Thread: Safety Recall for Honda and Yamaha

Safety Recall for Honda and Yamaha

This was forwarded to me from our legislative trustee in our ABATE chapter... just thought I'd share.

Yamaha and Honda are recalling motorcycles the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said could cause crashes.
    HONDA RECALL: 2002 VTX1800 manufactured between August 14 and October 4, 2001. The component to be replaced is the swing arm which may not have been properly welded. The swing arm could break while riding causing the rider to lose control, possibly resulting in a crash. Honda will notify owners and dealers will inspect the weld and, if necessary, replace the swing arm free of charge. This safety recall is expected to begin on or about September 25, 2009. Potentially 688 motorcycles may be affected. Owners of the 2002 Honda VTX1800 can contact Honda Motorcycle customer service at 1-866-784-1870.
    YAMAHA RECALL: Three different models for the 2005 model year; the Yamaha FJR1300, the Yamaha FZS600, and the Yamaha YZF-R1. The component in all three models is the throttle position sensor which could cause the engine to stall and which could result in a crash. Yamaha will notify owners and replace the throttle position sensor free of charge. The safety recall is expected to begin on or about October 7, 2009. Potentially 180 motorcycles may be affected. Owners of these three 2005 models of Yamaha can contact Yamaha at 1-714-761-7300.
    For more information about these and other recalls, visit the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s, www.safercar.gov, or call their safety hotline, 1-888-327-4236.
    '01 RC51

"Got a ticket? Get a good law firm, that you can afford."
    Prepaidlegal

Whathefack?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

I think admin got it taken care of Rico.
    Follow the liter

All I see is someone pointing out that there are recalls that the Mfg's are wanting to repair.
    2006 R1 Raven (Black Betty)..... And yet another project.....

Member of F.A.R.T

THere was a spammer in the thread yesterday.
    Follow the liter

oh....ok didn't see it
    2006 R1 Raven (Black Betty)..... And yet another project.....

Member of F.A.R.T

clutch shudder recall for 08 cbr 1000rr too

Go Yamaha!
    < N > RUN ?