Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tires...

Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs,,,,161.99 rear after tax ..............front 132.99 after tax
    SAVE A HORSE , RIDE A BUSA
    IM A ITALIAN REDNECK,
    http://www.myspace.com/xavier34fl

I also LOVE my Pilot Power

screw them all.

Pereilli Diablo Corsa III

These tires rock snap and i both swear by them. I CAN'T get them to break loose and trust me i have tried.
    America Is All About Speed, Hot, Nasty, Badass Speed"
    -Elenor Rosevelt

R.A.M. - Official Pulp Fiction Style Gimp

There is an excellent write up in this months Sport Rider Mag, that compares Dunlop VS Michelin tires from Sport Touring all the way to Slicks.. Great article, and great info...

In short, tire mainly depend on WHAT TYPE OF RIDING YOU DO...
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!
    When the FCUK did we get Ice Cream!!!!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best
    2:19.424

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898
    Yes i hold a track record, and NO it will never be broken

Gitmo

Who has the cheapest price on a PP rear for my bike?

180/55-ZR-17 is what I'm looking for. ; )

Quote Originally Posted by griffinzx10
    There is an excellent write up in this months Sport Rider Mag, that compares Dunlop VS Michelin tires from Sport Touring all the way to Slicks.. Great article, and great info...

In short, tire mainly depend on WHAT TYPE OF RIDING YOU DO...
    Very well said.

Tire choices have a lot to do w. what kind of riding you do. For instance: Those of you who do a lot of commuting, and use your bikes predominantly for commuting from home ->work -> home, a set of Pilot Roads will fair much better than a set of track oriented tires, ie: Pirelli Diablos. And of course, vice versa.

You just have to buy according to what you're using them for, and not what you hear others say. A good example, albeit a bit excessive, lies in the MotoGP racers. They use all sorts of compounds to race...its all about style.

That said, you really can't go wrong w. any of the aforementioned tires. M1's M3's, Pilot Powers, Diablos... they're all very high rated tires.
    "Ask before you assume. Know before you judge. Think before you speak."

Just replaced my Metzler RoadTrac rear tire with a Michilen Pilot Road tire, and I absolutely love it. I got the "Road" tire because my bike is my daily rider and I'm looking to get a little more life out of it than normal....we'll see how that turns out.

If you're not on Pilot Powers, you're on crappy tires.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rider
    If you're not on Pilot Powers, you're on crappy tires.
    GUESS HALF OF THE AMA FIELD DOESNT KNOW SHIT THEN RIGHT?CUZ MOST OF THEM RUN DUNLOPS!
    "YOU ARE THE ONLY LIMIT THATS CONTROLLING YOUR BIKE"

"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"

If You Like Dunops You Should Try Out The Qualifiers I Had A Set And They Were Great

i personally love the pilot powers, get great response out of them and they handle great but they wear fast, now im running the m3's and love them they are not quite as good in the turns as the pp's but seem to hold up longer

icon gixxer runs the corsa front and rear and has had great feedback about the tires ,i guess its all in ur personal preference and riding style

Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa Radial Track Day/Race Rear Tire
    They come in Super Soft....Soft ....& ...Med
    These are DOT approved track tires

I also like the tread pattern on this tire

Avon AV46 Azaro-ST Sport Touring Radial Rear Tires

"Strength thru peace of heart, Peace thru strength of mind" LB
    "Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation." BL

Are there any rear tires that I can get more like 10k+ miles?

The only tires that will last 10k or more are going to be touring tires.

Michellin has their new "Pilot Roads" out...dual compound, sticky sides & hard (touring) center. Expensive, but supposed to get 8,000 +

i use the pp 2cts and love em

I have PP2ct's.. and love them.. as for feed back.. I've been able to tell when the back of my bike is starting to spin or slide.. The front's been like glue.. Go's where I put it..

I may try the Corsa 3's on my next set of tires.. just to say i've tried them..

you can't really go wrong with either tire for N runs.. just a matter of what tire you like best..

I'm on my 5th set in 11,000+ miles since new:
    1. OEM Dunlop Qualifiers 190/55/17 Too hard/sucked for me 3000 miles?
    2. michelin 2cts 190/50/17 3100 miles (recall front took alot of weight/vibrated) handling changed when rear wore flatspot
    3. metzeler racetech SC2 190/55/17 2200 miles (steered slower but felt GLUED to the road.) Stay away from rain with these.
    4. pirelli dragon supercorsa pro SC2 190/55/17 just 1200 miles and wanted a change,(they had about 1000 miles left I think) . The carcass feels a little stiffer than the racetech. more tread on these than the racetechs. suspension was just reset so comparisons not that good. these pirellis steer quick like the 2cts. (dragons expensive), i didn't like these on the street.
    5.bridgestone BT002 RS racing/street 190/55-17 1 trackday at a slow pace and 600 mi. street so far. I like these much better than the dragons. They are a lot cheaper at 275.00/set. The front tire steers very well. Rear tire isn't as tall as the racetech or dragon. These are excellent street tires except they have limited tread for riding rain. I think the racetechs sc2 are the tire for me/street or track. I only do recreational rides, though. No commuting. They're not cheap at 375.00/set and only last about 2300 miles, but they are very predictable/forgiving to me and I feel better pushing my limits with the metzeler racetechs.

The pilot roads ct2's? look interesting.
    Talk to riders with a similar bike as yours and ask.
    Last edited by pizzaman; 05-16-2008 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MixerMike View Post
    Are there any rear tires that I can get more like 10k+ miles?
    i got 13k out of my pilot powers on my '99 F4. And would have got atleast 15 if it werent for a nail.

I was riding fairly conservative on them for awhile as this is my first bike.

I love my PP they have yet to let me down and they ride great.
    Last edited by PoorBoyBrian; 01-13-2008 at 08:28 PM.

Which tires to get?

I need new tires soon and wondering what type is the best to go with. What do ya'll suggest?