Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: riders down posting rules Q&A

in a flooded out shack in Dunedin with M.E.

riders down posting rules Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Linux/Joe
    Why is it you feel people dont have the right to post about it, so that someone can find out. Its not your fault, or anyone elses if they start calling people.

I dont see how making a big deal about it is going to solve the problem in the first place
    Good question, however, without the rider's NAME and/or SPECIFIC type of bike, these type of posts usually create and cause needless worry and concern.

It is sad that another rider has lost their life, but let's face it, with the nondescript "2001 Kawi", "2005 Suzuki", etc that media sources print (from police report/registration records), it could just as easily be a sportbike or a cruiser...
    Quote Originally Posted by xavier31fl
    road trip to oz?...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCane on 1/14/07
    donna always made a point to ride anything with wheels, so it was called ho'ing
    Yep! That's why I am called the "Bike Ho".

Here is the problem with posting vague information, the problem is that usually the information is never correct...

Ronster I hope you dont mind, but when Ronster went down at Barnicles a few weeks ago, he had just done down, I believe JH was there with him, I was standing by the outside patio, and someone comes running up saying, Ronster just got hit by a car..... EVERYONE TOOK OFF RUNNING...
    When we got there we realized that he hadnt gotten hit, but was hurt and everyone did what they could..

But that is the PROBLEM, the story changed in LESS THAN 5 MINS, and people were there.... We dont need this kind of wrong info posted up... We dont need a Blue and White SUZUKI crashed today... WOW that really helps narrow it down....

Now can you understand where we are coming from? Why cause mass panic when all the facts arent even in yet...
    Oh Look another SAE!!!!
    When the FCUK did we get Ice Cream!!!!!!!

OH LOOK>>>>> CUPCAKES...
    JGP Best 118 seconds
    HMIS Best
    2:19.424

Daytona................
    CCS AM 898
    Yes i hold a track record, and NO it will never be broken

Gitmo

Quote Originally Posted by griffinzx10
    Ronster I hope you dont mind, but when Ronster went down at Barnicles a few weeks ago, he had just done down, I believe JH was there with him, I was standing by the outside patio, and someone comes running up saying, Ronster just got hit by a car..... EVERYONE TOOK OFF RUNNING...
    When we got there we realized that he hadnt gotten hit, but was hurt and everyone did what they could..
    In this case thats what was actually said by one of the drivers. We were there right after he got up and she said to us "I didnt see him". So bringing that info over to the group you can assume from that comment she hit him.

Otherwise I get what your saying!!!!!

a Blue and White SUZUKI crashed today... WOW that really helps narrow it down....
    bluenwhite gsxr's are not that common you should be able to narrow it down
    Jeter sux A Rod

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

Originally Posted by Linux/Joe
    Why is it you feel people dont have the right to post about it, so that someone can find out. Its not your fault, or anyone elses if they start calling people.

I dont see how making a big deal about it is going to solve the problem in the first place

I am guessing that was aimed at me. So I will respond.

Like I said we all know that people die and people wreck. We do not need to hear about it all the time. If it is a member or a friend/family of a member and someone close wants to post up ALL of the CORRECT information that is great. But posting about some poor guy who lost his life is not needed. It seems that several people feel it is necessary to start a thread about every incident no matter how small or large and no matter how little information they have. It is BS. We are talking about the loss of life here not some petty stuff like tire pressure.

I feel it is very wrong for people to find out that they just lost someone in a motorcycle accident in some half assed way on a forum. Is that how you want to find out that your best friend just died? And I know the response to that will be..."I will know before other people do in that situation." Well that is just not true if you notice the trend on this forum. ALOT of the threads are started by someon who just saw an accident scene 5 minutes before posting. Usually there post goes like this "I was just driving down the road and saw a blue/white gsxr in a ditch and a body under a tarp." What kind of bullshit is that? I feel it has to stop and be limited to forum members or their close relations posting facts.

I feel very strongly about this because I have been riding a very long time. Close to twenty years. I have been to far too many funerals of close friends. Some of those friends I was riding with at the time, some I was supposed to be riding with, and some the last time I saw them I was riding with them. I have also recieved phone calls from crying friends asking if I was the dead person on a bike on US 19. It is horrible but it is a fact that if you ride motorcycles long enough you are either going to be a victim or friends with a victim and often both. Nobody needs that rubbed in their face.
    2006 Suzuki GSXR 600
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I get a phone call about once a week from family asking if it was me...
    Jeter sux A Rod

Quote Originally Posted by ajusf16
    My boss sees people who have wrecked or died while coming to work and tell me it made her think of me.

I copletely aree With WasntMe

Just a few weeks or so ago there was a post about a orange and black "maybe" red and black Gixxer or "something". on 54 that was demolished and the rider was "more then likely" dead.

Well there are a lot of member in that area.

Next thing there was a flurry of OMG was it so and so or this person?

Everyone was freaking out about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaNu1142 View Post
    My mom gave me crabs when I was a kid.

same here and the calls i get asking if the downed black cruiser they saw was christoph... well, that is really bad.

honestly, how many riders actually know the full name of those that they ride with? or the real names of their fellow postwhores?
    Last edited by Tarbaby; 12-20-2007 at 03:06 PM.
    road trip to oz?...lol

best wished to your friens
    Jeter sux A Rod

I for one dont know half the peoples real names or their last names

Quote Originally Posted by OhSNAP!!!
    I for one dont know half the peoples real names or their last names
    Exactly the point and we (you and I) are pretty active within this group. We've usually got AT LEAST 4 each of Steves, Mikes, Chris and Johns at most TSB meets, but how do we differentiate them? usually by s/n, which is some members' actual last names... but how many of us actually know that?
    road trip to oz?...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tarbaby
    Exactly the point and we (you and I) are pretty active within this group. We've usually got AT LEAST 4 each of Steves, Mikes, Chris and Johns at most TSB meets, but how do we differentiate them? usually by s/n, which is some members' actual last names... but how many of us actually know that?
    even more of a reason not to be making posts untill there is actualy some "solid" information.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaNu1142 View Post
    My mom gave me crabs when I was a kid.

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarbaby
    I'm the only Chris that matters

I am the only awwwjeewwsufff that matters as well
    Jeter sux A Rod

awwwjeewwsufff
    gesundheit

Here is the problem with posting vague information, the problem is that usually the information is never correct...

But that is the PROBLEM, the story changed in LESS THAN 5 MINS, and people were there.... We dont need this kind of wrong info posted up... We dont need a Blue and White SUZUKI crashed today... WOW that really helps narrow it down....

Now can you understand where we are coming from? Why cause mass panic when all the facts arent even in yet...
    Great example, Cause we all know I was there and watch everything that happen. About 5 min. later I ask some one to get Randy cause I needed his truck to load the bike up and then here came 20 or so guys running to the rd to find out that what they were told was not what Happen. That was in about a 3 min time frame.

AND Yes there is allot of Blue and White SUZUKI out there
    R.I.P Brandon Williford... Gone but NEVER forgotten 3/16/79 to 4/29/12

hmmm misinformation, rumors and speculation on internet forums!? tell me it ain't so

and uhm I heard some rumors here in Texas at a very prestigious locals hang out too!

Last edited by stevewfl; 12-20-2007 at 10:34 PM.
    Steve

2010 Concours14 (everyone asks mileage, its now >109,000)
    KTM EXC
    ZX9R
    ZZR600 all lowered and its for Teressa