PDA

View Full Version : Factory Suzuki Off Road team

RCDAVE
02-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Comming home from Ocala today dropping off the Mom unit I noticed the Zuk rig at croom. Went over and met a few of the guys. They are in town for daytona and GNCC race on tuesday and the alligator enduro. Rodney Smith was a fast bastard in his SX days and now holds the #2 plate in GNCC. The guy ripps in the woods and holds his own on a track still. Showing my age again he said he's 46 now. Looks great and still making a living at racing dirtbikes against the best in the world. He is one of the few to beat David Knight on the GNCC circuit. anyway his RM450xc is sooooo tricked out and the new one has the stator and electric start. Bikes were amaizingly clean and well kept. 2 of the guys just got back from a 60 mile bike ride. Training hard!

RCDAVE
02-28-2010, 04:59 PM
just noticed all those #1 plates on the doors of the trailer. Smath has quite the resume in the off road world. Deffinantly worthy of being immortalized on TSB. Knine thought you would appreciate this guy. Theres still hope for the old guys out there. He was riding with Tim Ferry and Kenny Keylon down here.

gumby234120
02-28-2010, 05:44 PM
i heard that alot of the supercross riders are also going to be at croom tomorrow.

RCDAVE
02-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Possible, theres alot of tracks around though. i dont think croom would be the place they hang out when Tim ferry and chad reed all have tracks at their house. BUT it wouldnt be unherd of. Croom is a great place to train for endurance. Good workout in those wooped out trails and front pit area. I was gonna go out there actually to watch these guys ride in the morning. Smith hauls ass.

gumby234120
02-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Possible, theres alot of tracks around though. i dont think croom would be the place they hang out when Tim ferry and chad reed all have tracks at their house.

that would make more sense, but thats what i was told.

RCDAVE
02-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Oh yea like I said I wouldnt doubt it at all. They used to be out there all the time dureing winter series. Good for the local shops and they dont mind being available to the crowds that buy their bikes. I'll go check.

Knine
03-02-2010, 11:15 PM
just noticed all those #1 plates on the doors of the trailer. Smath has quite the resume in the off road world. Deffinantly worthy of being immortalized on TSB. Knine thought you would appreciate this guy. Theres still hope for the old guys out there. He was riding with Tim Ferry and Kenny Keylon down here.

9410......That's what I Think!!! lol