Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Homestead Jan 18, 09

Homestead Jan 18, 09

Spent the day at Homestead Sunday the 18th. Had a great time, didn't fall down and managed to pick up the pace a bit. They wanted to move me to the intermediate group, but I declined. I was having too much fun where I was Maybe after a couple of more Track days.

Pictures are on the way, ya'll will have to worry Vixxen, my personal photographer, for the pics.

I want to say THANKS to Griff, Shorty and Donny, for hauling me and my bike to Homestead and for making it a great trip

Much thanks to all who helped. Can't wait for the next track day.

Griff, Shortty and Donny
    Last edited by Capt. T; 01-20-2009 at 01:00 PM.

Overall it was a GREAT DAY.
    Everyone rode great, Capt. T was asked to move up but he respectfully declined...

Donny was fast as always, but was kind enough to drop down to Intermediate to play with us slower people.

ShortR6 got used to his bike REALLY QUICK and was back to being fast again....

My Stunt Double did the best he could, but there was a lot of traffic this track day.. FL Track Days as always put on a great day, just now it is becoming more popular, and with that MORE PEOPLE.

Vix took close to 800 pics for the weekend, we are still sifting through and will get more pic up soon..

But the weather was great, I got to meet Moni and Venemous and got to see a lot of friendly faces this weekend.

Best parts of the weekend, spending time with friends, riding with friends, riding at homestead...

My bike was FREAKING AWESOME, the work Donny did was incredible, the bike ran so strong, with a good enough drive out of a corner, I was able to reel in liter bikes...

If you havent, GET YOUR SHIT TUNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And get it tuned correctly.
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!
    When the FCUK did we get Ice Cream!!!!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best
    2:19.424

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898
    Yes i hold a track record, and NO it will never be broken

Gitmo

I heard there was something like 500 riders there...is that correct?
    2006 Suzuki GSXR 600
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LOL, well 500 is a tad much...

I think there was closer to maybe 100 total riders... At times the track did seem a bit crowded, but there really wasnt that many crashes, there were some, but not a lot.

Hey Intermediate was a great day to work on passing, and setting up passes...
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898

Gitmo

I wanted to go but I just have too much stuff I have to get caught up with before taking time off for the track. Almost there but all the dental stuff really put me behind schedule. I can probably make it next time.

Glad you guys had fun. Gummo puts in a serious amount of effort to have a quality track day.
    2006 Suzuki GSXR 600
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice pictures.
    The first one, GSXR with a cross in front.
    Griff? is that you?
    "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Willson

“I guess it's because we all want to believe that what we do is very important, that people hang on to our every word, that they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone - anyone - feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people that you've let into your life.”— J.D.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO View Post
    Nice pictures.
    The first one, GSXR with a cross in front.
    Griff? is that you?
    Nah, that's his stunt double. Griff don't ride.

Had a great time meeting everyone, and had more fun than should be allowed. Thanks to Donny from Dynoworks for toting all my sh*t down to Homestead and back. Thanks to Capt. T for dinner on Saturday night , and to ShortyR6, Griffinzx10 and Vixxen for the help and entertainment. Damn it was a laugh a minute. I cannot tell if my sides are sore from laughing so much or from riding..............

Got the video off the DVR and will post some links when I get some of it edited. Looking forward to seeing the pictures from Vixxen........

It was great to ride with you guys!!!

There was a ton of people but it was a safe and fun trackday. I belive there was about 30-40 people per group. I learned how to set people up and pass them and even how to do some clean passing in a corner. By the last session I got a good feel for the track and was focusing on carrying more speed thru the corners.

I got the track itch real bad, few weeks ago I was at Jennings, now Homestead, I wanna go back to track ASAP!!
    2008 ZX-10R
    2005 ZX-6R

Quote Originally Posted by FlynScotsman View Post
    Had a great time meeting everyone, and had more fun than should be allowed. Thanks to Donny from Dynoworks for toting all my sh*t down to Homestead and back. Thanks to Capt. T for dinner on Saturday night , and to ShortyR6, Griffinzx10 and Vixxen for the help and entertainment. Damn it was a laugh a minute. I cannot tell if my sides are sore from laughing so much or from riding..............

Got the video off the DVR and will post some links when I get some of it edited. Looking forward to seeing the pictures from Vixxen........

LOL, it was great hanging out with you as well buddy, I am working on getting ALL of Vixxen's pics onto DVD for everyone, Damm that girl was click happy, and i need to find out what Capt. T paid her, cuz she got so many great shots of him....

And yes, big thanks to Donny for his SUPER SIZED transport... that thing freaking rocks....

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous View Post
    It was great to ride with you guys!!!

There was a ton of people but it was a safe and fun trackday. I belive there was about 30-40 people per group. I learned how to set people up and pass them and even how to do some clean passing in a corner. By the last session I got a good feel for the track and was focusing on carrying more speed thru the corners.

I got the track itch real bad, few weeks ago I was at Jennings, now Homestead, I wanna go back to track ASAP!!
    Venomous, it was great meeting you and Moni and hanging out with you both... Love your ZX-10 makes me miss mine a little.. Esp at a track like homestead....
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898

Gitmo

yeah at homestead, the zx-10 was a beast and so much fun, get a good drive out of the corner and you pass a ton of people. At jennings though it was a hand full
    2008 ZX-10R
    2005 ZX-6R

Quote Originally Posted by griffinzx10 View Post
    LOL, it was great hanging out with you as well buddy, I am working on getting ALL of Vixxen's pics onto DVD for everyone, Damm that girl was click happy, and i need to find out what Capt. T paid her, cuz she got so many great shots of him....

And yes, big thanks to Donny for his SUPER SIZED transport... that thing freaking rocks....

Venomous, it was great meeting you and Moni and hanging out with you both... Love your ZX-10 makes me miss mine a little.. Esp at a track like homestead....
    The down side of the SUPER SIZED transport it is a tyre eating SOB....we had to change another tyre on the way back at Bonita Springs. Donny was glad to have bought that second spare rim and tyre. We got tyre changing down to around 10 min with hand tools. Watch out Nascar ........

Venomous, great to meet you and Moni, glad you had a good time.........look forward to seeing you at JenningsGP..........

Quote Originally Posted by FlynScotsman View Post
    The down side of the SUPER SIZED transport it is a tyre eating SOB....we had to change another tyre on the way back at Bonita Springs. Donny was glad to have bought that second spare rim and tyre. We got tyre changing down to around 10 min with hand tools. Watch out Nascar ........

Venomous, great to meet you and Moni, glad you had a good time.........look forward to seeing you at JenningsGP..........
    Great to meet you too!

I definatley look forward to riding with you guys at Jennings, and other tracks.
    2008 ZX-10R
    2005 ZX-6R

I heard about the second tire ordeal from Donny yesterday, that sucks, but hey at least you had spares
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898

Gitmo

wow, that sucks!!! I think Donny is gonna have to mod his rid and run tractor trailer tires, lol!
    2008 ZX-10R
    2005 ZX-6R

Quote Originally Posted by onesportbikerider View Post
    Nah, that's his stunt double. Griff don't ride.
    Griff sweet talking his Stunt Double
    Last edited by Capt. T; 05-26-2010 at 06:32 AM.

Best part of the weekend was Shortyr6 driving home, i think he thought he was still on the track, check out what the GPS recorded his max speed as:

Oh Look another SAE!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898

Gitmo

Quote Originally Posted by griffinzx10 View Post
    Best part of the weekend was Shortyr6 driving home, i think he thought he was still on the track, check out what the GPS recorded his max speed as:

I'm guessing he has a plane also?

413 is pretty fast, so I'm thinking military...

yeah actually we took the TSB Private Jet
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898

Gitmo

are u guys ever gonna put any pics up, you've been back for 3 days now????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    03 SV650S (Current)01 GSXR-600 (SOLD)
    Jlea aka Jennifer