Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sport-touring, X-country style

Great pics Steve. Looking forward to more.
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/PI-STIX-Custom-Rods/204316709715

Those are some really nice pics of what looks to be a great trip. I know what you mean about sport touring. I love my Concours! Bought it with 45,200 in sept '08 almost 90,000 on it now..

man steve, you are a RULER!!!! your trips and coverage are killer! Keep safe and keep having fun!
    Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
    whatever... like youve never decapitated a goat and 2 chickens and left them on the beach accidentally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkshear View Post
    Hey man, I look AMAZING in drag. Don't judge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottly View Post
    You're a five gallon bucket of drama. Boo hoo.

Thanks guys! Today was the best day yet. Started with some wild gentleman willing to take me around railing locals roads with 2 mile drop off and no guard rails. Cars been down there 20 years because there's no way to get 'em out! Damn we had fun.

Pics do today no justice. I wanted to be in the snow and I wanted to rail locals roads with no guard rails, today was both. Signs warned us "Arctic Climate" as we got up to 12,000 ft. But here's a sampling of what we got into:

Took one look at us and thought "what are humans doing out here" and went RIGHT back to eating grass

A few more up the road

Steve

2010 Concours14 (everyone asks mileage, its now >109,000)
    KTM EXC
    ZX9R
    ZZR600 all lowered and its for Teressa

I'm jealous, very happy for you that you are enjoying life. Be careful out there. I was super happy to rent a Vstrom and ride San Fransisco to San Luis Obispo and back in 2 days. Yo got me beat by far.
    “I always look for a woman who has a tattoo. I see a woman with a tattoo, and I’m thinking, OK, here’s a gal who’s capable of making a decision she’ll regret in the future.”

Thanks man!

Tomorrow is Aspen, Vail, and most importantly riding the550 Million Dollar HWY (550 Durango).

May call it a night in Cortez, then next day hit lower Utah twisties and the drop by the North Rim of the Grand Canyon with Vegas and LA in my sites.
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

Great pictures.
    I love that area!
    There is an area called Mesa Verde, it is a road that goes around all the high peaks around durango area, very cool!
    Have a buffalo burger while you are out there too.
    Are you staying mostly in hotels, motels, camping or with friends?
    Last edited by RICO; 07-07-2011 at 12:29 AM.
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

Kewl! Hotels thus far, I'll be staying with friends as I get further out west visiting. One of the guys on todays ride offered a stay at his place, but its 2 hours the wrong way I'm going tomorrow.

I was told about Mesa Verde earlier today!
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

Ah Man-
    That is Great!...Awesome Pics!

Amazing!!!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

When riding out there it is never the wrong way! LOL
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

Did all riding today and no pic taking. Aspen, Vail, Breckenridge, Durango, Cortez, Million Dollar HWY, locals roads and more canyons and such then I can remember!

Rico, I'm in the Mesa Verda area but doubt I'll hit that park, I've run Colorado for 2.5 days and over 800 miles, I gotta go!

I did squeeze in a couple of pics on BS stops-

This morning in the upstate:

This evening in the lower left corner of CO where it starts looking like desert

Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

Great pictures!
    Keep them coming.
    Sad to hear you have to leave CO.
    Favorite state.

Where the sweet, salty breeze blows in...
    WOW! Absolutely beautiful out there! You're making me want to disappear for a month...

Thanks Maureen!

UTAH today... too much fun and beauty, and the curves are insane. Along with the monsoons.

Moab jeep boys told me this road is hard packed and would be OK for my bike. ADV stylin' a Connie14

Baby chipmunk size of a mouse kept trying to play when I wanted to take pics so I took her pic.

Took a pic as I had to pull over for rain gear. I rode into that monster and the sheet rain was one thing but the winds about blew me over.

This Australian ADV guy imported a Yamaha Tennier to ride here in the southwest. He run the hell out of the Utah desert with his wife. This bike is set for USA in 2012. Damn it is a sweet ADV bike!

Note all the after market, and that route he is going is the route I came in on....it is EPIC TWISTIES
    Steve

KTM EXC
    ZX9R

I love the "Keep Right" notes. Got to keep that straight for sure.

Very cool pictures.
    Nice way to remember how not to become.....dead.

You're dropping into my territory. Spent two years in the high desert. Love the area. I never got pictures like yours though - superb shots! Stay safe and be aware of how dangerous flash flooding can be when it rains.

Wow, what an epic trip. I am very envious and hope you will share your route with me so I can experience that trip one day.
    Bikeless, for now.

"Keep Right" for the win!!!

Suppose you are an idiot. And suppose you are a member of Congress.
    But I repeat myself. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by pyroman1 View Post
    OK, you are smarter than me.