• Categories Widget (Show All)

• Recent Articles

• DNA Speedmeters

This section is for local businesses that I come across and provided good quality service and I want to do a quick write up and thank you to that business.
    So in short about a year ago, on my 2005 GMC Yukon, I noticed that the oil pressure gauge was acting weird, on colder days, it would read 0, after running the truck for 30 mins, if I turned the truck off and back on, it would read normal again.
    Not long after that I noticed that my gas gauge was reading wrong from time to time and even further after that my speedometer was reading 30 mph over what I was driving. So at this point I did some research and found that this is a known issue. I took my truck a local dealership and they said that it would cost around $400-$500 dollars and I would have to leave the truck over night. This was so they can call in the mileage to where they were ordering the new cluster from, have it programmed and then shipped over night to install. Not wanting to spend that amount of money, I did more research and found it was the stepper motor and from reading and watching videos online, it seemed pretty simple. Parts would cost about 30 dollars. The only thing I was concerned about was the soldering on the circuit board.
    Looking around locally, I found DNA Speedometers; I called them up and got a quote and some additional information.
    They told me that they could have it back to me in an hour or two; they would do a full test on the cluster, and also replace another known issue, dimming lights, especially the ones around for P, N, R, D.
    They also offer a 1 year warranty on their work, all for the much cheaper price of about $140.00
    So I took my truck over there and they got me in and out in about an hour and a half. I pulled out my cluster myself, handed it over to them, and picked it back up and installed.

DNA Speedmeters
    4014 W. Alva St.
    Tampa FL 33614
    Ph. 813.875.8226
    Fax 813.876-6401
    www.DNASpeedometerS.com
    dnaspeedometers@hotmail.com

Comments 13 Comments
      SAT_DUC -
      Says i dont have permission to view that page.
      griffinzx10 -
      sat duc, check now, let me know if you can see it now
      SAT_DUC -
      Yep yep! Looks good now.
      SAT_DUC -
      Very cool. Sounds like a good business!
      griffinzx10 -
      ok cool, thanks for the heads up, i had to add the site supporter group to the access permissions
      echoraven -
      Nice!
      caps -
      Cool stuff!
      Drewster -
      Dead link for me.

Sent from my rotary phone....
      griffinzx10 -
      love love love saving money....
      Saved a few hundred on this, Poorboybrian helping me with changing the plugs on the truck, and a friend getting me a discount at Adv auto parts, save a few hundred there, replaced some bulbs, and i know that saved me as least a hundred...
      griffinzx10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Drewster View Post
      Dead link for me.

Drew, try this link, does it work:

http://tampasportbikes.com/forum/con...cal-businesses
      Drewster -
      No. If it matters I am using tapatalk

griffinzx10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Drewster View Post
      No. If it matters I am using tapatalk

not sure if it shows via tapatalk, trying using a pc first
      PoorBoyBrian -
      Both links don't work for me via tapatalk and when I went on the site using chrome on my phone I could not find the thread.

Sent from my phone, ignore grammar, spelling, and autocorrect.