Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chatterbox GMRS X1 with Bluetooth

distance isnt the issue, I am thinking about using it while riding with the wife. how is sound quality and function, my biggest concerns are connecting with phone, with a passenger or another rider.

at Sub-80MPH there isnt any problems....after that, you get a little wind noise, but im sure if she is on the back of your bike, still no problem.... i dont have the 2way version, only the bluetooth version with the FM radio. From what ive been told, eveything is A-ok. i have no problem connection with my Iphone. or with my old Metro POS phone.
    2006CBR600RR

Just giving everyone a heads up. The 3 of us that were confirmed to get the Chatterbox came across a deal that was in stock so we jumped on it I'm still in the process of finding out if anyone from school wants to be in on the group buy, but us 3 are out. I'll post up later if I find out for sure of anyone else that wants in. And I'll be giving them by tomorrow. Don't wanna drag this out for too long.

Oh and the Scala Rider is great and works perfectly (I was using the very first one that came out years ago, it's bluetooth only). You could hear everything crystal clear, but once you get to about 80mph then you might as well turn it off :/ As for the Q2, it's even better, but it can only be paired up with a max of 2 other units total. So in my case that was kinda pointless. I'd recommend just getting the Chatterbox so that you'll already have one just in case you end up riding with other people that have one too. Then you could even buy another basic headset for like $50 for your passenger and have them connect directly to yours and you'll be good to go
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull View Post
    It is a pretty accurate description when you think about it

I mean you weight what about a buck 20, and you do ride a busa..

Any word yet?

My bad forgot to post up again. No one else from my school said that they wanted the Chatterbox. Sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull View Post
    It is a pretty accurate description when you think about it

I mean you weight what about a buck 20, and you do ride a busa..

newenough.com has it for $280.50 and they normally do free shipping
    Last edited by echoraven; 03-20-2009 at 12:37 PM.

GMRS-X1 Bluetooth is listed on new enough for
    MSRP:$399.99, Our Price:$339.95

the one without bluetooth is 280
    I dont knwo what everyone is looking at.
    Last edited by Gecko; 03-20-2009 at 12:59 PM.
    "There he goes...
    One of gods own prototypes.
    A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, too rare to die."