Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's End These Deaths!

Let's End These Deaths!

I'm calling for a rally! I'm calling for a mass-movement! I'm calling for an ALL-OUT WAR on motorcycle deaths!

Tell everyone you know! Post it on ALL FORUMS!

We are SICK and TIRED of seeing our friends and family die on bikes!

I propose a statewide movement of awareness, originated by us, the riders. We need to work together to reach out to motorcyclists everywhere and anywhere we can. We need to reach them and tell them to slow down and be safe. We need to stress unity in the riding world. We are all brethren (even our sisters).

Summer is only just beginning and we are seeing daily deaths. Motorcyclists driving erradically in heavy traffic...riders wheelie-ing 2-up...riders with no gear on...riders fleeing from police...etc.

This isn't right and we can help stop it. Peer pressure is a powerful tool. Let's use it. Beat it into your fellow riders...you know which ones need this and which ones are already responsible.

From now, through the end of August, let's put forth a massive effort to talk to other bikers. If you see a guy in the Publix parking lot roll up on a bike, strike up a conversation and tell him that you're spreading the word that riders all over Florida are participating in a "Ride Safe" program. Encourage him/her to wear all the gear and ride responsibly.

Be a mother. Be a father. If they don't like it, oh well. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain from spreading the word. If you can change a fellow rider's mind, you may have saved his/her life.

Let's do this! I'm going to! These deaths are too much for me to take! It makes me sick! They die for doing something so stupid! "They should've known better than to ride like that under those conditions," should not be a phrase any of us ever utters.

It will have an affect!
    The Wicked1
    "Do you want to see a donkey show?"

You and migs are on the same mission...

http://www.tampasportbikes.com/forum...3625#post63625

2005 Yamaha YZF-R1
    (
    Revised)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaNu1142 View Post
    My mom gave me crabs when I was a kid.

Thumbs up

I'm all for this...

Start by getting a tiered licensing system...If you're under a certain age, you're not allowed to get a large cc bike...The older you get, the bigger cc bike you can have...

Also, it's required that you take a safety course and have your endorsement before you are allowed to purchase a bike...That'll slow down deaths by the thousands...
    _________________ ____
    |--Papa Jon Racing--| | ; |____.
    |_..._...__________| _|..........|
    "(@)'(@)"""""|(@)(@)*****(@)

CCS #19

I'm going to go ahead and Hi-Jack the thread here - has anyone here taken the Experienced Riders Course, I was told at the Basic Course, that after about 3,000 miles you should be well prepared for it.......

I'm nearly at 4,000 miles now - and think I'd be a better rider if I took it, who's with me?

Moved this to Mig's post.
    Last edited by PoppaNoDoz; 06-12-2006 at 12:04 PM.
    Headstone Reads "Just . . a little bit . . . MORE"

Facebook
    Motorcycle Photos & Stories

Quote Originally Posted by MianoSM
    I'm going to go ahead and Hi-Jack the thread here - has anyone here taken the Experienced Riders Course, I was told at the Basic Course, that after about 3,000 miles you should be well prepared for it.......

I'm nearly at 4,000 miles now - and think I'd be a better rider if I took it, who's with me?
    Once both bikes are running again The_B!tch and I are going to. Lets talk next week at Gators. I'm going to talk to the instructors at where I took my beginers class and see about booking a whole session I know a few people who have talked about doing this and think we can round up enough people.

The thing is between getting the bikes fixed and a trip I have planned coming up I don't think we can do it till mid/end July.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaNu1142 View Post
    My mom gave me crabs when I was a kid.

Works perfect for me - this wk I have work - so next week at Gators sounds good. : )

I'll be out the first week of July for a trip up to my hometown. : )

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by The _Jarhead
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked1
    I'm calling for a rally! I'm calling for a mass-movement! I'm calling for an ALL-OUT WAR on motorcycle deaths!

Tell everyone you know! Post it on ALL FORUMS!

We are SICK and TIRED of seeing our friends and family die on bikes!

I propose a statewide movement of awareness, originated by us, the riders. We need to work together to reach out to motorcyclists everywhere and anywhere we can. We need to reach them and tell them to slow down and be safe. We need to stress unity in the riding world. We are all brethren (even our sisters).

Summer is only just beginning and we are seeing daily deaths. Motorcyclists driving erradically in heavy traffic...riders wheelie-ing 2-up...riders with no gear on...riders fleeing from police...etc.

This isn't right and we can help stop it. Peer pressure is a powerful tool. Let's use it. Beat it into your fellow riders...you know which ones need this and which ones are already responsible.

From now, through the end of August, let's put forth a massive effort to talk to other bikers. If you see a guy in the Publix parking lot roll up on a bike, strike up a conversation and tell him that you're spreading the word that riders all over Florida are participating in a "Ride Safe" program. Encourage him/her to wear all the gear and ride responsibly.

Be a mother. Be a father. If they don't like it, oh well. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain from spreading the word. If you can change a fellow rider's mind, you may have saved his/her life.

Let's do this! I'm going to! These deaths are too much for me to take! It makes me sick! They die for doing something so stupid! "They should've known better than to ride like that under those conditions," should not be a phrase any of us ever utters.

It will have an affect!
    can i get an AMEN!!!!!! i have done this since my first accident!!!!! but one lone motorcycleist doesnt seem to even put a dent in their ego, get a ton of motorcycleists together.. i say we have a meet at all the bike nights at quaker stake, and biff burger, i can bring my gear, and my pictures as an example to them to show how mutch the road can tear apart on an average 45mph crash!!! i have posted my pics on numerous boards to show everybody, and some boards just treated me like a lowsy piece of shit and told me to "get off my board you gear nazi"(mainly harley/cruiser boards did this), and others seemed to thank me for posting them.
    Q: what do you do if your girlfriend starts smoking?
    A: slow down and add lube.

{{{>======<}}} <,((((><}

how about getting rid of the stupid "no helmet required law" for a start.

Luckily I'll be working for the Hillsborough/Polk County Dept of Health as a full time employee in the next couple months...right now Im interning. I'll be working on chronic diseases prevention most likely, BUT I'm sure Ill have the connections to make a push for traffic safety laws if need be. (my degree that Im getting in epidemiology this fall pretty much covers all spectrums)

My current supervisor did a study on the increase of m/c deaths since that law went into effect. Those numbers (with a little updating) in addition to support from other riders would definately be a start in getting something done. Its already something Im interested in doing, and if you guys want, Ill get the ball rolling...

i wrote Jeb Busch about these deaths and some ideas about how to help prevent them, he replied, and asked to talk on the phone and he said was very interested in my ideas, wanted me to call his representitives to further discuss this topic!

if anybody has ideas or something they want me to say to him, spue them my way!!
    Last edited by xb9sx_rider; 06-14-2006 at 02:03 AM.

{{{>======<}}} <,((((><}

Quote Originally Posted by xb9sx_rider
    i wrote Jeb Busch about these deaths and some ideas about how to help prevent them, he replied, and asked to talk on the phone and he said was very interested in my ideas, wanted me to call his representitives to further discuss this topic!

if anybody has ideas or something they want me to say to him, spue them my way!!
    Definitely mention some kind of tiered cc system and mandatory training. Ask him whats up with the no helmet law? A seatbelt but no helmet? Might consider some kind of petition with signatures stating proof that you have a whole lot of riders behind you! Or, maybe a conference call? Congratulations dude! Good job! Represent!

Migs come over here.
    Last edited by FrankC; 06-14-2006 at 07:15 AM.

just another reason why i pulled my bike off the street.

Get rid of no helmets and write the new law like military motorcycle regs say it... licence, safety class, long pants, jacket, full fingered gloves, helmetm eye protection, over the ankle shoes, etc... and to all that would contest that... nobody ever plans to get into an accident so always wear all your gear, no excuses... oh yeah that goes for passengers too.

Simple is easy... the tiered cc idea is an excelent idea too
    Last edited by jbla23; 06-14-2006 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbla23
    Get rid of no helmets and write the new law like military motorcycle regs say it... licence, safety class, long pants, jacket, full fingered gloves, helmetm eye protection, over the ankle shoes, etc... and to all that would contest that... nobody ever plans to get into an accident so always wear all your gear, no excuses... oh yeah that goes for passengers too.

Simple is easy... the tiered cc idea is an excelent idea too

Not to mention in addition to what he said above. That is exactly what you have to do in Japan if you are a civilian or military. Well the Americans do. That plus you have to wear a reflective fest even in the day time and have insurance on your bike, take a safety course. You dont do this you dont ride. Over there even if they have experience you cant ride a passanger until after a year of having your bike. Okinawa are hard asses but you rarely saw a wreck with motorcycles and that is what is pretty much over there because the traffic is so conjested. An island not that big with over a million people on it.

I think this is an excellent thing ya'll are planning wish I could be a part of it. But will do my part up here.
    ~The sh!t you hear about me Might be true, but then again it could be as fake as the B!tch that told you!~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

every can do their part now!, just write your feelings and send them to this e-mail address: Internet.FHP@hsmv.state.fl.us

{{{>======<}}} <,((((><}

Awesome!, I just got home from work - and on the way I met up with a fellow 06 GSXR rider.....I see it's a 1k though cause it doesn't have the shorty exhaust....he's got the helmet on which is cool - but just a t-shirt.....I say "hey man, hows it going?", he says good....ask about the bike...."uhhh, it's my first bike"....great choice.....I can see that dealerships care about safety more then they care about bottom line dollars and thickening up their wallets - refered him to the site though, maybe he'll read this. : )

Did you ask about where his jacket and gloves were? I would have asked flat out and told him if he was smart he would go buy some right now

Please allow me to reiterate my stand on this subject. I want to increase awareness of the importance of wearing gear within the motorcycling community by word-of-mouth, not through legislation.

Politicians always seem to mess everything up. They write contradictory laws and keep people guessing.

I would like to see dealers take more responsibility toward selling the right bike to the right customer (no more busas to newbies).

I would like to see motorcyclists encouraging each other to wear all the safety gear.

The changes I would like to see made are just these two:
    1. Mandatory Training (MSF)
    2. Tiered licensing system

Too much legislation could have a snafu effect.
    The Wicked1
    "Do you want to see a donkey show?"