PDA

View Full Version : Cycle Gear Sale

Spyder
10-27-2005, 06:57 AM
Hey completely forgot to tell you guys about this sale. Sorry about that. This Saturday, it's 10% off everything in the store. Also, if you're looking for tires. We've got sets of Metzler M-1's on sale. If you need a 190 rear it's 159.99. If you need a 180 rear it's 149.99. These prices are for the set (front and rear). Metzler is made by Pirelli. So, it's a pretty decent tire for street riding from what I've heard.

N250girl
10-27-2005, 07:01 AM
Thanks.
I went to your store with my hubby a couple of months ago. I was returning a light blue joe rocket mesh jacket. You were all making fun of me cause I was walking around picking the most expensive stuff in the store. :censored: ( Well I don't know if YOU were one of them).

Anywho, can you hook a girl up with some leathers!!!!

I am thinking about the Teknic Black/Grey suit.

Steve
10-27-2005, 07:24 AM
I will be by. Thanks for the post.

ctate
10-27-2005, 08:44 AM
We've got sets of Metzler M-1's on sale. If you need a 190 rear it's 159.99. If you need a 180 rear it's 149.99. These prices are for the set (front and rear).

Ahhh What???

$160.00 for a set of tires?

Front and Rear for $160.00???

:confused:

http://www.starcycle.com/street/metzeler.html

ctate
10-27-2005, 09:17 AM
Spyder,

I did some research on the Metz and found that the M-1's seem to be a good tire.

but When I went out to the Metz web site. they recomended I use the METZELER RENNSPORT SUPERSPORT tire onmy bike

can you get me a Price on them?

these are the Parts Numbers that Metz calls for;

Front 120/70ZR17TL(58W) RENSPT - 2.50 BAR
Rear 190/50ZR17TL(73W) RENSPT - 2.90 BAR

RENNSPORT SUPERSPORT (http://www.us.metzelermoto.com/en_85/tires/template_categorie.jhtml?catid=85RCNG&productid=16166&sku_id_rear=1307000&sku_id_front=1306900)

Tire developed for racing oriented riders using race technology for top dry performance on normal road and high satisfaction on the racetrack

Fast and direct handling for very high performance riding on normal roads, for delayed braking and rapid direction changes
Compound deriving from racing experience for outstanding grip and very fast warm up: the slick-like behaviour allows fast cornering with very high safety margins
The 0° steel belt structure provides great degree of control and stability in all conditions, especially when powering out of corners, giving excellent feedback

Road Tires (http://www.us.metzelermoto.com/en_85/tires/template_categorie.jhtml?catid=85SPORT)

Call me and let me know what the deal is. Thankz

SloDown
10-27-2005, 10:21 AM
Hey completely forgot to tell you guys about this sale. Sorry about that. This Saturday, it's 10% off everything in the store. Also, if you're looking for tires. We've got sets of Metzler M-1's on sale. If you need a 190 rear it's 159.99. If you need a 180 rear it's 149.99. These prices are for the set (front and rear). Metzler is made by Pirelli. So, it's a pretty decent tire for street riding from what I've heard.

I will be there to get me a set...Wife just gave me the ok, Love her so much

Are those the current prices or do we have to wait till Saturday?

let me know

SM171
10-27-2005, 10:35 AM
I will be there to get me a set...Wife just gave me the ok

Tell her you are getting a new set of tires. Only problem is they are attached to an new RC51. :gve:

griffinzx10
10-27-2005, 10:58 AM
Tell her you are getting a new set of tires. Only problem is they are attached to an new RC51. :gve:

Is that what you did with your wife:
Honey, I want to do a couple of mods to the KTM........ But they are all on the Buell....:D

SloDown
10-27-2005, 01:39 PM

I ASKED HER FOR IT TODAY...SHE SAID TRADE YOURS IN AND GET IT...THEN I SAID BUT I DON'T WANT TO TRADE MINE IN..THEN SHE SAYS MUST NOT WANT IT BAD ENOUGH THEN

SHE OWNED ME

ctate
10-27-2005, 01:44 PM
I've found out some more about the Metz tires.

LISTEN UP....

Weekend Track goers:
Right now Metz is giving you the front racetech for free if you buy the rear racetech. last count 777 front tires left in promotion

Reachtech is there version of the old Pirelli SuperCorsa. From what I have read and heard. it's an outstanding tire exsactly like the Old SuperCorsa's. (Pirelli SuperCorsa's are new for 06)

I've also seen them go for $225.00 on web sites and get the Front for Free($25 S&H) thats a killer deal for a set of race tires.

Street Hero's:
The M-1 would be Metz version of the Diablo. Sticks like the diablo but has a more advanced curve for greater lean angle. As well as a new tread pattern which suposedly makes it have outstanding wet weather traction. $160.00 Cycle Gear

The Rennsport would be the Diablo Corsa. From what I have found out, this tire is a 30% street and a 70% track tire. The thread pattern is the same as the supercorsa. It makes a great tire to take on track days then leave on the bike and ride the street with But it's not that good in the rain. So be warned... $190.00 online

Metzeler Street Tire's (http://www.us.metzelermoto.com/en_85/tires/template_categorie.jhtml?catid=85SPSUP)

I've run the Diablo, Corsa and SuperCorsa. All are great tires. The Diablo I feel was the best one on the street. The Diablo lasted the longest and gave excellent traction. The Corsa is a little more money and a little more proformance. I'd stick with the Diablo on the street. The supercorsa is the greatest tire I have ever run. But it's a track tire and doesn't hold up on the street and is not good in the rain.

I'm going to give the M-1 a shot at that price I can't go wrong. Well unless the tire blows up while I'm out on a Super Sunday ride. :occasion1

SM171
10-27-2005, 01:46 PM
I ASKED HER FOR IT TODAY...

Is that what you did

No, I just show up with a bike.

Guys, remember this motto:
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission. :duck:

griffinzx10
10-27-2005, 01:50 PM
That is true in most cases, but with me, we all know that no matter what, permission, or forgiveness, my healing time is still going to be the same :ninja:

Spyder
10-28-2005, 07:38 AM
I think the motto is actually It's easier to BEG for forgiveness than ask for permission.

Ctate, I think you need more valium.

The price special we're doing is only for the M-1 and it's only on Saturday. I'll still get you the price on the Rennsports and the Racetech's while I'm at it. I'll check to see if I can still get the free front tire, too.

For the street, I think anyone will be good with any Michelin or Pirelli product. As far as the track goes, I'm going with Michelin Pilot Power Races all the way. I'm not sure if there was a problem with the Pirelli slick that I used or what the case was. But I am sure the Pilot Power Race I used was rock solid.

ctate
10-28-2005, 08:29 AM
I think the motto is actually It's easier to BEG for forgiveness than ask for permission.

Ctate, I think you need more valium.

The price special we're doing is only for the M-1 and it's only on Saturday. I'll still get you the price on the Rennsports and the Racetech's while I'm at it. I'll check to see if I can still get the free front tire, too.

For the street, I think anyone will be good with any Michelin or Pirelli product. As far as the track goes, I'm going with Michelin Pilot Power Races all the way. I'm not sure if there was a problem with the Pirelli slick that I used or what the case was. But I am sure the Pilot Power Race I used was rock solid.

It all comes down to the tire you like the best. I have a Power on my bike now and hate it. So I have been roasting it off. As far as handling and "the ride" on my bike. I think Pirelli is the best hands down. I remember reading something about a year ago in one of the comic book. they were saying the King was dead (meaning the GSXR1000) because the 1000RR was coming out. they ran a test with the Stock bikes and the 1000RR blew the foot pegs off the GSXR at willow spirings. then they changed tires to the Pirelli Diablo on both bikes and the GSXR laided to waste the 1000RR. Although the Comic book gave the shoot out to the CBR the GSXR still out preformed it hands down with the new tires.

Point. Some tire profiles and designs work best with certain bikes and riders. I prefer the Pirelli myself over the Mich. but if the Metz is the same thing as the Pirelli but at a Mich cost. then I think that the Metz are going to really get popular among performance minded people... IMO of course.

I'm going to try the Rennsports and the Racetech's and see for myself. cause even after the Racetech Promo, there still cheaper than the SuperCorsa.

Spyder
10-28-2005, 04:25 PM
All right, I did some researching today at work. Actually I just called the tech department at Parts Unlimited. Now, I haven't looked at the Metzler website, but despite what it may say, the Rennsport is no longer available. I was told that the Rennsport is a two year old tire and that the Racetech was the replacement.
Talking with people I've heard that the Sportech(M-1) is really sticky and a good street tire but pretty soft and doesn't last very long. So, I'm gonna have to say that the Racetech is like the Super Corsa and the Sportech is like the Corsa.

Now, from what I've read in the catalogues today. The benefit of the Racetech or the Super Corsa is that for us liter bike guys (that means 1000cc) the rear tire is a 190/55. This will give you the meat of a 190, but the profile and therefore turn in feel of a 180/55. The benefit of going with the Pilot Power Race is that they are dual compound so they last longer, but they are only offered in a 190/50 on the rear. If your bike normally runs a 180/55 or you don't do track days, disregard the paragraph you just read.

Now as far as the street tires go. The Corsas and the Sportechs are nice and sticky. However the Pilot Power is just as sticky, yet gives you about another 1500 miles, from what I've heard from customer experience.

When you look past all the numbers, because the numbers are really close and even the manufacturing process of each tire maker is almost identical, the confidence factor probably has a bigger effect at our level of riding than anything else. If, in your opinion, one tire is better than the other, that's the tire you should go with. That way when you're at the limit, you're not thinking about your tires hoping they will hold.

In conclusion: For $160 the Metzlers are a damn good deal.

Whew...

BMBSHL
10-28-2005, 04:57 PM
Metzler Sportec's handled great but didn't even make it 3,000 miles...

Spyder
10-28-2005, 04:58 PM
By the way, Chris, I got the price of the Racetechs.
120/70-17:$142.46
190/55-17:$224.99

ctate
10-28-2005, 05:26 PM
By the way, Chris, I got the price of the Racetechs.
120/70-17:$142.46
190/55-17:$224.99

$368 for a set is not bad. Leon sells the supercorsas for $360 so you are right there with him price wise...

As for the rennsports not being made anymore.
I think that Parts unlimited is just not selling then anymore.

Here is what the Metz Site has to say about that. According to the Metz site, from about five minutes ago, they are going to still make the rennsports.

I see tires on your web site that my dealer says they cannot get for me. Why?
Our company offers web sites for many different countries. If you see something that a dealer says is not available I would have to say that you are looking at a site in a different country. This North American web site shows tires imported for our market only. This means many Metzeler tires are not sold here due to little or no demand. Just remember www.us.metzelermoto.com for North America

I sent an email to Leon asking him about it. Since he is a Pirelli and Metx dealer he should know what the story is.

SloDown
10-28-2005, 07:15 PM
All right, I did some researching today at work. Actually I just called the tech department at Parts Unlimited. Now, I haven't looked at the Metzler website, but despite what it may say, the Rennsport is no longer available. I was told that the Rennsport is a two year old tire and that the Racetech was the replacement.
Talking with people I've heard that the Sportech(M-1) is really sticky and a good street tire but pretty soft and doesn't last very long. So, I'm gonna have to say that the Racetech is like the Super Corsa and the Sportech is like the Corsa.

Now, from what I've read in the catalogues today. The benefit of the Racetech or the Super Corsa is that for us liter bike guys (that means 1000cc) the rear tire is a 190/55. This will give you the meat of a 190, but the profile and therefore turn in feel of a 180/55. The benefit of going with the Pilot Power Race is that they are dual compound so they last longer, but they are only offered in a 190/50 on the rear. If your bike normally runs a 180/55 or you don't do track days, disregard the paragraph you just read.

Now as far as the street tires go. The Corsas and the Sportechs are nice and sticky. However the Pilot Power is just as sticky, yet gives you about another 1500 miles, from what I've heard from customer experience.

When you look past all the numbers, because the numbers are really close and even the manufacturing process of each tire maker is almost identical, the confidence factor probably has a bigger effect at our level of riding than anything else. If, in your opinion, one tire is better than the other, that's the tire you should go with. That way when you're at the limit, you're not thinking about your tires hoping they will hold.

In conclusion: For $160 the Metzlers are a damn good deal.

Whew...

Is the 160.00 for the set because if they are I am there first thing in the morning. Does this go for the Cycle Gear in St. Pete also?

Holla back

ctate
10-28-2005, 07:43 PM
Is the 160.00 for the set because if they are I am there first thing in the morning. Does this go for the Cycle Gear in St. Pete also?

Holla back

Yes and YES. :occasion1

Spyder
10-28-2005, 08:15 PM

Hey hey Chris. You don't work at Cycle Gear, why don't you let one of the experts handle these questions!

Yes and yes. :D

SM171
10-29-2005, 04:41 AM
If you need a 180 rear it's 149.99. These prices are for the set (front and rear).

Damn, that's a hell of a deal. I don't need tires yet but at that price I may buy a set for later. Thanks for the heads up.

SloDown
10-29-2005, 08:07 AM

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET..

Thanks Ctate...

ctate
10-29-2005, 08:59 AM
Hey hey Chris. You don't work at Cycle Gear, why don't you let one of the experts handle these questions!

Yes and yes. :D

You know Spyder, I am on the mailing List... :occasion1

Plus EJ told me. :D

SloDown
10-29-2005, 01:00 PM
Picked mine up today..and if the sale is still going on on the 1st I am going to get another set.

Cycle Gear on US 19 in Pinellas gets A+ from me for service and kindness. Got help from a red head guy....Really cool dude

neffjohn
10-29-2005, 01:58 PM
i picked up some tires as well . didn't need them but too good of a deal to pass up.
thanks scorpion!
nice to meet ya spyder :occasion1

ctate
10-29-2005, 02:59 PM
Racetechs for the track people www.ronayers.com Totol was $202 shiped.

Front tire cost me $25 from The Metz site.

$227 for a brand new set of Race tires. :occasion1

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: