Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: TSB Dirt Riders!

06 LTZ 400......I know...its a Suckzuki. Still a Nice Quad. Couldnt beat the price I stole it for.
    DARK LORD

Quote Originally Posted by VaderR1
    06 LTZ 400......I know...its a Suckzuki. Still a Nice Quad. Couldnt beat the price I stole it for.

Vader Believe me.....I hate using The H-word!ha!ha!
    Even though The YZ was a 2002....It was pretty Beat up..in my book.
    And they wouldn't go to the price I was willing to pay...It was on consignment!
    < N > RUN ?

I had a YFZ 450 then I sold it to my brother. I would recommend going to Sand Mountain. You can race or just ride. http://www.sandmountainspeedway.com/

lets see where do i begin. recently purhased a 07 CR125, got a kid killer 08 KX100 with goodies! and a mostly stock 07 LTZ 400 in the past had a 99 KX125 a 01 i think KDX200. My pops rides the 08 KX250F. man gotta love the employee deals!
    '08 KFX450R~'08 WR250X

I have a secret place(maybe some people know) over by my house in oldsmar by the flea market.If any one wants to check it out let me knowand i'll pm you the info.All i ask is don't do anything to ruin it such as riding wheelies down the public street while shooting hand guns and drinking a 40 ounce malt liquor,lol
    2009 ZX10R
    M4 slip On 6000K High and Low Hid's,Fender Eliminator.03 cobra:slammed and fast..

Quote Originally Posted by fordfx584
    I have a secret place(maybe some people know) over by my house in oldsmar by the flea market.If any one wants to check it out let me knowand i'll pm you the info.All i ask is don't do anything to ruin it such as riding wheelies down the public street while shooting hand guns and drinking a 40 ounce malt liquor,lol

Ford Pm Sent And Thanks!

So, What do U ride?
    < N > RUN ?

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited
    lets see where do i begin. recently purhased a 07 CR125, got a kid killer 08 KX100 with goodies! and a mostly stock 07 LTZ 400 in the past had a 99 KX125 a 01 i think KDX200. My pops rides the 08 KX250F. man gotta love the employee deals!
    So, I'm assuming...U own u're own Dealership.....LOL
    < N > RUN ?

Quote Originally Posted by Skylar750
    I had a YFZ 450 then I sold it to my brother. I would recommend going to Sand Mountain. You can race or just ride. http://www.sandmountainspeedway.com/

Skylar Thanks..
    < N > RUN ?

I have a 2003 Yamaha TTR125, I like to ride trails and do little jumps. Soft sand and I don't get along, bike is way too squirrelly and I'm not strong enough to control it.

Bump

Anymore..Dirt Riders...?
    < N > RUN ?

TSB Dirt Riders!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posting This Up To find Out, Who All Here At TSB! Ride Dirt.

And What Do U Ride

& If Anyone has some pretty cool places to ride, besides the obvious Places!

It Would Be Really Cool, To Get Us All Together... and Go Somewhere & Throw Around Some Dirt!!!

Post Up What U Ride! And Then We'll Have a List Of Riders!

Knine>1999 Honda CR250R
    Cbrspeed/Trxasaurus>2007 TRX450R
    Unlimited>2007 Honda CR125/2008 Kawasaki KX100/2007 Suzuki LTZ 400
    Pops>2008 Kawasaki KX250F
    H20Caver>
    Kit-Ride2>CRF 100F
    TBAGR>2007 Honda TRX450R
    Jarhead>2007 Yamaha TTR 230
    Mel>2007 Yamaha TTR 125
    Jarhead & Mels Daughter> Yamaha TTR 90
    Ronster>2006 LTR 450
    Chixxer>2004 LTZ 400
    Ronster's son> 2006 RM 85 & '04 300 EX
    Ricksta>Honda CR230
    VaserR1>2006 Suzuki LTZ 400
    Fordfx584>2001 YZ 250
    Prettyboy> ? Yamaha YFZ450
    Girley>2003 TTR 125
    < N > RUN ?

I know some good places to ride, but they are north ...
    Prob to far for you guys to travel ..
    Holder close to Hernando is the location, just north of Inverness ..
    Its a pit I use to train in with a bunch of guyz I knew back when I was racing motocross/supercross ..
    I raced for over 15 yrs from the age of 8 on up to 125 pro in 1996..
    I qualified for the Nationals after winning all 4 events @ the Mini Olympics @ Gatorback ..
    My sponsors were:
    Kawasaki
    Sky Power Sports
    Tom Morgans Performance Engineering (Engine test rider)
    Oakley
    Dunlop
    Cam 2 Race Fuels
    Axo Gear
    Alpinestar Boots
    Motul Oil

I was also I personal trainer for Suzuki Factory Team of Canada when
    Jean Sebastian Roy rode for them ..

Elf wanted to pick me up to ride in the FIM series overseas, but I wasnt up to moving away from home like that ...
    Oh well, thats the choices you make in life that you have to live with ....

I loved those days, but to many injuries forced me to retire ...

Well I can still offer knowledge if anyone is interested in that ..
    Most arent interested in going into full blown racing, but I can help you get comfortable & fast on the bike, if thats what your looking for ..

My son races & he's a little bad ass ... 10yrs old ..

"Strength thru peace of heart, Peace thru strength of mind" LB
    "Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation." BL

That's 1 Hellva Resume!..

U got me beat,,,,,I Suck @ MotoX...

Seems I forgot How to ride!...Oh! Well....I Just bought it...To have Fun anyway....
    Last edited by Knine; 09-15-2007 at 10:39 AM.
    < N > RUN ?

Quote Originally Posted by Girley
    I have a 2003 Yamaha TTR125, I like to ride trails and do little jumps. Soft sand and I don't get along, bike is way too squirrelly and I'm not strong enough to control it.
    Mine's the same way. It improved a little when I got knobbier tires. I am sure there are some technique issues that could help me too.

Rotech....any tips?!?

Quote Originally Posted by kt-rides2
    Mine's the same way. It improved a little when I got knobbier tires. I am sure there are some technique issues that could help me too.

Rotech....any tips?!?
    Sand is tricky to most because they try an use the same riding technique they would on other surfaces ..
    Riding in sand is like riding with a flat tire up front ..
    In order to feel more comfortable ripping thru sand it is the same principal as trying to get home on a flat front tire ..
    You wanna keep your ass back to take the weighted load off the front tire, while still having you face as close to the bars as possible ..
    i.e. Being forward (attack position) always you to have better control of the stearing, while having some of your body weight back takes weight off the front wheel, while adding weight to the rear tire for better traction
    (Better drive)
    The throttle will also add in keeping the front tire light..
    Taking a load off the front tire works in the same way as hydroplaning over water ..
    If the front tire can hydroplane, it wont dig-in thus giving you a more controled feeling ..
    Its like the rudder of a boat .. The more rudder in the water the more precise the stearing, but in sand that amounts to no control ..
    The knobs on the front tire are all you need to steer, you have to try & get the rest of the tire out of the sand ..

There is more to it than that, but those are basics anyone can benefit from ..

"Strength thru peace of heart, Peace thru strength of mind" LB
    "Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation." BL

Thanks!
    I am definitely going to work on that!

Ford, I checked that 'Spot' out yesterday(9-20)! I only rode there for a hr......I thought it was a Great Place to Ride!..for begginner & intermdiate riding!

And for me , it being so close...I'll be hiting it during the wk days and rotating the spot into the wk end riding.
    < N > RUN ?

Ford, thanks for coming out today and letting me tag along...It was Fun!
    Going to go hit a few new location...But, for sure that place will be hit once a Wk!

Btw> Nice meeting U & Nice YZ250..
    < N > RUN ?

Yeah it was fun!Your welcome let me know the next time your out there i'll try to make it over.
    2009 ZX10R
    M4 slip On 6000K High and Low Hid's,Fender Eliminator.03 cobra:slammed and fast..

Yeah it was fun!Your welcome let me know the next time your out there i'll try to make it over.

Ford I get in touch with u around Weds /Thurs to go bac out there..If u're not doing anything!

i'm hitting another Track...Mon.,Somewhere in Mulberry,Where a few of the Cahill riders go to....If I make it out alive! Sun!..lol
    < N > RUN ?