Thread: Scorpio SR-i500 Alarm

Scorpio SR-i500 Alarm

Ok... Well I'm in the market for yet another goody that might make for a group buy.

Here's what it is; http://www.scorpioalarms.com/sr-i500.aspx

The all-new SR-i500 is the first two-way FM security system designed specifically for the motorcycle industry. By utilizing High Frequency RF technology, it is capable of sending and receiving data from up to ½ mile away from the motorcycle. The miniature handheld transceiver incorporates an interactive LCD display that instantly confirms all commands and alarm triggers with easy to understand icons and text.
    Security features include:
    · Dual axis accelerometer – detects impact and inclination
    · Waterproof design meets OEM specifications
    · Selectable audible/vibrating alerts
    · Integrated 125 dB programmable multi-tone siren
    · Violation display with time stamp
    · Range Confirmation Signal (RCS)
    · Available factory plug-in connector kits

2005 Yamaha YZF-R1
    (
    Revised)

+1

I have one and am pretty satisfied with it. The remote though on mine seems to be worn out cause I have to mess with it to get it to arm or disarm it.
    I also have a spare 05 CBR 1000rr factory connection harness for $20, unopened.

I know it's a bit pricey, but I would opt for the Phantom Tracking Motorcycle Security System.
    www.phantomtracking.com

The features like crash detection, real time notification and tracking make it well worth the money IMHO.
    I know Ryan @ Pure Acceleration Sells it and has the best price around.
    Last edited by The_Jarhead; 05-31-2006 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaNu1142 View Post
    My mom gave me crabs when I was a kid.

Bump

2005 Yamaha YZF-R1
    (
    Revised)

liquid_iq Guest
    link changed for the i-500

http://www.scorpioalarms.com/product...e/sr-i500_trs6

383.95 for me with the fancy new remote, custom wiring harness and 3-stage microwave motion detector.

sorry to say, but i got it for $320 shipped off of ebay. it took 18 days to get here, that's 15 days after my bike was stolen, but it was free shipping!

Ebay is nice but why buy from Ebay when you could get the same price locally and have it in just a couple of days? I could of had the alarm to you in 2 days.

I bought the scorpio and wow the range super sucks ... not worth $300 IMHO. Better off with the $80 gorilla as mine pretty much is useless with the paging feature unless I'm within 50' of the bike. Yes the antenna is installed correctly. Maybe that other one is better (phantom)

Quote Originally Posted by PUREACCELERATION
    Ebay is nice but why buy from Ebay when you could get the same price locally and have it in just a couple of days? I could of had the alarm to you in 2 days.

How much for the Phantom Tracking??

PM sent to R6Chick

What price are we looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by R6Chick
    How much for the Phantom Tracking??
    Ditto that question. I wouldn't mind having The Ghost Who Walks look after my bike, if I could afford it.
    "the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
    -- Herman Goering

ryan i would like a price on that phantom.for two bikes.
    THE ONLY THING WRONG WITH COMMON SENSE IS, ITS NOT VERY COMMON!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bastion72
    I have one and am pretty satisfied with it. The remote though on mine seems to be worn out cause I have to mess with it to get it to arm or disarm it.
    I also have a spare 05 CBR 1000rr factory connection harness for $20, unopened.
    My casing actually cracked and the antenna broke off - I called them and they sent me a brand new case (out of warranty) for FREE including free shipping - I called Friday afternoon and I had it in my mail box Monday!
    Don't be an Organ Donor. Wear a Helmet!
    My Space

Can you please PM me your prices for both of those systems Ryan?

Thanks.

yo...im would like a price for the phantom as well........pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

this is a really old post guys...
    WTF645RR
    facebook.com/sytrept

Sorry to dig up old threads...but I'd really pricing from some local dealers because I don't want my bike to get stolen. This area is horrible for it.

I was considering starting a new thread, but I figured that this one has a decent amount of info in it already about models, etc.

I hope no one cares.