Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ICE: In Case of Emergency -contact info

Dog tags

Quote Originally Posted by BobTheBiker View Post
    I believe the ICE thing is a VERY useful contact piece in the case of oneself being injured, incapable of contacting someone or whatever.

I put my contact info on file with the state.
    I need to get a dogtag or something that provides identification and info pertaining to my bike.
    Dog tags I can do that just give me what type of bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Modifyd4 View Post
    I had a weird situation:

When I was sent to South GA ER from Jennings accident, things got really mixed up, the staff told my friends they would let the ER staff know my phone # of the person that could come get me (that msg never got to the ER staff). I ended up being at the ER ready to be released with nothing but my underwear, no shirt, no pants, no cell phone, no contacts, I only really memorize my parents #, no wallet or money or ID.

For some reason the ambulance staff wouldnt let me get my cell phone or my wallet while I was waiting at the track for the ambulance. Either way I got really worried and was calling all over the place to try and find someone to come get me, even called Fuel and ask them to call anyones cell phone at Jennings / Jennings the track was closed so no one could relay the msg.

Think next time I gotta put names on a piece of paper or something in my suit or who to contact. However in this case my suit / boots / shirt were all removed before I even got into the ambulance.

Anyway... just wanted to say its hard to plan for a future accident and all the crap that can go wrong.
    You guys are losing the point of ICE not to be put in your hat ,back pocket or cell phone. My point! this guy could not remember anything if he was able to use the ER"s laptop all his info would be there.On his wrist. right in front of him.

Every EMS and police and Fire have computers and the ER.

Quote Originally Posted by Modifyd4 View Post
    Not even a camera or camera phone to take pics... I was like you guys seriously going to discharge me in a gown and underwear? The doc said just put him upstairs until someone calls in to claim him lol.
    LOL. You're lucky they were going to release you with the gown. When I went down in August I went to UCH. They wanted me to give them the gown back before I left -- or pay for it! I was like, sure, I'll pay for it. Either that or I was walking out of UCH with just my neon green Jockeys.
    2008 Ninja 650

hi

Thanks a lot, just filled it out

helpful

Thanks for this thred i. Gave info for myself and my husband..i tried to explain it to my co-workers and one of the just could not understand why the police /ems could not use her cell phone.i tried for several mins to explain the issues of this to her , then i just gave up.. Some people just don't get it !!
    '01 bandit 1200 sold..
    '08 sv650s
    '07 zx 1400

when i went to the dmv they asked for a emergency contact, is this the same thing?

Interesting I have to go register my bike this weekend

Def a great Idea
    Xbox Live ID: Mogami76

2002 Aprilia RSV Millie
    2008 Lexus IS 250

thanks buck, i have signed up.

welcome?
    I will do today what you won't So I can do tomorrow what you can't

facebook.com/squidward269 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43-e7...ature=youtu.be

05-R1
    06 GSXR600

I miss you BW

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... ~Hunter S. Thompson

I used ‘Road ID’ in my bicycle racing days; it might be the only thing that makes it to the hospital after the paramedics remove all your gear.
    http://www.roadid.com/Common/Default.aspx

my bad it's been updated 2 posts ago but if anyone can edit the first post please do.
    Last edited by Oxide_Zer0; 07-30-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    I've been here

ICE: In Case of Emergency -contact info

Bump for justin case info ... I need to update 'mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by dsonik1 View Post
    But, what do I know, I was only a janitor.

Remember kids... Guns dont kill people. Birthday party rental clowns with guns kill people.
    Quote Originally Posted by ApogeeNow View Post
    All we need to do is to surgically remove their eyes and their eardrums.
    It will not only stop them from stealing, but will put them into eternal soundless darkness,
    denying them much more than just losing their hands, and hopefully they would eventually lose their minds.

First and only... 07GSXR750.

3 x Alumni!!! *HHS 2006-PHCC 2008-USF 2013*

Good idea. Keep in mind that most folks phones today have a keycode to unlock. I keep printed copies in my jacket pocket and tank bag.
    -------------------
    Thank your stars you're not that way...turn your back and walk away
    Don't even pause and ask them why...turn around and say goodbye

2008 Ninja 650r, aka Old Man Ninja