You may be a new member, perhaps you've been here a while and you keep asking yourself "does anyone on this forum actually ride? If they do, I don't see a whole lot of stuff about their rides posted." Well my friend, you are in luck, we DO ride - lots of us ride lots and lots and lots of miles. Some of us are putting down over 500 miles on our sportbikes in a given weekend.
Still, you may be wondering "if all this riding is going on why am I not seeing it?"
Well, friend, it's simple. We don't know you and we haven't decided whether or not to invite you to a ride or not. You may be a great guy or gal, but frankly this is the internet and odds are REALLY good that SOME of you reading this right now are exactly the kind of people we want to avoid.
- How to tell if we don't want you - are you one of those:
- People who can't seem to find the proper gear to wear to a ride
- People who show up high to a ride
- People who show up drunk to a ride
- People who think a ride with friends is a race and are super excited to prove how fast they are - whether it kills you, them, or someone else doesn't matter
- People who don't seem capable of shutting the fck up about the ride, the route, where they went and what happened when they got there
- People generally drama prone or otherwise immature
So - you may be asking yourself "How do I show that I am NOT that type of person?" Here are some tips:
- Show up at open rides, the ones that are announced
- Don't be an asshole when you get there, enjoy the ride, have fun, smile a lot and introduce yourself
- Don't feel the need to announce to the entire world the route, the speed and your awesome chicken strip inducing corner exit speeds
Other ways include:
- Show up at meet and greets
- Be wearing a modicum of gear when you get there
- Don't be an asshole, enjoy the company, have fun
- Don't feel the need to announce how fast you are, how awesome a rider you are, and how you're absolutely, positively NOT a cop
- NOT doing dumb shit on the board
- NOT griping about your girlfriend, boyfriend, tranny, midget, whatever that has now left you and moved on to greener pastures - that's YOUR problem, friend, we don't care
- NOT bitching about stupid shit that doesn't matter
- NOT being a drama queen
- NOT being a hater / pansy / delicate little flower we all have to worry about offending
- NOT Declaring to everyone that you're new in town, looking for the hotspots to ride and stunt and you're absolutely, positively NOT a cop
I hope this helps - enjoy your time here and with any luck we'll see you on the road . . . or never hear from you again.