Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: riders down posting rules Q&A

Ok, so we don't post, I don't agree with it, but like I said before, let's agree to disagree on that one.

Now, here's one for you, let's say I theoretically start a website, www.ridersdowntampabay.com, where pretty much the whole point was to post up what you saw and when. I wonder how many people would be glued to that site... It's one of those things where you don't want to know, yet can't help but look at the same time...

in a flooded out shack in Dunedin with M.E.
    Quote Originally Posted by 777R View Post
    ....can anyone think of a better way to actually somehow relate what they saw without creating such paranoia? Is there some way to share "Orange-ish bike down on Bloomingdale near 301, 7:15am, helmeted rider lying motionless on wet pavement"?
    Something with definite identifying information certainly helps getting a post approved. I'm sorry, but "orange-ish" bike isn't going to work for me; there are too many of them out there. However, if it says orange and black GSXR / Busa / Ninja / etc with Yosh / D&D / Scorpion / etc pipe and rider wearing plain gloss black Shoei / HJC /etc, that would probably get my attention because the better description narrows the field down quite a bit as to who the rider could be.

For example, I would probably approve the following: "...motionless rider on Bloomingdale east of 301 around 7am this morning. Rider was wearing a plain black Shoei and black Joe Rocket mesh jacket. The orange & black GSXR had a yosh pipe and tinted screen. Paramedics weren't on scene yet / just arrived / were transporting the rider / helicopter landing / etc."

If paramedics/police haven't arrived at the crash scene yet, 95% of the time I stop to try to help; 100% of the time when I'm on the bike. Idiot cagers have tried to remove the rider's helmet two different times that I've stopped and the rider was breathing but unconscious. They just didn't know that the helmet needs to stay on!

Anyway, I've digressed enough.. enjoy the ride! stay safe!
    try to get as many details as possible if you do want to post about it.
    Last edited by Tarbaby; 03-21-2008 at 02:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xavier31fl
    road trip to oz?...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCane on 1/14/07
    donna always made a point to ride anything with wheels, so it was called ho'ing
    Yep! That's why I am called the "Bike Ho".

Hell, if you're on scene & can't get any info about the rider, get the plate # off the bike. Knowing the plate wasn't someone I know would help contain the panic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarbaby View Post
    For example, I would probably approve the following: "...motionless rider on Bloomingdale east of 301 around 7am this morning. Rider was wearing a plain black Shoei and black Joe Rocket mesh jacket. The orange & black GSXR had a yosh pipe and tinted screen.
    Ok, that's cool, that's a good "line" set on this sort of thing..!

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaNu1142 View Post
    Hell, if you're on scene & can't get any info about the rider, get the plate # off the bike. Knowing the plate wasn't someone I know would help contain the panic.
    True that... True that....

Angry The Original Badseed

I am a cousin of Vinny Ciabattoni we were extremely close. Losing him is the worst thing that could have happened in my life... For those of u leaving ur bullshit comments when u either didnt know him or think u know u him KEEP YOUR SHIT TO YOURSELF! Have some respect for him and his family! U dont know what happen you werent there I know this because I was! I was on the bridge! For those of u who left him... rot in hell! I know who was with him n kept going when he crashed... Just remember Karma is a bitch! VINNY WAS NOT DECAPITATED he was in tact... You people need to stop sayin bull shit u know nothing about!

what is that in reference too?^^
    Jeter sux A Rod

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

http://www.tampasportbikes.com/forum...ad.php?t=18355

Tara, sorry for your loss but I dont think anyone onhere is bashng your cousin, on the contrary there were many well wishers if you follow that link
    Jeter sux A Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Taramarie0215 View Post
    I am a cousin of Vinny Ciabattoni we were extremely close. Losing him is the worst thing that could have happened in my life... For those of u leaving ur bullshit comments when u either didnt know him or think u know u him KEEP YOUR SHIT TO YOURSELF! Have some respect for him and his family! U dont know what happen you werent there I know this because I was! I was on the bridge! For those of u who left him... rot in hell! I know who was with him n kept going when he crashed... Just remember Karma is a bitch! VINNY WAS NOT DECAPITATED he was in tact... You people need to stop sayin bull shit u know nothing about!

Hello, we are truly sorry for the loss of your cousin, but i dont think you have you facts correct...

If you cannot find, or show reference to where your cousin's death was disrespected, we will remove your post and your account.

I am sorry for your families loss... Deeply sorry. But please dont come on here flaming this community for something that is incorrect.
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!
    When the FCUK did we get Ice Cream!!!!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best
    2:19.424

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898
    Yes i hold a track record, and NO it will never be broken

Gitmo

I pm'd her the link also showing support for her family
    Jeter sux A Rod

I also sent her a pm, if she doesnt log back in within the next 24 hours, i am deleting her account and her posts
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898

Gitmo

in a flooded out shack in Dunedin with M.E.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taramarie0215 View Post
    I am a cousin of Vinny Ciabattoni we were extremely close. Losing him is the worst thing that could have happened in my life... .... You people need to stop sayin bull shit u know nothing about!
    We are sorry for your family's loss. However, please respect our forum by not making general statements without researching what was (and was not) said about your cousin and other riders. The very nature of this thread is to restate and answer questions about our RULES for posting about "riders down". We do our best to keep this topic respectful for the fallen rider and their family and friends... please re-read this topic thread and you may see that our intent is to honor the rider without being disrespectful to their memory.

Thanks JC and AJUSF.
    Last edited by Tarbaby; 04-30-2008 at 12:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xavier31fl
    road trip to oz?...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCane on 1/14/07
    donna always made a point to ride anything with wheels, so it was called ho'ing
    Yep! That's why I am called the "Bike Ho".

13. I just tried to post an article with the link where a motorcyclist fled the cops and the cop crashed as well, in Texas. It said it would have to be moderated. Are all rider down topics under moderation que before it's posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Sportbikes Blog View Post
    I just tried to post an article with the link where a motorcyclist fled the cops and the cop crashed as well, in Texas. It said it would have to be moderated. Are all rider down topics under moderation que before it's posted?
    http://tampasportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14595
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898

Gitmo

15. Quote Originally Posted by griffinzx10 View Post
    http://tampasportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14595 With respect to everyone involved, the riders, family and friends we are now going to moderate all posts in this section..
    Ok thanks. Cleared up now. 2 pms sent reference another topic.
    Last edited by Florida Sportbikes Blog; 04-08-2010 at 01:21 PM.