Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ICE: In Case of Emergency -contact info

ICE: In Case of Emergency -contact info

Florida DMV has a website setup that you can enter in two sets of contact information. In case you are in an accident they will contact them.

I recommend everyone doing this. Last year I was in a serious car accident and was traumatized right afterwards. My phone was smashed so I had no phone numbers. Some guy offered me his cell phone. I had to sit for minute and think about who to call. It took me 3 times to get my mom's cell phone number right and I know that by heart.

So check it out and it only take a couple of minutes.

https://www6.hsmv.state.fl.us/dlcheck/findcustomer

Thats a good idea, thanks for sharing.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mad raven
    I am going to use you and Donna as mine. Will you help me Buck?
    You know it brother.

Good info, I have done mine.

I saw that on the news great idea
    Warning:I don't actually ride I just bought a bike to pick up chicks!!!!!!!

JGP 1:58

in a flooded out shack in Dunedin with M.E.
    good find, Buck.

I've got a homemade ICE (in case of emergency) card that I carry in my left back jeans pocket, inside left jacket pocket and on the bike. I still need to get it laminated but I reprint as needed.
    It reads as follows: (all is good info to also verify mental state!)

Name:
    Address:
    Cell #:
    Allergies: morphine Blood Type: O+
    Normal B/P: 120/70 Normal Temp: 97.3 Normal Pulse: 85
    Current Meds: n/a
    I am an organ donor; my family does know my wishes.
    My living will is on file with my family, St. Joseph's & UCH.
    =====================
    Contact Info:
    #1. Name (relationship)
    Address / Home & Cell #s
    #2. Name (relationship)
    Address / Home & Cell #s
    #3. Name (relationship)
    Addresss / Home & Cell #s

Please call xxxx to tow my motorcycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by xavier31fl
    road trip to oz?...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCane on 1/14/07
    donna always made a point to ride anything with wheels, so it was called ho'ing
    Yep! That's why I am called the "Bike Ho".

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by a69tarbaby
    Allergies: morphine
    Blood Type: O+
    Current Meds: n/a
    I am an organ donor
    my family does know my wishes.
    My living will is on file with my family, St. Joseph's & UCH.
    This is the most important info you can ever have on you, should something awful happen to you (especially the living will and having your family know your true wishes)...

Unfortunately, organ donor cards are useless, though...
    Last edited by Papa Jon; 10-03-2006 at 02:17 PM.
    _________________ ____
    |--Papa Jon Racing--| | ; |____.
    |_..._...__________| _|..........|
    "(@)'(@)"""""|(@)(@)*****(@)

CCS #19

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Jon
    This is the most important info you can ever have on you, should something awful happen to you (especially the living will and having your family know your true wishes)...

Organ donor cards are useless, though...
    unfortunately, as Buck said, you don't know how valuable it is unless you've been there, done that.

FYI: checking the "Organ Donor" box on your license IS NOT ENOUGH!!!
    Your next of kin MUST still sign a consent form for the release! That is why it is so important to discuss your wishes with your family.

link for info & living will:
    http://www.fdhc.state.fl.us/MCHQ/Hea...m%20florida%22
    Last edited by Tarbaby; 10-03-2006 at 02:26 PM.
    road trip to oz?...lol

good to do! I just got done doing mine.

Quote Originally Posted by a69tarbaby
    unfortunately, as Buck said, you don't know how valuable it is unless you've been there, done that.

FYI: checking the "Organ Donor" box on your license IS NOT ENOUGH!!!
    Your next of kin MUST still sign a consent form for the release! That is why it is so important to discuss your wishes with your family.
    Then I'm in trouble i'm an organ donor and well Griff doesnt feel the same, lol. I wonder if I put it in my will, will it be carried through?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Vixxen
    I wonder if I put it in my will, will it be carried through?
    Wills can be useless, too...

If your will says no tubes for me, and your next of kin says tubes for you, then guess what?...Tubes for you...

Just like I posted above, your next of kin must know your TRUE wishes in the event that the unthinkable happens...And more importantly, be willing to honor those wishes, even if it means, well, the worst
    _________________ ____
    |--Papa Jon Racing--| | ; |____.
    |_..._...__________| _|..........|
    "(@)'(@)"""""|(@)(@)*****(@)

CCS #19

Quote Originally Posted by Vixxen
    Then I'm in trouble i'm an organ donor and well Griff doesnt feel the same, lol. I wonder if I put it in my will, will it be carried through?
    As far as I know, your next of kin must sign the release regardless of what your will states. Hopefully your next of kin will remember and honor your wishes when the time comes. Good luck in convincing him that this is truly what YOU want and how you want to be remembered. IMO, it truly is one of the last best things anyone can do to help others.
    road trip to oz?...lol

again, good post Buck!
    Ride Safe

It's also a good idea to have and "ICE" entry in your cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaNu1142 View Post
    My mom gave me crabs when I was a kid.

Ever been to an orgy??......I just got back from an Orgy
    You get "EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH" for this one BuckWizzle
    President of

R.A.S
    R.A.G
    R.A.L
    R.A.P
    R.A.T
    R.A.M69

Vice President of

R.A.S.D

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTINA View Post
    ninjas- are everywhere. haha

Pretty sure that most EMT's and Police already know about the "I.C.E" program.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2...24/109823.html

Possible ICE on Florida roads
    Sunday, July 24, 2005

The recent bombings in London gave a British paramedic an idea.

The idea was to put ICE -- In Case of Emergency -- numbers in cell phones.

If the cell phone owner had an accident or medical condition that prevented him or her from telling medical personnel the names of family members to call, the responder could simply look under ICE in the cell phone for the right number.

The ICE idea came from British paramedic Bob Brotchie after the recent London terrorist bombings. When Brotchie responded to bombing scenes, he often didn't know which phone number to call to get important information about the patient.

Brotchie thought it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name for people to file next-of-kin phone numbers under in their cell phones, and the ICE campaign was born.

The campaign is growing. It's circulating throughout the globe, including into the Bay area, through the Internet.

Polk County resident Roger Wise says he plans to program an ICE number in his cell phone.

"I think it's a good idea," Wise said.

But Bob Jackson, a supervisor with Polk County Emergency Medical Services, says he doesn't think the ICE numbers would be of any use to paramedics in the U.S.

"I don't want them (family members) coming to the scene," Jackson said. "We're going to be off the scene quicker (if family isn't there). And it doesn't help to have extra people on the scene upset, understandably upset, but still sometimes in the way."

And there's another problem. Paramedics have HIPAA laws to follow. Those laws generally prohibit the disclosing of health information to other parties, even family members, without a patient's consent.

"I can't give them information," Jackson said. "I can ask them, but I can't tell them what happened to the patient, by law."

Jackson agrees there are some situations where an ICE number programmed into a cell phone would come in handy, such as when a person has a stroke. Bystanders can contact that person's family.

Jackson also gave another example.

"I had an Alzheimer's patient who left the house to get cigarettes in Sarasota," he said. "We picked him up here in Haines City. I could call the family and say, 'We have your husband. Where do you live?' Because he didn't know where he lived."

While having an ICE number programmed in a cell phone can't be of help in every situation, some say it also can't hurt. Brotchie, the British paramedic, said he's already heard of success stories where a programmed ICE number helped emergency workers gather important information about a patient quickly.

http://trackjunkiez.com/smf/index.php?topic=2372.0
    ICE your cell phone
    « on: July 28, 2005, 10:15:53 AM »

Paramedics will turn to a victim's cell phone for clues to that person's identity. You can make their job much easier with a simple idea that they are trying to get everyone to adopt: ICE.

ICE stands for In Case of Emergency. If you add an entry in the contacts list in your cell phone under ICE, with the name and phone no. of the person that the emergency services should call on your behalf, you can save them a lot of time and have your loved ones contacted quickly. It only takes a few moments of your time to do.

Paramedics know what ICE means and they look for it immediately. ICE your cell phone NOW!

(Especially for us street riders. And I read one suggestion where they put the emergency info on a piece of paper and put it in their helmets, in case the phone gets trashed.)

Good Post buckwild750, this is a topic that needs to be brought up every few months so new riders can ICE their cell phones.

L8R
    Chris

xbox Live: xXClearwaterXx

"Aspirin is perfectly legal. But if you take 13 of them mother fuckers it will be your last headache" -- Katt Williams

Become a member of your local THC (Tater Haters Club) Click Here

Thanks Buck! I'm signing up for that. I carry info in my wallet, but better safe than sorry. I'm an organ donor myself, I also advice to donate blood. I try and do it as often as possible. Temple Terrace office is even open on sundays.

Good idea. i'm signing up now, thanks.
    http://www.riverviewforums.com - Admin
    '03 Suzuki SV650
    91 GMC Syclone #2173/'92 GMC Typhoon #1191
    '04 GMC Sierra 2500SLE CC/SB Quadrasteer
    '75 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds
    '92 Nissan Sentra SE-R
    '95 Seadoo XP/'97 Seadoo SPX
    '61 John Deere 1010 Tractor

Great idea Buck!! I'm signing up.
    R.I.P. Chuck 10/20/07

Emergency Contact Information DMV **IMPORTANT**

Just an FYI and a Caring Heart

This became effective in the state of Florida as of 10/02/2006. You can have 2 emergency contacts attached to your FLORIDA drivers license. In other words, if you are in an accident and they run your drivers license 2 emergency contacts will pop up so they do not have to search for relatives.

Go to http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/ click on emergency contacts, put in your contacts. I just did it, you need your driver's license number and names & all (home, work, cell) phone numbers of 2 people you would want to be called in an emergency.
    Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition thats troublesome

SpongeBob: I used to have a dream
    Mr. Krabs: Oh yeah? I used to have a kidney stone... everything passes eventually. xD