Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678

Thread: Let's End These Deaths!

So what should we do when we get to Tallahassee? I mean there is not a reason to drive to the steps of the capitol building and sit. The building can't change the laws, the people inside are the ones you need to get an audience with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Bizniss View Post
    I let Busta teach me, and 90% of the time he is the only one I ride with. I am too new at the sport to Adopt a rider yet.. I guess there is not enough of a need to do something about it.. I rest my case.
    you are resting your case on the statement that there is not enough need? I thought your case was that there was? Did you go from defense attorney to prosecuting?

I think the issue is that people (kids almost litterally) jump on a bike to satisfy their need for speed, and impress people. They talk of wanting to ride like it is "in their souls" yet most of them have never sat on a motorcycle aside from a dealer lot. Take the time, put in the seat time, get the knowledge! Its like any other sport! You can TRY to fake it, but the noobs are soon exposed!

Want to stop getting killed on the road?

Act responsibly, stop racing all over the place at 000 speeds!
    Stop doing dumb bonehead things in traffic like lane splitting, and riding in the breakdown lane
    Wear gear and wear it all the time!
    Just obey the laws of the road, and it will get better.....

Hope that it helps?
    Last edited by Reckless01; 09-14-2010 at 09:41 AM.
    2006 R1 Raven (Black Betty)..... And yet another project.....

Member of F.A.R.T

I say this, accidents happen. The suck park is we are on the bad side, 450 pounds of bike vs 2 tons of car do the math. All accidents suck and most truely all are just acciedents they dont mean to kill people. Education is the issue drivers and riders. I see people bitching cagers, cagers, cagers, but then bikes start weiving traffic and then bitch car cut them off. They really may not have seen you. I ride and there has been many times I see a bike flying through traffic and think I hope a car yanks out in front of him and gives him a reality check. Think if you are in a 45 speed limit area and are doing 60mph by the time people check and pull out you maybe on top of them. I say you want to fix the "Death" issue we all need to look in the mirror every morning and start there. You cant complain the gun went off, if you dont have the safety on.
    You can't appreciate sitting with God til you have danced with the Devil

merged with an older thread about this, some who are posting on here might want to catch up with what has been discussed previously
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!
    When the FCUK did we get Ice Cream!!!!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best
    2:19.424

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898
    Yes i hold a track record, and NO it will never be broken

Gitmo

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by BobTheBiker View Post
    the fact of the matter is, rallying isnt going to help any. get out and frikkin VOTE.
    Can't agree with this more...Jay, are you a registered voter?

If not, get registered and take some friends with you...You'll get much more accomplished as a group in in a voters box than you could ever do riding to Tally and sitting outside a building waiting for someone to come out and talk to you...
    Last edited by Papa Jon; 09-14-2010 at 09:54 AM.
    _________________ ____
    |--Papa Jon Racing--| | ; |____.
    |_..._...__________| _|..........|
    "(@)'(@)"""""|(@)(@)*****(@)

CCS #19

Quote Originally Posted by all in View Post
    I say this, accidents happen. The suck park is we are on the bad side, 450 pounds of bike vs 2 tons of car do the math. All accidents suck and most truely all are just acciedents they dont mean to kill people. Education is the issue drivers and riders. I see people bitching cagers, cagers, cagers, but then bikes start weiving traffic and then bitch car cut them off. They really may not have seen you. I ride and there has been many times I see a bike flying through traffic and think I hope a car yanks out in front of him and gives him a reality check. Think if you are in a 45 speed limit area and are doing 60mph by the time people check and pull out you maybe on top of them. I say you want to fix the "Death" issue we all need to look in the mirror every morning and start there. You cant complain the gun went off, if you dont have the safety on.
    AMEN brother!@
    2006 R1 Raven (Black Betty)..... And yet another project.....

Member of F.A.R.T

Quote Originally Posted by griffinzx10 View Post
    merged with an older thread about this, some who are posting on here might want to catch up with what has been discussed previously
    I totally want to have you father my children . . . .
    Headstone Reads "Just . . a little bit . . . MORE"

Facebook
    Motorcycle Photos & Stories

How about we try to have FDOT display a "Watch out for Motorcycles' message on those amber/silver alert message board all along the high ways. Usually they are blank anyway.
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

Accidents happen, and they are just that, an accident. No one is out to get you. most of the time, as it has already been stated, people take out themselves. There will always be idiots on the road, no law can change that. There are distractions everywhere and people just dont look. I'd say about 90% of accidents can be avoided. As for the other 10%, some pray, some rely on luck. I'll push my luck.
    "Never argue with stupid people. They will bring you down to their level, and beat you with their experience."

Quote Originally Posted by seatec View Post
    How about we try to have FDOT display a "Watch out for Motorcycles' message on those amber/silver alert message board all along the high ways. Usually they are blank anyway.
    They actually do put that up sometimes on 417 in Orlando. Though hardly anyone rides that road except the north leg of it, but I have seen it there. They should do it around Tampa too. I always see motorcycles no matter what the driving conditions are.
    "No matter how many mistakes you've made you are ahead of people who aren't trying."

Remember Spd_dmn_05-Brandon Williford

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    They actually do put that up sometimes on 417 in Orlando. Though hardly anyone rides that road except the north leg of it, but I have seen it there. They should do it around Tampa too. I always see motorcycles no matter what the driving conditions are.
    It would make sense to display the message where there is a high concentration of Riders.
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

in a flooded out shack in Dunedin with M.E.
    Quote Originally Posted by seatec View Post
    It would make sense to display the message where there is a high concentration of Riders.
    My first post in a long time thanks to a crackberry update and a break in an overly hectic life!

Anyway, I must agree with Steve, Scott and Seatec with experience, and awareness being critical things to help keep us alive and safe. However, we must each also take personal responsibility when we get on two or four wheels, as we should know our personal limitations and be able to check our egos at the curb BEFORE we start the motor. That is where I also agree with legislation to restrict CCs until riders have proven themselves to be more capable to handle the responsibility... And also for those who willfully and negligently take us out.

There is safety and security in numbers, and riding with a few close friends does help, but also joining lobbyists like the AMA brings further awareness through ad campaigns and legal channels.

Stay safe out there!
    Donna
    Quote Originally Posted by xavier31fl
    road trip to oz?...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCane on 1/14/07
    donna always made a point to ride anything with wheels, so it was called ho'ing
    Yep! That's why I am called the "Bike Ho".

Nice to see you're still around here. havent seen you in a LONG time. I do agree though.
    I'm Nico now. Still slowly moving up.

Boredom leads to bad things.... don't ask how I know.

I consider this to be the most important and significant aspect of riding.

Personal responsibility.

I travel down to Tampa & Tarpon Springs once every few weeks now and I have to say that I still see riders acting foolishly.

In fact, I'm utterly disgusted by the way people drive in the greater Tampa area, especially the killing fields of US 19.

I'm doing ten over the limit and getting passed like I'm in reverse.

It is in our own hands.

We are not perfect. We make mistakes.

Please consider the Risk-to-Reward Ratio before you do something you will regret.

I call it the Risk-to-Reward Ratio. RTRR for short.

On the road, if you are planning a risky maneuver, consider the reward you will receive. If you accelerate through that small gap between the cars, the risk is you will cause a crash and possibly injur someone innocent or yourself. What is the reward? You arrive at your destination 30 seconds sooner? You are one car-length ahead of where you just were? Consider the image you just burned into the minds of everyone who just witnessed your maneuver.

The risk was high and the reward was small. That's a bad Risk-to-Reward Ratio.

Consider riding thoughtfully of the traffic, alert, aware, nimble, and agile. The risk is small to ride like that. Flow with traffic, don't fight through it. Use the natural patterns and rhythms of the traffic to your advantage. Watch for days, act only with direct intent and precision. Plan your move 30 seconds in advance. The risk is minimal but the reward is great. That's a good Risk-to-Reward Ratio. You will arrive at your destination in one piece, your bike will be just as pretty as it was when you started your trip, you will be able to see your family, and you won't hurt someone innocent.

Responsibility starts with each of us. Be the example out there. Let others learn from your example.

I love you guys. Be safe.
    Last edited by Wicked1; 12-21-2010 at 11:59 PM. Reason: typo
    The Wicked1
    "Do you want to see a donkey show?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked1 View Post
    I consider this to be the most important and significant aspect of riding.

Personal responsibility.

I travel down to Tampa & Tarpon Springs once every few weeks now and I have to say that I still see riders acting foolishly.

In fact, I'm utterly disgusted by the way people drive in the greater Tampa area, especially the killing fields of US 19.

I'm doing ten over the limit and getting passed like I'm in reverse.

It is in our own hands.

We are not perfect. We make mistakes.

Please consider the Risk-to-Reward Ratio before you do something you will regret.

I call it the Risk-to-Reward Ratio. RTRR for short.

On the road, if you are planning a risky maneuver, consider the reward you will receive. If you accelerate through that small gap between the cars, the risk is you will cause a crash and possibly injur someone innocent or yourself. What is the reward? You arrive at your destination 30 seconds sooner? You are one car-length ahead of where you just were? Consider the image you just burned into the minds of everyone who just witnessed your maneuver.

The risk was high and the reward was small. That's a bad Risk-to-Reward Ratio.

Consider riding thoughtfully of the traffic, alert, aware, nimble, and agile. The risk is small to ride like that. Flow with traffic, don't fight through it. Use the natural patterns and rhythms of the traffic to your advantage. Watch for days, act only with direct intent and precision. Plan your move 30 seconds in advance. The risk is minimal but the reward is great. That's a good Risk-to-Reward Ratio. You will arrive at your destination in one piece, your bike will be just as pretty as it was when you started your trip, you will be able to see your family, and you won't hurt someone innocent.

Responsibility starts with each of us. Be the example out there. Let others learn from your example.

I love you guys. Be safe.
    ^^^^
    Good stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppaNoDoz View Post
    ApogeeNow - you are more than a little scary man.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jarhead View Post
    Tommy, you really scare me sometimes.
    2007 Plasma Blue ZX-1464
    1464cc Bored & Stroked Motor, Re-Flashed ECU, OER Full Hi-Exhaust,
    SpeedoHealer, FP Velocity Stacks, Under-Cut Gears & No Flies!

2005 Subaru Forester XT (AWD madness!)
    1997 34' Fleetwood Bounder (Chevy Big Block Power at its slowest!)