Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Race Railz

Race Railz

Anyone interested in ordering some of these? They provide 10x more protection than regular sliders, but aren't as bulky as cages, so they don't get in the way through the twisties. Still working on pricing with Frank, but he is trying to hook us up with a pretty god deal if we get a bunch sold. Here is a link for the GSXR 600 railz, but can be ordered for almost any make/model!!!! Post up if interested!

http://www.pureacceleration.com/prod...roducts_id=790

Just ask around about the shipping & handling times that has gotten a bad name for Powers. This may save you guys a lot of time!
    2006 R1 Raven (Black Betty)..... And yet another project.....

Member of F.A.R.T

also keep in mind things should change with powers cause they did just find a new powder coater.
    send pics
    Cell: 614-323-6669
    http://www.facebook.com/hytekchaos

STOLEN!!!!! BASTARDS!!!!!

Also keep in mind a version of race railz is going to made here locally in the very near future. I am hoping to be in production sometime in April.
    2006 Suzuki GSXR 600
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Already got my race railz from pa they gave me the best price and they came in fairly quick. mine was for gsxr600 also.

Id like a pair, I need them for an 07 600rr

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless01 View Post
    Just ask around about the shipping & handling times that has gotten a bad name for Powers. This may save you guys a lot of time!
    Their turn around on the rails isn't so bad cause they make a lot of them

It's when you order something like a cage or 12 bar that they don't make all the time and pretty much do when it's ordered is retarded..

It's bad to the point I would never do business with them again and would tell anybody else to avoid them if at all possible. 4 months for cage and 12 bar is outrageous I don't care how small the shop is. I had 2 custom made subframes and fairing stay made and shipped from Canada in less then 4 weeks. Their customer service completely sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaNu1142 View Post
    My mom gave me crabs when I was a kid.

Okay here's the deal with Powers Stuntworx....

It's a company that's ran by a guy who is an engineer full time, Powers Stuntworx part-time. Getting a hold of them is difficult at times because of their "variable hours". They do keep busy and they make an AWESOME product, so it's these little issues we deal with to get something we really want

The delays with their production have only been for the last few months, because they outsource their powdercoating. Recently, their powdercoater took on a contract with Hershey, which put Powers in the "back seat" of their work load. Powers has sourced a new powdercoater just recently, so they are beginning to catch up.

Pure Acceleration has been waiting for quite a number of orders to be filles, and they have began coming in, which is awesome.

In the end, it comes down to application versus stock.

For example, PoorBoyBrian's race railz for his 1998 F4 came in very quickly because they happened to be in stock. However, I have had a guy waiting on 06 R6 race railz for about 3 months. I have another guy waiting on 04-05 GSXR railz for 2 months. But again, Powers is catching up finally. So hopefully they will be back to their regular 1-2 week turn around shortly, regardless of model.

I'd love to set up a group buy on them, it just depends on how Mr. Powers himself wants to handle it, if he'll even consider giving us a discount for quantity ordered. He may or may not!

But if we can get like $30 off per set depending on quantity, that would be flippin awesome, as it would bring the price of Race Railz very close to what a decent set of frame sliders cost.

RANDY man get crankin! I wanna see what you got in store. I know you don't ride so you got the free time, so get your ass to work bahahahahah

I was reading through some other forums last night and found a post for this same group buy. In the end, they got 18 ppl to buy in and got them shipped for $118 a pair.. Hopefully we can do the same!

ill be making some for my buddys 02 f4i here real soon

1991 FZR 600,
    MODS: R6 master, clutch perch, and VR
    93 FZR 4pot calipers (89 is 2 pot caliper)
    and 4in X 18im rear rim (89 is 3.5in wide)
    full muzzy exhaust, uni airfilter
    BODY: 2003 R6 tail/light, Frame WHITE

www.myspace.com/finalbox

Quote Originally Posted by ksdeltonafl View Post
    Id like a pair, I need them for an 07 600rr

Quote Originally Posted by WasntMe View Post
    Also keep in mind a version of race railz is going to made here locally in the very near future. I am hoping to be in production sometime in April.

Send me a PM when you get into production...I want a set for my 03' R-1 if you make it in black!!!!!!

I'd rather support a forum member than somebody else!
    03' R-1 (Black w/ red Flames...The real fast one!!!)

If you can read this...Thank a teacher, If it's in english...Thank a soldier!!!!!!BOOM...HEADSHOT!!!!

and to piss off the ACLU...God Bless America!

RLTW!

im very interested in a set for my 06 gsxr 1000 let me know when u will be up and running. also i would like to get my wheels powder coated white. can u do that as well?

i was close to ordering but heard about the wait time and it scared me off but will order definitly if there local for my 2004 gsxr 1000

i contacted powers on wed. of this week and they said they have secured a powder coater and in back to full business. my race rails should be here by fri.

I just put a set on my 08 gix 600. Aside from the protection they offer i didnt have to cut fairings whcih i was extemely happy about. With regular frame slider i would of had to cut. I had them installed in about 15-20 min. I also perfer theses over offset no cut frame sliders.
    Currently bikeless

you make them and ill put them on the race bike if it is allowed that way you get your name out on them...

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy_DX View Post
    you make them and ill put them on the race bike if it is allowed that way you get your name out on them...
    Allowed? Where would they not be allowed?

I had an over abundance of bodywork/bikes to get ready so I had to put the railz on the back burner. Nearly all the bikes are complete and work will begin in the next few days on the railz.
    2006 Suzuki GSXR 600
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

keep us posted. 07 GsxR 1000. Prefer black powder coat or paint would be fine too.

Eric
    Last edited by shift_jixer; 05-25-2008 at 06:31 PM. Reason: typo

Allowed? Where would they not be allowed?

I had an over abundance of bodywork/bikes to get ready so I had to put the railz on the back burner. Nearly all the bikes are complete and work will begin in the next few days on the railz.
    maybe wera wont...because race rails have the metal puck...but i guess you could put a small vortex puck on the end...