saw an intriguing sign that said "go here" so I did. Here is the sign:

Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

Then I got to the most famous motorcycle spot in the world. I'm near the west coast in some GREAT GREAT Cali twisties. But no, jay Leno was not there today!

I did use some of this

Next who knows - visit uncles, meet some people, etc. Then its off to Phoenix to see a special friend from years ago when i lived there
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

you make me wanna go back to Vegas

Man your pictures are getting better and better!
    You are using your new camera right?

What a great thread. I love when folks post up these epic rides. Kudos, keep up the stellar work!
    '71 BMW R75/5
    '75 Honda CB360t
    '93 Ducati 900 SS
    '02 Triumph Daytona 955iSold
    '06 BMW K1200R

Thanks!

So I'm in LA and gentleman from another forum invites me over to his house in Fontana, CA. Damn his lovely wife had the RIBS waiting! Incredible ribs, they said they figured I'd not had a home cooked meal in a while. Phone pic does the ribs no justice.

So even though the guy lives near LA he still takes me on a night tourist ride and we saw a whole lot more than we took pics of.

Remember the show "Dragnet"? Here is that famous building they always had in the show:

Moon shot

The uber-famous hotel

This is the China theatre were all the bigs stars put their hand and feet prints into the side walk

Jennifer Annistons isa the latest and hers was still drying and curing in a mold

My bike literally in the middle of the street

Parking lights on Lee's bike
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

Your photos are beyond awesome!
    Keep the pics coming and thank you for sharing your adventures with us!
    BTW Steve, is that Darth Vader in pic #4 of post #57?
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/PI-STIX-Custom-Rods/204316709715

Nice pictures!
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppaNoDoz View Post
    ApogeeNow - you are more than a little scary man.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jarhead View Post
    Tommy, you really scare me sometimes.
    2007 Plasma Blue ZX-1464
    1464cc Bored & Stroked Motor, Re-Flashed ECU, OER Full Hi-Exhaust,
    SpeedoHealer, FP Velocity Stacks, Under-Cut Gears & No Flies!

2005 Subaru Forester XT (AWD madness!)
    1997 34' Fleetwood Bounder (Chevy Big Block Power at its slowest!)

Feel like we are right there with you. What a great trip man!